Michael Tucker

Full Throttle Remastered Wish List Features

It was the same way with Grim and DOTT. Since DF was working with Sony, they were first released exclusively on PS and then PC followed later. That's no doubt what will happen here as well.

No PC and PS4 came out the same day.

The main thing I hope from a remaster is that the game will include more content and be longer.

When I was a kid I played adventure games with my brother. We used to spend weeks or even month playing them sometimes getting stuck for quite a long time on puzzles.

I played Full Throttle alone (my brother was away) and I was utterly shocked when I finished the entire thing in under 6 hours. I was like ... where is the rest of the game ??! That is my primary memory of this game and I always feel nostalgic but sad when thinking about it because it's a really fun game with a good story and great characters.

.. so if there is any way to bring in additional puzzles and content that would be the best.

P.S. Keep the wonderful soundtrack :)

I fear that Full Throttle won't bring Double Fine as much acclaim as DOTT or Grim. First, it'll be really hard to remaster the graphics in a way that's faithful to all the different elements (2d scenes, videos, 3d models, video backgrounds). Whatever decisions they make will be controversial and turn off some people. Second, the game just isn't that great. The atmosphere is awesome, as is the lore, but the game itself is... meh. Too short, and too empty of characters (except the fights, which lack personality). Unless you make an additional mode where you lengthen the game and flesh it out, I just don't see it being worth the effort. Sorry for the negativity btw.

I'm hoping the remastered version will be as faithful to the original as can be.

Hopefully you'll keep the tradition of being able to play the remastered version as well switching to the original game engine too.

If you can get hold of the original audio and remaster it that would be perfect. I'm in with keeping Roy Conrad as the voice of Ben, regardless of whether you can get hold of the originals or not.

Extra content will always be good. Now Tim has the rights back in his hands, not only do I hope that he can give this a shine, I hope he gets the chance to release the game he originally envisioned.

I've also seen people talk about making certain sections easier, I hope this is something that will at least be optional if it is implemented.

I've also seen people talk about making certain sections easier, I hope this is something that will at least be optional if it is implemented.

Not necessarily "easier", just less completely annoying :) I think everyone would be happy if they were challenging, but... fun!

At the top of my wishlist is that they keep doing remasters, even for Lucasarts adventure games that Tim didn't work on.

At the top of my wishlist is that they keep doing remasters, even for Lucasarts adventure games that Tim didn't work on.

I would love a CMI one!

Seems like we're getting close the beta stage... Is there a chance of including hardcore Lucas Fans in the process?

3 hours ago, ThunderPeel said:

Seems like we're getting close the beta stage... Is there a chance of including hardcore Lucas Fans in the process?

I'd love to be a part of this if it happens. Hopefully we'll get some news about the game soon, I'm itching for some screenshots :D

21 hours ago, ThunderPeel said:

How kind of you to suggest me, TP!

Edited by TimeGentleman

Oh, I rewatch the play throughs, none of the headlights are on. How on earth are they driving.. Please implement headlights on those vehicles

The cop airship thingies have their lights on! I guess Ben is trying to avoid getting spotted...

Any chance for including the localized titles?

vollgas-008.gif

vollgas.jpg

Edited by Laserschwert

Please do NOT update Ben's run animation. I crack up every time he runs around because it looks so unnatural for him. Love it! 

Aside from that, the mine road timing and controls were both kind of rough, and the demolition derby car felt really sluggish. 

Pumped for you guys to show this thing off! Loved Full Throttle so much :D

I'm a little late to the party, but I would dearly love a commentary browser added to the special features menu to allow re-playing of previously discovered commentary segments and to give some indication of any that might have been missed exist at all (this has been awkward for me mostly in Grim, but also in DotT's remaster).

On 02/12/2016 at 9:13 PM, Cheeseness said:

I'm a little late to the party, but I would dearly love a commentary browser added to the special features menu to allow re-playing of previously discovered commentary segments and to give some indication of any that might have been missed exist at all (this has been awkward for me mostly in Grim, but also in DotT's remaster).

Plus 1 for that!!

I'm crossing my fingers for a ton of concept art and a menu similar to that of Day of the Tentacle Remastered. I would love to see art for anything and everything they have, even if it only made the cutting room floor.

Additionally, a jukebox would be pretty sweet, though if I'm being honest I would rather have a FLAC version of the soundtrack. I'm crossing my fingers that there will eventually be an official release of all the remastered soundtracks.

Oh yeah, speaking of the concept art browser. I'd love it if DF would implement a zoom function this time around, thus not limiting the artwork resolution to 1080p, like with DOTT. The Monkey Island SEs had their concept art at crazy high resolution, plus the ability to zoom into them inside the artwork browser.

Since the remaster is already quite far in process and literally a few months away from release, my wishes at this point is that DF has an awesome desktop wallpaper for PC in production like with GF and DoTT. I really loved the DoTT mobile wallpapers also. Still use all of those in my devices.

How was it by the way, I hope Full Throttle was coming also to PS Vita and not just PS4 and PC? As a Vita and PC owner I demand to have the option to buy the game twice to support DF and Tim like I did with GF and DoTT. :)

Also, dear DF and Tim, is there any chance you guys had the rights to make a Corley Motors official t-shirt? I have one old original, but would love have an official new one. ;)

Edited by Kolzig

A Corley Motors t-shirt would have been great (just like art deco postcards/posters for Grim Fandango would have been amazing). I hope something like that could happen!

I'm just afraid that all physical stuff is no go, since I remember reading something that DF only has the digital rights for these remastered Lucasarts games?

Actually, the only Full Throttle gear that I'm missing at this point is most likely the bandana from the double sized big box edition of the game. Now there's another physical item that would be amazing to get reproduced.

Tim's Full Throttle jacket is a completely another story also. It was always such a shame that I think the old Lucasarts store only allowed shipping inside USA? There were so many amazing things there in the 90's that I would've loved to buy (with my dad's credit card).

I would love to see options to play the game with shaders for film grain, dust and scratches, maybe even very subtle lens distortion or vignette effect... Something that looks like a film from the 70s. The high res graphics in the trailer look very clean (still looks awesome though), while the lower res original had a more crunchy, dirty look because of the pixelation. I saw some discussion about this in youtube comments and couldn't help but agree. I think some post processing could really get some extra character and grit into it and enhance the atmosphere. Maybe a few options so we can play the game with subtle or heavy effects depending on preference. An option for custom\user shaders would be absolutely amazing as well.

Edited by edit

Nice idea! An optional "dirt/grunge" filter would be cool!

Edited by ThunderPeel

It would be desirable localization on the Russian and Polish languages