Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Darkstorm

Maniac Mansion save slots

There doesn't seem to be any? I tried the old F5 command from the dosv2 version and it did nothing, and I couldn't see any other option to save.

Are there no save slots? Resume only is not a great way to introduce a new wave of people to Maniac Mansion, a game with numerous dead ends and player deaths.

Hey there.

That's correct in the case of Maniac Mansion in DOTT Remastered. There can only be one save slot. If a user is stuck they can pause and start a new game.

This makes the original Maniac virtually uncompletable for the newcomers...

Hey there.

That's correct in the case of Maniac Mansion in DOTT Remastered. There can only be one save slot. If a user is stuck they can pause and start a new game.

So this is unchangeable?

Can you expose the dos files in the installation folder instead then so we can play it via ScummVM please? Maniac Mansion with only resume is not fun to play at all - that's worse then the C64 version by far.

This very well could be a technical limitation we can do nothing about and I'll check on that. Hoever, if you add this as a suggestion in support.doublefine.com and if it gets enough traction then perhaps we can change it, that is if it can be changed.

This very well could be a technical limitation we can do nothing about and I'll check on that. Hoever, if you add this as a suggestion in support.doublefine.com and if it gets enough traction then perhaps we can change it, that is if it can be changed.

I've added it here:

http://support.doublefine.com/forums/300498-day-of-the-tentacle-remastered/suggestions/13074210-maniac-mansion-save-slots

I hope something can be done about this.

Sperate save slots for MM would indeed be a good thing. Unlike in DotT you can get in a dead end in it.

Save slots would be nice, especially since they went to the trouble of adding menu system for the game within a game.

More concerning for me though is that resuming the game often seems to reset the progress back to the very first time you enter the mansion. Anyone else getting this? I'm on the OSX version.

Save slots would be nice, especially since they went to the trouble of adding menu system for the game within a game.

More concerning for me though is that resuming the game often seems to reset the progress back to the very first time you enter the mansion. Anyone else getting this? I'm on the OSX version.

Yes, I got this in Windows 8 all the time when I was still trying to find out if it had save slots. Resume does not work well.

I wanted to log in and also speak for this. This would be my number one change in an otherwise amazing remaster. I mean I still have Maniac Mansion on disk and I'm glad we got the "hi-res" version finally over the crappy blocky one included in the original. It would have been even cooler to include the NES version separately though, but that's crazy fan talk. :)

But yeah it's pretty hard to complete without multiple saves unless you know the game inside and out. I've beaten Maniac Mansion maybe 3-4 times but I have no idea what the hell I'm doing in the game. Forgot what to feed green tentacle when trying to get to microwave the hamster and got stuck 4 times, restarting each time.

Sign in to follow this