Sign in to follow this  
EMarley

Fem Freq to livestream end of campaign from DF

http://www.polygon.com/2016/4/4/11363238/feminist-frequency-double-fine-livestream-ordinary-women

Feminist Frequency's crowdfunding campaign for a series about famous historical women Ordinary Women: Daring to Defy History is ending on Thursday 7th April, and they'll have a 6 hour livestream leading to it from 6am to 12pm PT from Double Fine Studios, and will include Lets Plays and guests from DF.

Whoops, I meant 7th April ie tomorrow, sorry for any confusion.

Great to see it's so close to reaching its target. :)

I'm not familiar with the site, but looking at the FAQ, I see that campaigns are successful when they reach 80% of the goal. I don't understand how the incentives work though. If an incentive isn't fulfilled, but the campaign is successful, are pledges for that collected, and if so, should the funds go towards that incentive or one of the others that were fulfilled?

Bravo for Double Fine for continuing to support women in games and for doubling down on their support even when nasty people have been terrible to them for doing it in the past. Truly standing up for women means standing up for women even when nasty people try their best to make it difficult.

applausedaft-punkgrammys-2014.gif

The campaign has surpassed 100% and the livestream is live at the femfreq twitch channel. Hey, look, they're streaming VR! I wonder if we'll see more of that in future DF streams. You can tweet questions at using the #FemfreqLive hashtag.

I'm at work, so I can't join in the fun, but I am there in spirit!

Weeeelll, I've been there, I've witnessed the chat. THE CHAT. Forced my eyes open with industrial strength glue. Those despicable people.

Aaaand again, I'm so ashamed of gamer culture that I want to hide in the closet bawling until all that glue is washed off.

Well, the goal's reached, so that is that. :|

Yeah, I had to close the chat pretty quickly. :/

I'm also proud of Double Fine for standing up for what's right, in spite of those vocal, nasty people.

I am not surprised to hear that the scum of the earth showed up, but I'm glad I didn't have to endure them.

As I was saying in my previous post: Bravo to Double Fine for continuing to stand up for women, and for doubling down on standing up for women, even despite knowing that the scum of the earth will always show up and try to "punish" them for it.