Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EMarley

Steam page

Steam also has a -10% presale offer now like GOG (and lists only the PC version, also like GOG).

Steam also has a -10% presale offer now like GOG (and lists only the PC version, also like GOG).

They're both currently listing only Windows, as those will be the only versions released at launch (though Mac and Linux versions will be coming later).

Mac and linux versions will arrive late to the party, but they are still coming. (sorry about that)

Pre-ordered from Steam! ;)

I'd love to see them do cards for this eventually. Looking forward to seeing what achievements it has too.

I see it's on Humble Bundle too, but no DRM-free version is offered there:

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/p/dayofthetentacle_storefront

A bit dissapointed in that. I held off from a GOG purchase because I thought the Humble Store purchase would mean both Steam key and DRM free version.

Same, I'll probably get the GOG one because DRM-free is important for me for these games, but I enjoy the achievements/badge crafting/social aspect of Steam. That said, I've noticed that humble bundle is currently offering the lowest price that I see (wasn't discounted when I posted earlier, but it is now).

I've noticed that humble bundle is currently offering the lowest price that I see (wasn't discounted when I posted earlier, but it is now).

Same price as the Steam version, at least for me (US$13.49).

I've noticed that humble bundle is currently offering the lowest price that I see (wasn't discounted when I posted earlier, but it is now).

Same price as the Steam version, at least for me (US$13.49).

For me in Europe it's showing as 12.14€ with the discount, 13.49€ is the original price and the discounted price on Steam and GOG (where the original is 14.99€). GOG does say that you'll get 1.40€ in store credit for purchasing it there, to offset regional pricing.

For me in Europe it's showing as 12.14€ with the discount, 13.49€ is the original price and the discounted price on Steam and GOG (where the original is 14.99€). GOG does say that you'll get 1.40€ in store credit for purchasing it there, to offset regional pricing.

Ha! Now the price on Humble Bundle has changed slightly: now the discounted price is 12.59 € and the full price is 13.99 €.

Only four days to go...! When are the achievements going to drop? I really want to see what Dave came up with!

Only four days to go...! When are the achievements going to drop? I really want to see what Dave came up with!

I'm rather curious if any achievements were added to MM.

I'm rather curious if any achievements were added to MM.

I seriously doubt it. The game is included as an extra and is probably running unchanged from the original. I bet there's an achievement for loading up the game, and I SERIOUSLY hope they've made it so you can return to DOTT after playing it, but other than that I bet there's nothing.

Great idea, though. I bet it would have been a first if they had!

Steam page says 23 March now..

Doesn't show a date for me, only says March 2016. But the Double Fine twitter said midnight EST would be the release, so in about 3 hours. Maybe it'll take a day more for the Mac version? The Double Fine twitter said that the Mac version would release tomorrow, but didn't say whether it would be at the same time as the Windows release. It's already available for Playstation, apparently!

Playing it now, it's superb, glorious, wonderful, amazing...I'm running out of superlatives to use here..

Sign in to follow this