Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Aluminumticket

Talk about your dreams, DFAF.

I had a dream the zombie apocalypse started, but no one really cared and everyone thought it was something minor that could be fixed. But then it spread, and I found myself armed with a machine gun and a shotgun, with my Dad and his girlfriend, and we were fighting off zombies in a super-bowl area. Then we ran into more survivors, and chilled at their place for a little bit. Then there was a time lapse, and things got really bad. I turned into Mulan, and a Demon Door from Fable 2 wouldn't let me in a gate to safety because he was too bored. The zombies were closing in, so I climbed into the castle, and started fighting with my machine gun again. Then the male lead from Mulan came by with a blimp, and talking about how there was an island with mermaids we could fight, because he thought I kicked the zombie's asses. So we rode off in the blimp, and then I woke up.

What'd you dream about?

That must have been an awesome dream, Ticket. :D Thanks for making this thread, I love hearing dreams :D

Ok, recently I dreamt I went to visit my long lost great grandmother who lived in the middle of a rainbow. So I rode Kenai from Brother Bear through a huge forest and over these enormous mountains until we reached the rainbow. I pondered for a minute how I was going to get into the rainbow, but then Bobby Zilch came and told me to just "Walk straight through it, new kid!" So I did it, and I was sucked into a vortex of spinning colors. Inside the vortex it was raining, and I stuck my tongue out to taste the rain and it tasted like that rusty pipe taste you get when you drink from an old water fountain. Well, finally the vortex ended and I was in my Grandma's house. Turns out there was no 'long lost grandma' and it was just my real Grandma playing a trick on me the whole time.

I got mad, and so I grabbed a paddle off of the wall of her house and chased her down the street. And then I woke up ... xD

Thats pretty epic.

I had a strange dream a few nights ago dealing with a sprawling educational campus, my highschool american history teacher assigning a strange rock-music project, a demented candy maker, trying to get on the bus, my highschool english literature teacher talking about Kafka in class, and a strange musical journey up the interior of a building with some people I know.

A lot of my dreams involve a strange, warren-like educational institute place. One that I barely remember involved a building that was part of such a complex ontop of a mountain of broken sharp volcanic rock that had a mineshaft in its interior where there were ghouls of some sort. I think that dream also had quite a few makeout sessions.

Many of my dreams are pretty lucid, which allows me to summon a shotgun if the zombies come (which they do quite often).

Oh and my teeth often rot in my dreams.

Lejwocky, I've looked into these things before. I used to have the same dreams.

Did you know that dreaming about rotten/falling out/breaking teeth means you're insecure/self conscious about your appearance?

It's an extremely common thing to happen in dreams amongst teens.

I had a dream the other night where I went to this really expensive all-organic clothing store. The ceiling was all gnarled and woody, and from the outside you could tell that it was actually a part of the roots of a giant tree that had emerged from the ground on one side and twisted together to form a building. So I went in and looked around and I saw this thing, it was like a jacket only not, and it had these huge poofy sleeves that were actually stuffed. I tried to buy it but the lady at the register said that the price tag was wrong and it was actually seven billion dollars. I was like dude no. And then I left the store and met up with this girl I randomly became friends with last week. She said I had a nice jackety thing and I was all whut cause I was wearing a tee shirt. Then I looked and it turned out I was still wearing the jacket. I'd totally just walked out of the store with it on. And then I tried to return it and the lady said it was a gift. Then Aaron randomly walked by on stilts and gave me a goat skull. I just like took it and walked away. And I fell into a kiddie pool that was just like, randomly sitting in the middle of the road. And then I looked and instead of water, it was full of bee corpses. Then some other stuff happened that I don't remember and woke up. Oh, and somewhere in there was a set of rainbow bagpipes. Like, still plaid. Just that the plaid was rainbow plaid.

I had a dream last night that the girl I like told me she was engaged to someone, (weird becuase we're at highschool), I woke up screaming.

Oh, heres one of my favourites:

I had a dream that one night I went to sleep early for once (early as in not 4am), and had even gotten out of bed early-ish, about 8:30am. Then, I proceeded to take a lovely warm shower and I had a delcious breakfast and had great artsy ideas all day long and even got them done on the same day and I even got a Daily Deviation award over at dA.

Then, at 1pm I woke up to the sound of everyone else yelling at me to wake up. To my horror, I did actually resolve to go to bed and get up early the night before, but it seemed that my plan had not executed itself in a physical form.

