Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bluddy

Great Job Guys!

I had my doubts, but turns out they were all unfounded! You did a spectacular job on this one. Great graphics, *amazing* music fidelity, and having the recordings sound like they were made yesterday is just... man, so good. Best remaster I've played. Keep up the excellent work!

I started the game, and I was immediately very happy. :D

Then I pushed F1, and saw the resolution of the old game, how it actually looked, and I was also like:

raw

The old graphics of course have it's charm, but the remastered graphics are really awesome, and a very welcome upgrade.

I've been playing it all evening. I took my sweet time playing from beginning to end, trying to get as many of the achievements as possible but still missed a few! I've just looked through the concept art, and turned commentary on.

I really, really hope lots of people who have never played the original discover the game through this remaster and give it a go. Today really brought back memories of when I first played DOTT, why I loved it so much straight away, and why I still love it just as much now! There were some graphics in the game that I found especially impressive, and they did the music transitions really well (something I was... semi-skeptical about, you could say).

Loved getting the achievements. :) Thank you for rewarding me for attempting to eat the cat. And... doing some other stuff.

As I mentioned this morning in another thread, while playing through the remaster for my first time, I had a pen and notebook next to me and just wrote down my thoughts while playing it. I've seen people do things like that on the Telltale forums before (back in the day!) and kind of did it myself with Grim Fandango. I'll type it up at some point, which I guess is kind of like a "live review".

Great work, DF! I sort of had a rough day today so it was great knowing I was coming home to this; really cheered me up and I can't get enough of it. Thanks so much! <3

I started the game, and I was immediately very happy. :D

Then I pushed F1, and saw the resolution of the old game, how it actually looked, and I was also like:

raw

The old graphics of course have it's charm, but the remastered graphics are really awesome, and a very welcome upgrade.

I absolutely can't stand to dance, but I was dancing when I heard the music start.

It's an incredibly rare and profoundly awesome feeling!

There was so many ways this could have gone wrong, but thanfully it didn't. In many ways I think DotT places a benchmark for any future remasters in how they should be made. Not only is it a remaster in a true sense of the word that the audio and image quality have been greatly improved, it gives a benchmark for how much the players can effect on the amount of remastered features and how they can to mix them during playing the game.

I'd say this remaster made already a great classic even better.

I loved it. Thank you so much for all the work!

Can't wait for Full Throttle and maybe The Dig?!

I am playing it right now and loving it. Great job on what is one of the most significant games of my gaming life. I'm old'ish :) and played this first, when I was a kid and it's one of the most important games to me. Ever.

You did a great job with it. Congrats.

I thought this was great, I felt like it was exactly how I remembered the game but much clearer! Going to classic mode made me wonder why I imagined the game looking a lot better, but now it matches the box art. I see some reviews seem annoyed with the art still being flat and the backgrounds being vector art, but wasn't that the point? I like how it looks. Maybe some of the linework on the characters can get a little bit wobbly, but no biggie, it's overall very strong. Glad you guys didn't drop any frames on the smoother animation and looks awesome to see this stuff in HD. That redone intro kind of had my jaw open.

I was unsure if I should spend the money on a game I have finished repeatedly many years ago, but decided to just fork out the cash and get it, to support the remaster effort more than anything.

Glad I did though! The day it came out I came home from work and finished it in one sitting, and was grinning the entire time. Then the next day played it again with commentary on, which was really cool. Game looks great.

Now working on my lifelong struggle to complete Maniac Mansion.

Games like this are the reason I learned how to code.

I'm glad some new people will get a chance to experience it because of the re-master.

Just finished the game for the first time. I had tried DotT a couple of times before, but never got very far, as the old-school verb interface (grew up with the verb wheel) and low sound quality proved to be too much of a barrier for me. Many thanks for implementing the verb wheel option! This remaster defintely made me appreciate the game a lot. It's a very fun adventure game and the new graphics, audio and controls are awesome (+ it runs really well on Mac!). Having two 'new' Tim Schafer adventure games come out so soon after each other is a real luxury. I hope someone else at DF will take up the mantle now that Tim is busy with Psychonauts 2. They still have that awesome Reds engine lying around, doing nothing....

Sign in to follow this