Hung Parliament. I guess they will try and form a coalition? I doubt there will be another election.

8 hours ago, epic said:

Who are you rooting for?

Labour & Corbyn, as Bales said. Though that is hard to do when you're in a safe Tory constituency, and Boris Johnson's seat at that. Still the fact that the Conservatives & Theresa May made a pig's ear of the whole election does bring hope to parts of the country at least. They're trying to form another government with backing from the DUP (right wing Northern Irish party) but I hope that doesn't work and that she resigns which could lead to Labour forming a minority government. Basically, it's a bit complicated right now!

5 hours ago, Bidiot Bales said:

Also Elmo.

I'm more of a Lord Buckethead guy.

Edited by Cengared

I've been busy with work and busy with preparing for university, and a good chunk of my free time has been preparing for the launch of a new expansion for FFXIV that'll be out in less than a week.

So, yeah, I've been a bit quiet here lately, but I still check in on things.

New single by Alice Cooper

I made another beep boop recently, for your pleasure or displeasure :violin:

It sounds vaguely like 'Start Me Up' by The Rolling Stones.

Edited by Noname215

14 hours ago, Noname215 said:

Taking into account the fact that most pop culture journos don't know what 'reboot' means and so it's likely this is simply going to be "more Animaniacs episodes", I don't see the problem.

Moving from WB to Disney, I just saw the Kingdom Hearts III trailer in the E3 thread and it struck me that I'd be a lot more interested in that franchise if it was just a Disney Animation shared universe thing and didn't have a ton of anime peeps chucked in. Makes so much more sense to have Mickey be the lead!

6 hours ago, TimeGentleman said:

Taking into account the fact that most pop culture journos don't know what 'reboot' means and so it's likely this is simply going to be "more Animaniacs episodes", I don't see the problem.

Moving from WB to Disney, I just saw the Kingdom Hearts III trailer in the E3 thread and it struck me that I'd be a lot more interested in that franchise if it was just a Disney Animation shared universe thing and didn't have a ton of anime peeps chucked in. Makes so much more sense to have Mickey be the lead!

Wait?  You would get rid of Sora?!

You can't simply replicate what made Animaniacs great. They pushed the boundaries so many times with what you can put in a children's cartoon, with it's sly social commentary and crass humor. The writers took risks. Whatever we'd be getting here is probably dumbed down just enough to make it acceptable for modern day audiences.

No they aren't. Information spreads more quickly and more freely than it used to. Individuals in general aren't dumber or more easily offended; but those that are can now more easily congregate into groups that are harder to ignore.

Edited by Chyron

15 hours ago, epic said:

Wait?  You would get rid of Sora?!

I really don't know anything about the games, so I don't have anything against Sora specifically; it's just the inclusion of what seem like generic anime types makes me less interested in the franchise. I'd be a lot more excited to see Mickey as the lead, retaining his basic character but re-imagined as a Joseph Campbell-style unlikely hero in a huge fantasy world.

Just now, TimeGentleman said:

I really don't know anything about the games, so I don't have anything against Sora specifically; it's just the inclusion of what seem like generic anime types makes me less interested in the franchise. I'd be a lot more excited to see Mickey as the lead, retaining his basic character but re-imagined as a Joseph Campbell-style unlikely hero in a huge fantasy world.

Well, Kingdom Hearts has a difficult story to follow.  All I know about Sora is that he's some kid who wants to get rid of the darkness or something.  Also, there's Final Fantasy characters involved.

Ha, I didn't realise it had FF characters in it but, again, not exciting to me personally.

Re. Animaniacs, I feel like, if anything, cartoons in general are a bit more sophisticated than back in the mid-nineties. There's always the chance that it'll be rubbish, of course, but I wouldn't expect that based purely on the state of the medium or its audience today.

Yeah, you can't replace Sora with Mickey. Sora has emotional struggles he deals with, and for starters, Mickey's voice alone would completely undo the seriousness of trying to fit him into Sora's role.

Just did a phone interview for a position I didn't apply for and wasn't qualified for. Apparently there was some confusion over what my bachelors degree is in. >_<

A man walked into a UPS facility here in San Francisco, killed three people then himself.

that is a nice looking tumbleweed, though

ayo miss tumbleweed, what're ya doin' with a hoser like bookdust? come talk to me babie and i'll show you how a REAL MAN tumbles 

I went out for lunch this afternoon and lost my wallet. >:(

I mean, there wasn't much in it except 28 bucks, a bunch of punch cards from restaurants/delicatessens, a tiny slip of paper with my bank account number on it (I'm with a credit union, so it's not enough to get into my account), and a St. Joseph card. No personal ID or debit cards or anything like that.

But that doesn't mean I'm still not pissed!

8 hours ago, Bookdust said:

MeanwhileAl.thumb.jpg.c03cc1b4ea4f1d946ab6a6c710291b82.jpg

Never again will I utter aloud or via text a complaint about the state of my life, such that it is.

ok i think that bookdust and alcoremortis should start dating and get married and make babies now, because clearly one has a tumbleweed and the other needs a tumbleweed and they can just share 

also they are both big enough dweebs to complain about their love lives on an internet video game forum, so that probably means they are pretty compatible 

Do you belieeeeeeeeeeeeve in liiiiiife after loooooooove