Why can't I have nice dreams for once?

Oh geez, OriginalUsername, that's sad and hilarious. xD

Just woke up. Had a dream that I my Algebra teacher came to arrest me for something, so I hid in the woods to watch this nature thing, and my Mom was totally going to help me out, but she turned traitor in the end. And then, when I got in trouble, the family burned DVDs of it and sent it out to my boyfriend and family members. I could only stop my Mom from talking about it by putting my hand over her mouth, but she would lick my hand. So, I went to High School. Except it was at comic con, and i tried to arrange my boyfriend to sit by me, the seating chart being arranged by what phrase you say to the teacher, and he took one in the back of class, even though I sat at a seat talking about a PS3, which I do not have. My angry whispering at him got me in trouble, and the teacher made us play a game with the other members of our table to make us friends, where she gave away tickets to a rooftop party at Disneyland. Each table got twenty tickets, and I got in a fight with a guy at our table because he was being an ass and he said a derogatory term. After I fought him, an elephant showed up and just sort of stood there, and I got quite a few of the tickets for myself. Fled school, waited out rest of day in Oleander's car. Then went to party, expect I went to the wrong party, and they were serving desserts. I brought my family, and remember going there four different times in that dream, each time there being a new selection of desserts (Including this odd spaghetti food, which came with a spaghetti cooking tutorial), and eventually a frozen bottle of tea on a stick. (I wanted to try the red-bean ice cream too. Oh well.) Then, a girl I was apparently supposed to fight showed up, and was like 'What the hell are you doing?' and I kinda of nudged around a chocolate cake on my dish, embarrassed, and said '...Enjoying myself... Want some cake?' And I offered her the fork, when I found myself in that school hallway again with my boyfriend, and a teacher passed by talking about how she hated tenth graders. My boyfriend turned to me and said 'I smiled at her. I think she likes me'. And then I woke up to a cat meowing with a dead animal. Fun.

LOL. Don't you just love dreams?! I got a kick out of reading all of these. I didn't have one last night, unfortunately.

And I just realized I sounded like a ... Dream Doctor or something in my previous post. Totally unlike myself, you know.

Still though, some dreams can indeed have meanings behind them.

Yus indeed. I've always had some trouble interpreting my dreams. Usually 'cause I'm too busy going 'I wrestled an alligator! How cool was that!?', or 'I wrestled an alligator. I don't even think that means anything other than I'm crazy'.

I had a dream where my friend got mad at me for absolutely no reason and hopped onto a black truck and started shooting at me for 10 minutes out-side of a pink convenience store in Mexico. I survived by jumping behind a bullet-proof plastic "SALE!" sign. After 10 minutes, he said "WE WILL MEET AGAIN! But, now I have to leave." He drove off and I walked in the store...which turned in to my house. In the hose I saw my mom's boyfriend cooking. I saw a bunch of axes wedged in potatoes and he said "I'm trying to kill you." To which I responded "Yeah, I can see that by the way your trying to put cuttleries in my food." His only response was to throw meat-cleavers at me. That's when I woke up.

I dream about this town that's like the town I grew up in. Only its bigger, and more vibrant in lively. And there's something about it, that just doesn't click, something surreal about it that I can't put my finger on. Anyway every time I dream about it I basically just wonder through it. Not much happens, but its awesome because I'd totally live there if it were real.

I dream about this town that's like the town I grew up in. Only its bigger, and more vibrant in lively. And there's something about it, that just doesn't click, something surreal about it that I can't put my finger on. Anyway every time I dream about it I basically just wonder through it. Not much happens, but its awesome because I'd totally live there if it were real.

Nice! It's like the place you live in when you're asleep :D I wish I dreamed like that.

Lejwocky, I've looked into these things before. I used to have the same dreams.

Did you know that dreaming about rotten/falling out/breaking teeth means you're insecure/self conscious about your appearance?

It's an extremely common thing to happen in dreams amongst teens.

Ya, I heard that someplace. Though I think in my case some other issues might be coming into play (not that i'm not self conscious. boy i'm self conscious). When I was younger one of my then loose baby-teeth actually fell out when I was asleep. That was freaky, but luckily I didn't swallow it.

I fly a lot in my dreams. The mechanics seem based off how they fly in Hitchhikers guide.

Okay okay I had the weirdest one a few nights ago

It started out with me being in this photography race or something. I was on a blue team and the assignment was to go to different planets and take pictures of the life forms on the planets ((ala Spore)), but then the red team would always try and destroy the planet to mess us up and stuff.

