• Announcements

• Spaff

These Forums are closing!   10/04/2019

After more than a decade of serving this community well, these forums have finally run their course and it's time to close them down. That doesn't mean we want to close the doors on our community, quite the opposite!
      Our discord server grows ever busier by the day, and we encourage all Double Fine fans to meet us over there www.discord.gg/doublefine In a short time these forums will become a read only archive and will remain that way until they become needed again.
      You never know, it might happen.  There is... a prophecy. Thank you all for being part of these forums, and remember that the fun is definitely not over - so please join us on Discord! Love ya, Spaff, Tim, Info Cow, and all of Double Fine.
Domo209

Brutal legend Total War (brutal legend mods)

I am very much sure that it would be a great idea to run by Wemod.

These guys make the best mods and am waiting for them to release a trainer for Brutal Legend too.

Hope they will work on one soon.

If they haven't made a single mod since the game has come out, I doubt they would start now. Although, the modding tools have remained under the radar for quite a long time, I still doubt they will because it's an old game not many people care about at this point. I mean, I've done a lot of Multiplayer videos over the last 2 years, and made a few mods, but I doubt even as many as 10 people actually used any of them (not counting friends)

Also, there already is a trainer for Brutal Legend, I use it for quicker testing.

https://mrantifun.net/index.php?threads/brutal-legend-trainer.133/

Edited by B Dawg

19 minutes ago, Lionwhyte said:

Here's a mod I've been working on, it makes the Hair Metal Militia a playable faction:

https://www.moddb.com/mods/hair-metal-militia/downloads/hair-metal-militia

Wow. very impressive. You even retextured (or edited the materials of) units that didn't have Lyonwhite counterparts (in which case, I would have just used the Alternate colors of Ironheade lol, that's what I did in my Emperor Riggs mod for enemy Lyonwhite lol) I once thought about doing a playable Lyonwhite faction but didn't go through with it as Lyonwhite's avatar was unfinished (lack of combo attacks and no cooldown on screams). Gonna have to share this on the discord (just found out the old invite link posted was expired so here's a new one if you want to join it):

discord.gg/Bxhwqrj

Edited by B Dawg

2 hours ago, B Dawg said:

Wow. very impressive. You even retextured (or edited the materials of) units that didn't have Lyonwhite counterparts (in which case, I would have just used the Alternate colors of Ironheade lol, that's what I did in my Emperor Riggs mod for enemy Lyonwhite lol) I once thought about doing a playable Lyonwhite faction but didn't go through with it as Lyonwhite's avatar was unfinished (lack of combo attacks and no cooldown on screams). Gonna have to share this on the discord (just found out the old invite link posted was expired so here's a new one if you want to join it):

discord.gg/Bxhwqrj

Took me a while to figure out how to make him a playable avatar, at first I thought it was impossible since he is missing so many things an avatar should have, but as I kept messing around with the files I found out that it was actually possible. Surprisingly, he functions much better than I thought he would, even has animations when turning around (something none of the avatars have). Had to delete the Ormagoden Axe and the Tenacious D guitar as they were messing up his animations in multiplayer (single player worked fine for some reason, this part drove me nuts until I realized those two weapons were the ones causing him to glitch lol. Good thing I didn't have them equipped in single player, otherwise I would've never found out about the cause). He only has 3 solos though (Buff, Face Melter, Fan Tribute), and like you said no cooldowns on attacks, but even at that state he is a pretty fun character to play as. 

Thank you! Although I'm not actively playing Brutal Legend nowadays, just wanted to check out the modding aspect of it, I'll make sure to join!