Domo209

Brutal legend Total War (brutal legend mods)

Sup everyone, coming back from the dead to post some stuff ive been working on, ive altered the game a bit to allow 999 vs 999 load in offline play only, my laptop isnt beefy enough to record it( i was getting 5 fps near these giant battles)

Pic related, 262 Drowning Doom vs 120 Tainted Coil

Single player flying

Tell me the resolution on these things since this off of my phone

20160519185814_1.jpg

20160519190457_1.jpg

20160519185814_1.jpg.45863c281b7643b5464

20160519190457_1.jpg.64deddf58fd4428350c

So for some reason I can't acess my Domo209 account(So I made this)

Before I get started, I want to say is that I'm not modding the game to be some cheat, but rather to regain interest in the series/IP due to a similar nature of Long War and XCOM EW
Hopefully my previous account was hacked rather than shadow banned, but who cares, so Tim and friends see this please don't ban me, I'm trying to craft a game in a game here

Now, sorry for the late reply people, I've had alot of life stuff going on so I couldn't get on this anywways

I didn't use a trainer and simply altering the game files as I can, if you have the PC game you can go into the folders and find a thing called Budda
This is the game's core(similar to XCOMgamecore.ini if anyone plays xcom/modded it) and thus it functions as to what can be used, not everything can be used/work or simply crashes the game so copy the files and put them in a folder somewhere, then experiment to see what works, if it fails just copy paste it back and everything will work fine

But to answer some questions

Flying in singleplayer is a binary equse switch, it functions very similar to mutiplayer albiet a few differences

1. Flight speed is dependant on your progress in gaining tributes and stuff, I.E the flight upgrades

2.It is a bit buggy, as not only can you skip into the further parts of the game you can also go BACKWARDS into places you normally can't go anymore(skull pile anyone?)
Also there exists islands that are completely explorable though it doesn't have any AI pathing nor anything on them, still fun to see it(I haven't explored them all)

Texture mods

1. Yes, but currently I can't open .gfx files yet(I'ma look for a program to do so) but once I do texture mods should be completely feasable, hell I might even be able to get a mode so you can change the costumes(remember the alt styles in MP? boom they are now costumes in singleplayer for example)

Sound/music
1. I should be able to add more music into the game files, though don't quote me on that as I've getting back into modding this(I've had alot of shit happen lately but its back on the board) but I'd love to get a large list of metal music that would fit the game, ideally power metal,thrash,etc because this goes into my next point...

Hidden/Strange/Unused stuff

There are game files/folders for alot of unused but cool stuff
We all knew Lionwhyte was a faction(unplayable) but the game calls for 2 unused factions, if I can get the game to "see" these factions I could argubly implement them, Now thats a stretch but I'm willing to experiment

TL;DR this game has alot of potential

Factions.png

On 7/6/2016 at 7:03 PM, dudy35 said:

When will these mods be published?

I'm putting it into my Dropbox and will keep updating them/adding more stuff into it as time goes on,
Link

Find your game(in steam, or wherever it is) and find config and then find Budda, back up this file(if you haven't already, put it in its own folder on the desktop if you want/anywhere you will remember) and then copy paste this into it, it will ask if it will replace it then say yes

Boot game, and you will now be able to fly in singleplayer, have 99 load(If I recall, I might have put it at 800 load and the game's UI simply can't handle it) and a few other cool stuff if I recall

I deeply encourage that everyone take a wack at it, at worst you make a crash and just have to put your vanilla(unaltered) version of this file back in
best case you might add a gameplay feature, post results!

2 hours ago, Domo Von Imperium said:

So for some reason I can't acess my Domo209 account(So I made this)

Did you try to reset your password after the forum upgrade? 

29 minutes ago, flesk said:

Did you try to reset your password after the forum upgrade? 

My account was hacked(my email) during the breach of nexus mod manager a year or so ago

I've found a work around but I'm unsure when it will deliver, regardless this is seemingly to function, and I can upload my work and answer any questions/problems within the community

9 hours ago, B Dawg said:

This is my playlist for the Tainted Coil, in case you ever figure out how to add music:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYmVHDrBrCUbYCxdci4DU0dvoZ03MEHP1

Oh and man, wish I knew about BuddhaDefault file earlier, I can finally use PS3 controller icons!

BuddaDefault is just the start of it all

there is .gfx files and stuff but everytime I convert to .swf and try to open it, my program crashes(might be too big?)

I've found alot of weird but cool stuff in there(like an Ipad control scheme)

To me, a custom multiplayer AI would be exciting. It can certainly be made much challenging if such altering of the game is even possible.

Edited by dudy35

If custom AI isn't possible (it most likely isn't), at least being able to go 1v4 AIs would be nice.

Edited by B Dawg

Or to let 'em cheat by having extra fans, and exceeding the limit count on their units.