Then one of the planets was the world of Brütal Legend and we ended up watching Eddie fight this giant winged centipede dragon ((not like the first boss of the game)). What he had to do was drive towards it and drive inside of it when it's mouth was open, and as he was going through the monster he had to slice the passing organs and stuff. Oh and he was being chased at the same time by other bad guys that followed him into giant monster thing.

It was pretty metal :3

Today in the car (I was in the car for eight hours, dude.) I fell asleep and I had this lovely dream that I went to Fae Hollow, and when I woke up we stopped at a rest stop and I discovered that it hadn't been a dream because I had scratches on my legs from where Tycho jumped on me.

(Fae Hollow is one of our friends' homes and Tycho is his dog.)

My friend can control what she dreams about. She's done it. So far, it's worked every time.

At least thirty LOZ dreams have gone since that girl's head since she started doing it.

And before Pokemon P/D came out, I kept having these dreams that it was gonna suck. It didn't.

I had a dream that my mom and I were watching a G (or PG, can't remember) movie and people kept saying the F word.

I think, I don't remember exactly

Tonight I fell asleep on top of some Original Character designs I did, and was convinced I had started drawing them in a bar. In the bar, someone gave me a cigarette, which I smoked, but then it turned about to be marijuana. Then I turned into JD from Scrubs, and Turk told me I couldn't help anyone because I was high. Then Dr. Cox came in and yelled at me. There was this other part of the dream, but I don't remember it...

Last night I had a very short dream, but a weird one nonetheless.

Someone forced me into an airplane and they flew the thing up almost through the atmosphere. The entire time I was terrified out of my wits, and then the pilot goes and sky dives out of the plane, leaving me alone. By this time I was so scared I could feel my heart beating uncontrollably. I would look out of the plane window and upwards, and there was space instead of sky. Apparently I was up that high xD

I remember thinking that if I drunk the mug of water that was on the seat near to me, I would be alright. I drank it, and a ghost appeared in the pilots seat. He was dressed in 19th century clothing, though. He turned to look at me and said "Everything's going to be alright, I know what I'm doing."

And then all of a sudden, I fell out of the window of the place and came down and down until I landed in the ocean. Once underwater, I could breathe. It was awesome :D Then I woke up.

Just a little dreeeeeeeam...

Who can blaaame a person for dreaming?

Wishing on a staaaaaaaaar...

What are staaars for aaanywaaaays?

Walk beneath the staaaaaaaars...

Hooold your looooove close to you

Set your dreeeams upoon a stroooong heaaaaaart...

They'll coome truuuuuue.

I had a dream that my friend had a Strong Bad pop-up book. It was the book of my dreams!

But, seriously, my dream was actually kind of a strange mix between Okami and De Blob.

Also, Raymondo Person.

When I was little I used to have this recurring nightmare.

I'm in this long hallway that comes to a T. Beside me is a trough of coal, as I look around the corner I see that at one end of the T is this heavy wooden door, and at the other is the door's guard, this immense black and red train. The Train has a face, and the mouth, eyes, and nostrils seem to glow red from within (think possessed Tomas the Tank Engine). I know I have to get to the Door, but I also know that if I try the Train will charge forward and kill me. I sit on the floor against the wall, tired and out of breath (I'm not sure why) and stare across at the Door, trying desperately to think of ways past the Train. I glance at the trough next to me and get an idea. The shiny lumps of coal are surprisingly heavy and leave my hands blackened as I handle them. I cautiously peek around the corner to make sure the Train is looking the other way, then toss a large lump near it. The sound draws his attention. When he spots the coal he sniffs a few times as a long, glowing red tongue snakes out of it's mouth and curls around the coal. The Train seems to be enjoying the treat immensely. I toss several more pieces it's way and wait. Finally he closes his eyes to savor the taste and I make my move. I sprint towards the rut it's track are in and take a running leap for the other side. The Train, alerted by the sound of my bare feet wrenches it's eyes open and charges full speed at me, letting out a demonic whistle/roar.

This was generally when I'd wake up. I used to have the dream a lot but I haven't had it in several years. I think of it quit often though. It was very vivid.

I've also dreamt of breathing underwater, though it's not really breathing underwater so much as I'm holding my breath in the dream whilst also aware that I'm breathing in the real world.

Sign in to follow this