Sign in to follow this  
Chyron

What TV Show(s) Are You Currently Watching?

Watching The Office for the first time (US). It's been just a few days and I'm already halfway through season 3. Also watching Rebels and waiting for Walking Dead to start back up. Did a small stint with Fresh Prince recently too.

Into The Badlands, - Just got onto the second season and I'm really enjoying it. It's an AMC show, set in post-apocalyptic America where they've reverted to a variation on late 19th century society, but with more martial arts. It looks great, the acting's all strong and the fight scenes are absolutely fantastic, probably the best of their kind I've ever seen on a tv show. 

Ash Vs Evil Dead - Overall, I wasn't a fan. It occasionally had some stand-out great sequences, but I didn't like the sub-Supernatural lore-ification, I didn't like what they did with Ash (for some reason he's a racist lech now), I didn't really like any of the supporting characters and it overall just felt quite repetitive and unimaginative. I would have much preferred them to cobble together a few million and make a low-budget Evil Dead 4 that followed up on the original ending to AoD (or that did that alternate universe thing they were planning at one stage which made both endings canon).

Terrace House - a reality tv show that avoids all the gross elements of that genre and instead provides a really chill, interesting look at modern Japanese social culture. Takes a while to get into, but once you know the housemates and the commentators, it's engrossing.

Steven univers

just got done watching the new arc, it was carzy

I'm around 8 episodes into Steven Universe and finding it to be a little grating and childish (where shows like Adventure Time or Powerpuff Girls aren't). I'm told that it starts getting good around 20 episodes in, so as they're only 10 mins each and I hear adults rave about it, I'm going to keep going with it.

On 1/28/2017 at 10:50 PM, Double H said:

Any of you watch Bojack Horseman? It's pretty good.

Season 5 has come out and I'm still very much enjoying this show. Great mix of goofy visual gags, dark humour and pathos.

Better Call Saul continues to be a surprisingly good prequel spin-off show.

I gave up on Steven Universe - I only had access to the first 30 episodes and apparently it takes until around ep 50 (!) to properly get good.

Better Call Saul is one of my favorite series right now. I've been watching an episode a week with my wife, and we're almost caught up on the last season.

What I like a lot about it, and Breaking Bad before it, is that they're in no hurry to get to "the good parts", but rather spend a lot of time on building believable character arcs. 

Breaking Bad is my all time favorite! no matter, how hard is college, I need to watch it!