Sign in to follow this  
Reid_Harris_Cooper

Backers at Physical Levels! Please Check Your Email!

I received the e-mail but hit return by accident while filling out the form so they haven't got my address. I replied to the e-mail but I don't know if anyone will see it. Can anyone help?

Your confirmation email from Fangamer should have a link to an address change form. If you didn't get the email, you should probably email Fangamer directly.

You are correct, I did receive a confirmation e-mail with the link and they replied to my request for assistance, so all is now good.

Hi !

I Also got only the selection for DVD and Blu-Ray. Does that mean that the game and the documentary will be on a single Blu-Ray? I'd love to have the documentary on Blu-Ray but don't have one on my PC for the game...

I believe the DVD/Blu-ray choice is in regards to the documentary format, not the game. I imagine the game will be on a DVD or a USB flash drive.

I would also like to know this. Can we get an official clarification? Thanks.

It's definitely the documentary format. There's a whole thread about its production and it was mentioned in the original Kickstarter.

Plus the game DVD itself is already in shops, it's only the box that's unique to backers (unless there's some nice new extras we don't know about). There's zero reason to think the game would come delivered on a Bluray: It fits on a DVD and every Bluray player can play DVDs - it would be a completely unnecessary expense.

It was indeed confirmed long ago. I actually asked a couple years back if we could get both DVD and BluRay of the documentary and he said we'd have to choose. I don't know of any PC games that have been released on Blu-Ray format.

I assume we'll get an e-mail went the goods are shipped, yes?

Still no email. This project is such an... 4 years!

It's pretty typical for Kickstarters. I backed another adventure game around the same time, and I'm still waiting for the game itself(!).

Edit: Just looking at my Kickstarter history, there's actually THREE projects that I backed around that time that still haven't given gotten the basic thing I pledged for: Spacequest Adventure Game, David Lynch Documentary, and John "Ren & Stimpy" K's Cartoon. Four years later and I haven't gotten any of them.

There's also two projects from 2013 I'm still waiting on: Torment: Tides of Numeria (from the team behind Planescape: Torment) and Soundself (from Robin Arnott).

At least we actually got to play Broken Age, and the final shipment is just around the corner.

...I pledged for: Spacequest Adventure Game,...

That's "Spaceventure." Which, btw, has a release date for this November.

It's pretty typical for Kickstarters. I backed another adventure game around the same time, and I'm still waiting for the game itself(!).

Edit: Just looking at my Kickstarter history, there's actually THREE projects that I backed around that time that still haven't given gotten the basic thing I pledged for: Spacequest Adventure Game, David Lynch Documentary, and John "Ren & Stimpy" K's Cartoon. Four years later and I haven't gotten any of them.

There's also two projects from 2013 I'm still waiting on: Torment: Tides of Numeria (from the team behind Planescape: Torment) and Soundself (from Robin Arnott).

At least we actually got to play Broken Age, and the final shipment is just around the corner.

The success of a given crowdfunding campaign depends on a LOT of factors. In my experience, generally hardware campaigns (UDOO, Parallella) ship closest to their projected ship dates (Though everything has an exception--I'm looking at you, Virtuix Omni), while creative ventures (games, music, film) are all over the place.

Lazer Team shipped on-time, Broken Age shipped late (Within reason), A Hat in Time seems to be running long (They have excellent communication!), Unsung Story has been delayed by years (Really should've been canceled/refunded), and there appears to be no intention to finish or ship Against the Wall. Mileage will vary.

Yes, I'm a Kickstarter veteran now. I'm very much used to it!

Hi there.

I´m a backer and I have not received the link. I have written several times to Fangamer and DoubleFine, and I have not received an answer or a solution. I'm a little bit frustrated, after 4 years of waiting...

I do not check these forums as often as I used to (lets be honest, this was a much more exciting place when the game was still being worked on.) However does anyone have any estimate as to how long it may take before the physical rewards start being sent out?

I figure that since this final survey was asking about whether we want DVD or Bluray for the Documentary that they must just now be printing out those discs. If anyone has seen any sort of estimate about when we should expect them though I would greatly appreciate having some sort of date in mind for when I should start expecting to see it in the mail.

I do not check these forums as often as I used to (lets be honest, this was a much more exciting place when the game was still being worked on.) However does anyone have any estimate as to how long it may take before the physical rewards start being sent out?

I figure that since this final survey was asking about whether we want DVD or Bluray for the Documentary that they must just now be printing out those discs. If anyone has seen any sort of estimate about when we should expect them though I would greatly appreciate having some sort of date in mind for when I should start expecting to see it in the mail.

Printing of the disks hasn't yet begun, they're still being finalised. Between printing boxes and the disks it could be a couple of months wait still, but I don't know an exact date.

Printing of the disks hasn't yet begun, they're still being finalised. Between printing boxes and the disks it could be a couple of months wait still, but I don't know an exact date.

This makes sense; I expect they need to figure out how many DVDs and Blu-rays they need to print before they start ordering them.

Don´t recived the email too. But im happy to was here so i know it will be happen soon

I've been sticking to the blu-ray production thread but i'll try to keep an eye on this one too. Some answers to the general questions-

Fangamer sent out an email survey about addresses and Blu-ray or DVD preference for the series. It was called

ACTION REQUIRED: Double Fine Adventure Final Rewards Survey

and it came from orders@fangamer.com

It was sent to the email I backed the Kickstarter with. I received mine on May 4th.

Last I heard from the backer polls we had a 6 to 1 preference of Blu-ray over DVD. If you don't specify on your survey which version you want, you're going to get a blu-ray.

The game disc coming in the set will be a data DVD.

Why is everything taking so long?

It's a big project and we're a small team. There are thousands of bugs and days worth of footage to check. The process of finishing the series introduced new bugs in addition to ones we already knew about and wanted to fix. Authoring the blu-rays was a pain, but thankfully that's in a better place now. We're in the process of fixing bugs and populating the discs with content.

Each blu-ray is a 50gb dual-layer disc, and they are packed to the brim. The series itself is 12 hours, and now with 2 commentary tracks it's 36 hours total. There are hours or additional special features per disc. Thousands of subtitle files. Hundreds of menu navigation commands.

Everything has to be adjusted, checked, rendered, checked again, converted to disc format, burnt to a disc, and checked again. Even if we didn't have to go back and fix anything from finding render glitches that's over 100 man hours of just watch time alone.

You can follow along with the latest progress in the blu-ray thread-

http://www.doublefine.com/forums/viewthread/17348/

I'll look in to why people may not have received emails from Fangamer. The most common problems are spam filters and emails getting sent to an address people forgot about or don't check very often anymore.

I got the email I think in May, but things change and now I am moving. Where can I send my new address info?

Edit: Nevermind, I found the email. I thought I had deleted it.

Still havent received an email. hopefully it will happen soon.
I haven't received an email either. Hopefully soon!

If you haven't received the e-mail yet, send an e-mail to orders@fangamer.com - they should be able to sort things out for you.

Likewise, if you have to change information about your address, e-mail, etc. since you filled out the form, Fangamer should be able to sort that out too. :)