Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
janfeld

GOG Galaxy Achievements

Dear Double Fine,

please -- for the love of hamsters and tentacles everywhere -- treat Steam, PlayStation and GOG users equally and implement achievements in the DRM-free version as well. It shouldn't be too complicated and I'm pretty sure a lot of GOG users would be grateful. Thanks. :-)

GOG achievements are always nice to have, but I nearly always launch GOG games via steam so I can have the steam overlay for chat etc so I never really see them myself :)

I'll choose a GOG copy over steam any day because I respect their commitment to DRM free distribution.

How do you launch GOG games via Steam?

I would also like to echo this request for GOG achievements.

Either way, I'm enjoying my first (re)playthrough. I do like achievements though.

How do you launch GOG games via Steam?

I would also like to echo this request for GOG achievements.

Either way, I'm enjoying my first (re)playthrough. I do like achievements though.

On Steam select "Games" menu and the last item should be "Add a non-Steam game to my Library" and it opens new window where you can select games and programs to be added to Steams library. This way you get the Steam overlay on non-Steam games and can open walkthrough guides from web etc. to the overlay to help you.

No, it's just a way to access Steam while in-game, like chat with friends and the community hub for the game you're playing, like forums and guides.

It would be nice to hear from the team whether they plan to add this or not.

I'd also be interested to know if there's some reason why GOG achievements are harder to implement.

No, it's just a way to access Steam while in-game, like chat with friends and the community hub for the game you're playing, like forums and guides.

Does the Steam Overlay also give you the integrated screen shot maker? That'd be amazing and awesome. I need to now test this.

Does the Steam Overlay also give you the integrated screen shot maker? That'd be amazing and awesome. I need to now test this.

I just tested this on a non-Steam game I have in my library, and I can confirm that it works. As expected, it's not associated with a Steam app Id though, but it's sorted under the name you gave it, so it's easy to find in the screenshot viewer.

I just tested it too flesk... I grabbed Samorost non Steam and now I have some awesome new Amanita wallpapers.

This is a wonderful thing to know because it seems it might even work movie files as well.

I just tested it too flesk... I grabbed Samorost non Steam and now I have some awesome new Amanita wallpapers.

This is a wonderful thing to know because it seems it might even work movie files as well.

Yep it's very handy, I mostly use it for chat and screenshots to use as windows wallpapers :)

If you mean to take screenshots of in-game videos then yep the steam overlay works.

Both VLC and MPC HC allow you to take a screenshot of video files, although I guess you could also add a media player exe as a 'non-steam game' link steam and use the overlay.

MPC HC: | File | Save Image

VLC: | Video | Take Snapsot

You could likely bind it to a key in the settings also.

It would be nice to hear from the team whether they plan to add this or not.

I'd also be interested to know if there's some reason why GOG achievements are harder to implement.

Someone already asked this over on the Technical Support page. The response?
DF Vic: Thanks for the suggestion! We’ll look into this for a future update.

So not a guarantee, but it's something they're looking at.

I don't think anyone even knew that GOG had achievements! if there's an issue for it on our support thing then we will look into it, if it's suuuuuper easy to implement then maybe we will but I feel like it's pretty unlikely, sorry!

Sign in to follow this