That's what happens when you make posting in here basically this:

http://i.imgur.com/CBEHBil.png

oh, are we alluding to the little fight that was the cause of my beloved egr getting locked? i mean, yeah, carl can be touchy but 99% of the time she has a more sensible opinion than whomever she's bothering to argue with. why is it such a big deal if they make ghostbuster women? if they just got the same old guys to do it they would just look tired and bored anyway. like, could everyone who thinks ghostwomen busters is an offensive idea just go back to telltale? plz?

The issue was never about them being women, but I'm not opening that can of worms again.

That's what happens when you make posting in here basically this:

http://i.imgur.com/CBEHBil.png

Y'know for someone who goes on and on about the whole freedom of speech thing, you really don't seem to understand that it's a two-way street.

If you don't think you owe anyone the benefit of not being a raging douche and saying whatever you want, no matter how offensive, then no one else owes you the courtesy of politely disagreeing. Freedom of speech 100% provides for that, and there is no permutation of it that shields you from an angry response so don't feel too sorry for yourself.

I was using "you" in the general sense but okay, I'll take that.

Since you're here though what's the deal with EGR so far, if you happen to know? Cheeseness said it'd only be closed for a while, but it's been nearly a week now.

Since you're here though what's the deal with EGR so far, if you happen to know? Cheeseness said it'd only be closed for a while, but it's been nearly a week now.

I'm not sure. I know it was being discussed with spaff about how long to keep it closed to let things cool down. Double Fine is currently at the GDC, so that may have something to do with the lateness of it (although that's just speculation on my part though, so take it with a grain of salt).

a6RSN0c.jpg

That explains why I always feel like hot is twiddlin' my knobs.

I almost want to say that clearly EGR hasn't been locked for long enough if you guys still can't behave yourselves.

Sheesh. It's just a movie. If you hate it, don't watch it. Stop arguing.

I'm not sure. I know it was being discussed with spaff about how long to keep it closed to let things cool down. Double Fine is currently at the GDC, so that may have something to do with the lateness of it (although that's just speculation on my part though, so take it with a grain of salt).

Did they announce/ show off anything good at GDC?

I almost want to say that clearly EGR hasn't been locked for long enough if you guys still can't behave yourselves.

THIS!

Now I'm intrigued. What's EGR?
Everybody Get Random: it's one of the stickies in this section. The mods used to let people fight with the gloves off, tears and blood stained the very software of the forum.

Now I'm intrigued. What's EGR?
The Everybody Get Random thread. It was locked because an argument ensued about the new Ghostbusters trailer and the people involved wouldn't stop after multiple forum moderators issued warnings.

Hot started this thread to voice lingering feelings about having to watch what he says for fear of setting someone off, and the following conversation set someone off.

Look, if we're going to have civil discourse around here, let's try to nice, okay? Just because trolls, haters, misogynists, misandrists, et al., abound in this world, it doesn't mean the people here are. By the same token, we should be able to listen to each others frustrations and further our friendships with and our understanding of one another, without taking that person's frustrations as a personal attack against ourselves.

Hot started this thread to voice lingering feelings about having to watch what he says for fear of setting someone off, and the following conversation set someone off.

lmao hot has made approximately 394839 posts and threads about how he's basically tethered to this forum, so I don't think that's the case

But I also know because that is literally one post down and wasn't even written by hot

Also excuse you, but I think I have every right to be a little bit miffed when the guy who got banned for using a highly misogynistic slur at me tries to act like he has to watch what he says for any reason other than his own doing. Don't try and paint me as the unreasonable one here.

I thought we were in this thread to talk about hot's feelings and how he longs to twiddle our knobs.

Look, if we're going to have civil discourse around here, let's try to nice, okay? Just because trolls, haters, misogynists, misandrists, et al., abound in this world, it doesn't mean the people here are. By the same token, we should be able to listen to each others frustrations and further our friendships with and our understanding of one another, without taking that person's frustrations as a personal attack against ourselves.
This.

Things are in a very odd place right now, I get that. But Rule 1 of the Double Fine Guide to Decency is be nice for a reason. Because we want this to be a nice place to discuss things. Let's keep it that way.

And no unpleasant pictures, jokingly or not. That's a one-way ticket to the bad part of town, where men in flashy suits do unpleasant things to you with crowbars.

Double Fine has been demonstrating Day of the Tentacle and Headlander at their Day of the Devs lounge.

Beyond that, Sony's showing off PlayStation VR stuff today. I'm hoping that Psychonauts: Rhombus of Ruin is one of the games that they demonstrate. :)

Double Fine has been demonstrating Day of the Tentacle and Headlander at their Day of the Devs lounge.

Beyond that, Sony's showing off PlayStation VR stuff today. I'm hoping that Psychonauts: Rhombus of Ruin is one of the games that they demonstrate. :)

As am I, since VR interests me about as much as the offside rule*. Which is annoying, since it's a Psychonauts game. Bah.

*This analogy probably makes more sense if you know that I'm really not into sports.

As am I, since VR interests me about as much as the offside rule*. Which is annoying, since it's a Psychonauts game. Bah.

*This analogy probably makes more sense if you know that I'm really not into sports.

For those curious, they had a demo reel with Psychonauts: Rhombus of Ruin, but didn't show much. It was a thirteen minute presentation, but they mostly talked about when the PlayStation VR will be out, how much it will cost, and what it can do beyond games.

Apparently, the presentation itself didn't show much in the way of games, but they do have games that are playable after the presentation (which is over now, and people are playing the games now). Hopefully Psychonauts: Rhombus of Ruin is one of them, and someone gets some footage of it for the rest of the world to see. We'll find out soon, I hope. :)

And no unpleasant pictures, jokingly or not. That's a one-way ticket to the bad part of town, where men in flashy suits do unpleasant things to you with crowbars.

That doesn't seem very nice.

yeah, why can't they do pleasant things to us with crowbars?

I sure could go for a hot oil crowbar massage.

Well not like oil from hot, but you know. Oil of a warm temperature. The other thing would probably be less pleasant.

I'll be honest, the lack of that thread has made this place seem pretty boring to me. Random thoughts are all I have to share! I don't feel strongly enough about most topics to have a real opinion.

Bans arn't discussed here so no one knows who or why ppl get banned.

You can PM Spaff if you have any questions or feedback about moderation stuff. For those who feel that the moderation team is crazy out of control, that's the best way to make sure it gets heard too.

I'll be honest, the lack of that thread has made this place seem pretty boring to me. Random thoughts are all I have to share! I don't feel strongly enough about most topics to have a real opinion.

Freed from a monolithic catchall, you can now create new threads to explore those thoughts more deeply. Huzzah!

In the meantime, let's not further derail this thread with discussion of other threads closing or crowbars. Back to whatever it is that this thread is about.

Fhqwhgads, going from that screenshot, there were more than enough indicators to know where that mine was...

I sure could go for a hot oil crowbar massage.

Well not like oil from hot, but you know. Oil of a warm temperature. The other thing would probably be less pleasant.

hey, my bodily oils are very pleasant! how dare you!

I have created 1 thread in my entire forum existence(20 years? or so) and I'm currently riding a 8 year streak. These things just don't break.