Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Aluminumticket

Talk about your dreams, DFAF.

I'm totally going to do the ping-pong ball-radio static thing.

I just need to find a ping-pong ball.

Fffffff.... Thanks, Katez xD

I have no idea how that stuff started becoming a habit.

Last night I assume I fell asleep thinking about my quest to get a photo with a brutal standee, because that's what I dreamed about. It took place in this big mall-like place that was entirely made of bulbous, curvy glass and apparently suspended in a vast fish tank. When we went in we were given slippers with furry wheels on the bottom, one large wheel to each shoe. Mine were red. The floors (also curvy glass) were fun to roll around on because when you fell it was soft but the wheels didn't stick to them like they would to silicone. I went from store to store trying to find the right one. Every store had a standee, and all but the Brutal one had a subject that started with C. (I only realized this after I woke up and was writing down everything I could remember about the dream.) the ones that I could remember were: cereal, ceiling fans, cars, cats, crullers (as in the pastry) and capsules (it was some kind of medicine, actually.) Eventually I found the right store. It was a candy store... O___o I remember also having to hurry because at a certain time this game show was going to start and my brother (who was evil in the dream) was going to steal all of the standees. I made him not evil by stealing his hair ties.

I usually counter mine with the power of LOGIC. The few that get through, though, are usually very weird. They generally involve forested ruins, deserts, magic and other fun stuff. They're also generally adventures (I get to explore the massive worlds rather than sitting in a single place). The details are a bit blurry, though.

I usually counter mine with the power of LOGIC. The few that get through, though, are usually very weird. They generally involve forested ruins, deserts, magic and other fun stuff. They're also generally adventures (I get to explore the massive worlds rather than sitting in a single place). The details are a bit blurry, though.

Logic doesn't work for me. I'll use a general example:

dream me: 'oh look a scary monster-beast'

monster-beat: 'oh look, food'

dream me: 'wait, scary monster-beasts don't exist, i must be dreaming'

monster-beast: 'glaragahRAW!'

dream me: 'you don't exist and can't hurt me'

*monster-beast rips open my dream-selfs chest and I have a strange feeling of what I think it feels like to be disemboweled*

dream me: 'f-this'

*dream me summons shotgun and begins levitating*

Once I dreamed I shot myself in the head. I felt blood/brains burst out. I then fell to the ground.

Logic doesn't work for me. I'll use a general example:

dream me: 'oh look a scary monster-beast'

monster-beat: 'oh look, food'

dream me: 'wait, scary monster-beasts don't exist, i must be dreaming'

monster-beast: 'glaragahRAW!'

dream me: 'You are my own creation! I command you to stop!'

*monster-beast rips open my dream-selfs chest and I have a strange feeling of what I think it feels like to be disemboweled*

dream me: 'f-this'

*dream me summons shotgun and begins levitating*

Once I dreamed I shot myself in the head. I felt blood/brains burst out. I then fell to the ground.

Fixed

I dream about this town that's like the town I grew up in. Only its bigger, and more vibrant in lively. And there's something about it, that just doesn't click, something surreal about it that I can't put my finger on. Anyway every time I dream about it I basically just wonder through it. Not much happens, but its awesome because I'd totally live there if it were real.

Heh, you're not alone.

I often dream of a city that looks quite like my own, but very different in some ways. There are half finished skyscraper office buildings with some floors bustling with activity, and some just having bare concrete walls, alleys overgrown with lush vegetation, giant hills and quarries (right in the middle of the city), with fortresses made of junk. There are strange nearly abandoned highways with cracked asphalt, and big train stations, running trains with small open windowed wagons, decorated with wrought iron, that go to all places of the world. High above the city there are giant bottomless floating towers, and the sewer tunnels that run beneath the city go much deeper than they ever would in reality, sometimes crossing the boundaries of hellish realms.

Quite a place all in all. And since I often dream lucidly, I really enjoy exploring it.

There are a lot of people who dream of places like that.

The cult writer Max Frei (who I can quite heartily recommend. I've heard that one of his (hers, rather, but nevermind) books was already released in the US) had rather accurately described such places as the "dark side". Not dark in sense of evil, but rather a hidden side of the world. A backstage of the world if you will, where all the magic stuff that people are refusing to see in their waking hours waits for us. A place, where reality meets myth and fantasy. Think Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere, Lovecraft's Arkham, Stepher King's Crouch's End and a lot of other authors.

Maybe sometime later, when I'll have time, I'll post one of the more memorable dreams I've had there.

Last night I dreamt that Lili and Raz hosted SNL, and the Levitators were the band. It was epic, to say the least.

I dreamed that my whole family was in a spaceship. We found a another, wrecked ship floating around. We picked up the only survivor, who was Koco. Then we adopted her. It was strange.

