Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Frogacuda

What the hell is up with those fonts?

Ok, great job on the new release, congratulations, yadda yadda.

But seriously, those fonts. They're insanely bad. They look like they've been run through some vectorization program and just left untouched. They make absolutely no sense. Did no one think this mattered?

I see cool comic fonts with nice random sized characters only. Can you make a screenshot? I don't know what you mean...

I have no problem with the font myself. Though what irks me a bit is, that the subtitles don't run as fast as the speech does, so on some points the chacaters can begin a new line before the subtitles are changed.

The subtitle speed can be increased with + and -

(although right now you cannot increase again so please don't do that until a new patch is out)

the subtitle stuff is all based on old code, so is the same as the original.

Sad to hear you don't like the fonts, they were recreated to match the old ones.

Regarding fonts I only don't like that fact that the German verb bar in remastered mode is just using the generic font, not a hires version of the classic verb bar font.

Hmm that sounds like a bug to me, i mean i guess we did it for some reason, but its worth bugging us about it on support.doublefine.com ;)

I really like the new fonts :)

It's also more user friendly, it's all really well done..

Hmm that sounds like a bug to me, i mean i guess we did it for some reason, but its worth bugging us about it on support.doublefine.com ;)

I just realized that in the original German version the verbs are arranged differently from the English version (because of different word lengths and to make better use of the available space). I guess it wasn't possible to have them in different order for the different languages in the Remastered version.

I do find the fonts a little odd. It's probably coloured by me having the mac version back in the day, which had the pixel smoothed effect but I always assumed they were intended to be be quirky and rounded rather than the rigid, slightly robotic look they have now. It seemed more in keeping with the tone of the game. Oh well.

Is it the sharper angled edges on the new fonts? That's not how I imagined them but I thought they were cool. Was wondering if I could download the new ones honestly, could probably make good use of them.

Did want to be able to speed up the text though, because I play with voices and text and it was making some parts wait for the text to finish like the evil green talking to Purple in the future.

Sign in to follow this