On 9/17/2017 at 7:43 AM, B Dawg said:

Instead of creating a new thread, I thought I'd just revive this instead: Patrick Mollohan found a tool that lets you properly mess with the game's files without any limitations (except maybe trying to make the packages bigger than they already are), so I wrote a quick guide on Steam:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1135737120

Highly recommend that guide and the previous one to learn the basics for modding the game!
To elaborate on the file size, when changing the number of bytes of the files, (to my knowledge) the header (.~h) needs to be recalculated so the game knows how to find the files in the package (.~p). So far, making files smaller doesn't seem to cause issues (but not ruling it out just yet); unfortunately, the same cannot be said of making files bigger.
For this example, use Double Fine Tool to extract the "Man_Trivial.~h/.~p" files. In the folder it creates, will be the file ".\gameplay\difficulty.DifficultySet". I can add up to 9 bytes to it with no crashing, but 10 bytes causes the game to completely lock up. This is because for some reason, the offset for the file data is recalculated for up to 9 bytes, but not for 10 or more bytes. For other files in the extracted folder, the limit is different (i.e. ".\gameplay\levels\level.LevelList" has a limit of somewhere between 4 and 8 additional bytes, but I haven't had the time to get a specific value for that file yet). On the plus side, it doesn't seem like adding bytes to multiple files affects anything, as long as you don't add more than the limit of each individual file. This is all from a couple days of testing, so this information may change in the future.
I mention all of this because I'm hoping Double Fine Tool can be fixed to allow for infinitely many bytes to be added. I've attempted finding the author of the tool, but the only lead I have is to a Japanese blog where the tool was used to create Japanese translations of some Double Fine games. There is no working comment system, no contact page or information, no email address in any of the readme files for any other tools the author created, seemingly no way of communicating with the author other than desecrating a Google Sheets document containing translations for a different game (which would probably upset the individual). If anyone has a way to contact the author, please let me know. Due to having no way of contacting the author, I have decompiled the tool and will be uploading it to Github for anyone that wants to take a stab at removing this limitation. I do not claim the tool as my own, but this appears to be the only working tool that can unpack and repack Brutal Legend .~h/.~p files for editing and thus the best chance we have at modding the behaviour of the game unless the awesome talent at Double Fine would be willing to set us up with a more official tool (nudge, nudge, wink, wink Double Fine?).
Rock out 'til you drop out!  \m/

alright now i know im EXTREMELY late to the party here, but, after i dug around the files for a bit, the extra 2 factions that were found in the files just turned out to be the Creatures, and Lionwhyte

FactionA is Ironheade

FactionB is Drowning Doom

FactionD is Tainted Coil

FactionL is Lionwhyte's

And the last one is the Animals 

before anyone asks HOW i figured this out, heres audio packages in the /win directory, factionL has Lionwhytes sounds, and factionN has the animal footsteps,roars, ETC

Could you try and find the piece of game code that decides which faction color is picked for a multiplayer battle with another faction. To explain:

All three factions have 2 different color sets (3 if you count Campaign I guess but they're not important), one labeled as _pri (Primary), and the other as _alt (Secondary/Alternate). For IronheadE primary is Red, alternate is Blue, for Drowning Doom primary is Blue, alternate is Yellow, and for The Tainted Coil, primary is Pink, alternate is Green.

Normally, in non-mirror matches, the primary color set is always used for both factions, with the only exception being an IronheadE vs Tainted Coil match, in which case The Tainted Coil is given the alternate color scheme (Green). I want to use the Tainted Coil's primary color set (which I recolored to be just like Campaign Coil because Pink is awful) in a battle against IronheadE. I've looked for this before myself but couldn't find anything even remotely referencing this. Plus, it would be nice to be able to play as Blue IronheadE or Yellow Doom as well in AI Practice without having to do outfit and or material switches for every unit/building/etc...

In the beta, in an IronheadE vs Tainted Coil match, Tainted Coil did use it's primary color set, so there must be some sort of switch/option for this type of thing.

Edited by B Dawg

I'll look around and see what i can find, i've found a SHITLOAD of scrapped concent, models, and even some concept art from some devs tumblr, some of those concepts being a Shark, 20742ad751a37e5f293c4ab9a4268b5d.jpg

and the Early Ormagodden 588fa799279b6e107b9789df557b7465.jpg

Alright, after loads and LOADS of digging, i found a scrapped faction.

''FactionC'', The Road Demons 

razmig-mavlian-groupc-shot.jpg?146218101

Yeah, those were already known about (but I've never seen that artwork). The actual faction name is Motorfreaks afaik. They look the most badass of all the factions, it's a shame they had to be cut. They would have been nice at least for a Multiplayer update.

Edited by B Dawg

Once again, did alot of digging through the files. im guessing someones posted these before, but here we go

Old version of the map - m1SDpHN.jpg

This one was just named ''LoadingTexture'' 3e8c97d89bb08fd53ec7869fca3a5290.png

Then theres these 2 images, which im pretty sure ALOT of people have seen, very early in the game im guessing, eddie seems to have had no guitar AND ophelia was with him when the drowning doom was around, including the drowning doom being in the Western Continent.

db5e126ea0332f829c1f8075a2395510.jpg

c55ef7909269c29179bd177b340cb8c9.jpg

4549df185a8d173f18826d1bc1c197bf.jpg

whew LAD even more things found.

The game was originally gonna have XBOX Avatar unlocks

546cf94d5bfcd3580d3906b421ed68b7.png

Honestly, if I could mod the game I would bump up the size of enemy attack forces in the campaign battles. Felt the game was too easy as long as you knew where to turtle up on the map and were willing to spend time building up your forces.

On 27. 05. 2018. at 1:51 PM, McTague97 said:

Honestly, if I could mod the game I would bump up the size of enemy attack forces in the campaign battles. Felt the game was too easy as long as you knew where to turtle up on the map and were willing to spend time building up your forces.

That could be done, might do it one day.