Sign in to follow this  
Spaff

1.04 patch notes

The trouble is that there will always be something that is not quite right, not perfect enough and a project reaches a point of diminishing returns which is quite important for a small studio like Double Fine who have to keep making new things in order to stay in business.

Exactly.

And just think; it's not the Monkey Island Special Editions we're talking about here.

The trouble is that there will always be something that is not quite right, not perfect enough and a project reaches a point of diminishing returns which is quite important for a small studio like Double Fine who have to keep making new things in order to stay in business.

This is exactly right. Hopefully with our most recent patch it is clear that we care a lot about the feedback. If we had endless money, we would work on this until it was absolutely perfect. Unfortunately, that just isn't always realistic when we also have to be mindful of our budgets in order to keep making more games. The team worked really hard to make sure every penny of the budget and every second of the schedule was spent on making the best game possible.

WOAH HANG ON A SECOND!

I just replayed that Weird Ed scene to check something... and the music appears to have been fixed! O_O

Has there been another patch after this one!?!?

WOAH HANG ON A SECOND!

I just replayed that Weird Ed scene to check something... and the music appears to have been fixed! O_O

Merry Christmas, ShyGuy. We were listening. :)

AAAAWWWW YOU GUYS! :DDDD

I LOVE YOU SO MUCH! YES! THANK YOU!

You've done god's work! <3

I'll stop nitpicking now. >w<

Double Fine should get the community to patch the game, a lot of these guys commenting are super talented veterans, ThunderPeel, Laserschwert, it's been a LONG time since I've seen these names. Fact is we want these games to be the best they can be and we would fix these things ourselves for free if we could <3 mixnmojo

Edit: Or nevermind, you just patched it anyway WHEW ;D

the nitpicking from you and everyone else is what lets us know where we can improve. If you guys didn't bring these things up, none of it would have been addressed. I have gotten better at not taking it personally. I just know it is just because you guys care a lot and want it done correctly.

the nitpicking from you and everyone else is what lets us know where we can improve. If you guys didn't bring these things up, none of it would have been addressed. I have gotten better at not taking it personally. I just know it is just because you guys care a lot and want it done correctly.

Yes, that is it! Nothing personal, we are your bug testers and we LOVE these games :)

Yeah, if there's one thing I hope y'all can take away from this then it's that.

I don't want anyone to feel like I'm just nagging about this game like everything is "not good enough". That's not at all what I wanna get across. You've all done an AMAZING job with this remaster!

Every further criticism is just so it can be even better.

And I'm truly grateful for every patch you've already made. The Maniac Mansion save slots are great! The fixed music loops really paid off! And now these! You're already miles ahead of the people who made the Monkey Island Special Editions in my book.

I mean those looked pretty and all but they didn't have the eye for detail at all.

To this day they're still full of bugs and goofs and wrong timing and.... I could rant about it for hours. :P

I'm also glad you want to preserve the original game's style and personality, rather than painting it over (like the Monkey Island SEs)

So yeah, good job! Awesome job! I hope Full Throttle remastered will get the same treatment. ^^

Although I haven't played that one as obsessively as DotT so I probably won't be able to give as much nitpicky feedback as with DotT. XP

Hey, ShyGuy, they've finished up Bernard's Schtick for you, too! That's amazing!

I'm gonna have to do a new OST video now. Goddamnit!

Hey, ShyGuy, they've finished up Bernard's Schtick for you, too! That's amazing!

I'm gonna have to do a new OST video now. Goddamnit!

Yeah, I was really happy about that. :D

But it's not just for me! It's for everyone who will play this game from now on! :D

(You should also include the new and complete Weird Ed cutscene music. :3)

WOAH HANG ON A SECOND!

Merry Christmas, ShyGuy. We were listening. :)

This is better than It's A Wonderful Life.

I'm SO glad you understand it's not personal. It really isn't (I don't know anything about you!). I completely understand the realities and pressures on DF (I think most of us do), but my love for these games is LOVE. And love isn't diminished by budgets or time constraints :)

As Ed Catmull puts it: You're a doctor. Your project is your patient. Any criticism/ideas/requests from us is the voice of fellow doctors trying to make your patient better. You have decide what to listen to and what to ignore. It's not personal at all.

You've got to make a judgement call and accept that not everyone is going to be 100% happy. There's nothing you can do about that.

And it's always worth remembering the alternative: Working on something that nobody feels strongly enough to post about... which is the experience for 99.999% of people out there.

I've just starting playing the Remastered version on Linux, so I'm a little late to the party.

After switching the cigar lighter, the salesman should say "I don't get it!" before Bernard takes the cigar out of his mouth. But not in the Remastered version.

Also, I've noticed some speech lines are in a different order from the original. Such as:

Sure, lay one of those Havanan babies on me.

Sorry, my mom told me never to smoke.

That's maybe too pedantic though. Or is it?

I have the option to have commentary when I start a new game, but I can't turn it on or off by pressing A.

And a couple of gripes:

1. Why is the display in a slight letter-boxed look? (Black bars top & bottom)

2. The inventory tab in the bottom-left appears too easily. As Hoagie, to walk to the path brings the mouse cursor close enough to invoke the tab.

3. I can't re-define the controls

4. I'd rather not be asked about commentary at the start of the game. Just let me turn it on/off during play.

Will there be need to update the Mac version like the "64-bit iOS" announcement (and the other games too) to 64-bit? On macOS 10.15 in about two years 32-bit app support will be dropped. I notice on Mac App Store that the Core Duo processor is the minimum requirement so I assume it's 32-bit, might not be possible to maintain unless in two separate apps.