^ Damn! Guess that means you can't marry her now, huh? xD

I had a dream last night in which I was drawing a cat, but no matter how hard I tried to make it a cat it always ended up looking like a foot. With like, prettily painted toenails and an ankle bracelet. It was a really well-drawn foot, the best foot I've ever drawn, but it was supposed to be a cat...

The worst part was, I kept trying to talk to her, but she only wanted to hang out with my brother. Kind of like my real sisters. Well the younger ones anyway. Of course, they're not very interesting anyway.

Oh and I never said I wanted to marry her. I just think she's very makey outy. I know I've never seen her, but her name's Erica. You kind of have to be makey outy with a name like that.

Dreamed about fighting lots of things. And dribbling cats like basketballs. The cat story was rather tragic, but the cat crossed the finish line despite the fact he had been dribbled to death. What a brave cat.

The worst part was, I kept trying to talk to her, but she only wanted to hang out with my brother. Kind of like my real sisters. Well the younger ones anyway. Of course, they're not very interesting anyway.

Oh and I never said I wanted to marry her. I just think she's very makey outy. I know I've never seen her, but her name's Erica. You kind of have to be makey outy with a name like that.

Strong Bad? were you just First Basin' it with that piece'o loose leaf?

I mean no offence. just thought I'd make that reference. :D

Last night I had a strange dream. I blame the quiche me and my friends made for dinner.

I dreamed I was in Canada and their government had passed some bizarre bathroom legislation.

Later in the dream I kissed a friend; he later vomited beans.

Freud help me.

I had a weird dream last night, I was sent to a juvinial behavour improvement center along with 50% of the people in my school year level.

And I hadn't even done much it was just because I had gotten more than 3 detentions and that was considered very bad apparently.

And we were going to be kept there for a month I think and made to do lots of crazy manual labour.

And I remember saying to sombody "Oh well by the time this is over we'll probably be really fit"

Today I had a really freaky dream. (Dreams had while napping are, for me, always way scarier, way more vivid and way more disturbing than regular dreams.) I was drowning in a tank of thick, clear blue goo. I was pounding on the walls when this girl came up to the side and, placing her hand upon the glass, whispered "no one can help you." I started to cry. Suddenly angry, she shouted "SHUT UP!" and kicked the tank, which shattered, leaving the goo to morph from a cube into a blob and then melt. I stood up to thank the girl for saving me, but the floor melted away below my feet, and suddenly I was falling through space (complete with stars.) I froze into a solid block of ice and then woke up.

Did you have an actual comment or did you just want to swear? xD

Both, acutally. I kinda need to. Untill dinnertime, I AM NOT ALLOWED TO EAT OR DRINK. And you thought YOUR current condition was bad.

How far away is dinnertime and how long has it been since you last ate or drank?

...THERE'S A NEW SPAMMER IN TOWN....AND THEIR NAME IS ECOINZ. I get this strong 'someone in the US mint is actually spamming us' vibe...

9/24.09 I dreamed Gregory Peck was telling stories about Hollywood while showing mementos. He pulled something large across the floor from behind me to the right, like a great black bottle or cannon that had that old kind of dull shiney finish to it like on old things from a museum ship, while some song was playing from the soundtrack of Moby Dick, and the men in the song, Peck's voice among them, sang some very low and others sounding as if they were singing through glass tubes to get even lower. I was sitting in the chair I have now, a cushioned chair with wide wooden arms that were like tables. Peck was dressed in some old 18th century seafaring garb like officers uniform from Horatio Hornblower but the collar was open like he was just off the set, but he had a beard sort of like Ahab in Moby Dick but he was younger. He gave me pencils and knives from the movie, or about the movie, promotional items with stuff printed on them that I couldn't read, one being a slide knife but that was broken short, with a peculiar angle to the handle. He told about Mickey Rooney and how he had gone to see Rooney in some stage play and asked for something promising Rooney he could get him in to see Abe Vigoda and Estelle Parsons in another play, only something didn't work out and it was missed, but he made good on another performance. All the while I was trying to wear Mickey Rooney's short olive green stocking cap/beanie as a sock on my right foot. There was another part that had to do with something in a small town where some digging underground was happening, and there was a cat that was in on the digging but that something went wrong and it was stuck underground but also underwater, cold murky water, with lights but only so it could be seen like imagined, as in a glass ant farm, and I could see that it had very smartly sort of built an upside down house under the underground water and it survived there in an air bubble in the cold dark with things that were maybe down there or after it or lived like that but I didn't see if the cat was ever rescued. During the Peck part of the dream I though that the rare song that was playing would go like gangbusters on the internet, and Peck said that some of the elastic bands would fetch a good price being rare. He was in good spirits. I think the dream was about my parents.

Sign in to follow this