5 hours ago, Tiny Dust! said:

Oh, @epic, I also watch My Hero Academia. That's pretty mainstream.

I've enjoyed what I've watched of Yuri!!! On ICE so far. My only problem with it as an English speaking viewer is that the show has such rapid dialogue and has so much text overlays to translate all at once that the information density on screen becomes difficult to parse. I'm pretty good at reading the rapid subtitles in a lot of modern anime, partially by understanding context and speed reading. But Yuri!!! is often explaining the very complex sport of Figure Skating in great detail and it can be hard to keep up.

I just watched the dub. >.>

It's got a pretty good dub with some hilarious Russian accents thrown in for flavor. I've stopped caring so much about sub vs dub recently because I have no concentration and like to aimlessly flip between windows sometimes while I watch movies and TV shows and at least with the dub, I can keep up with what's going on when I inevitably do that.

I got all four done at once. Prepare to do nothing for the rest of the day. Maybe tomorrow too.

Get some pudding and cream of wheat. That's all I could eat afterwards.

All four at once? You crazy crazyperson! I had two on one side done at once, and was in semi dysfunctional state for a weekend, and spoke with a lisp for two weeks.

PU1IA2f.jpg

Congrats to Adrian Beltre!  He just became the 31st player to reach the 3000 hits milestone.  Unfortunately, I missed this moment by two games (I went to the Friday game when he needed just 4 hits). 

52 minutes ago, Alcoremortis said:

I got all four done at once. Prepare to do nothing for the rest of the day. Maybe tomorrow too.

Get some pudding and cream of wheat. That's all I could eat afterwards.

I'm settling for tomato soup.

1 hour ago, fargetv said:

All four at once? You crazy crazyperson! I had two on one side done at once, and was in semi dysfunctional state for a weekend, and spoke with a lisp for two weeks.

I figured it was gonna be awful, so I'd only want to do it once. And it was, so I'm glad I didn't have to go back. Though, also, mine were growing in sideways, so if I left them, they could've really messed up my mouth.

My dad (age 56) also did all his at once a week after me. And his were way harder to get out because they were entrenched. And then he went to work right afterwards.

And my brother, just to tough us all out, did all four at once and didn't use any of the painkillers they gave him.

3 minutes ago, Alcoremortis said:

(...)

And his were way harder to get out because they were entrenched.

I will have nightmares now, thank you!

Things my cats have brought inside tonight:

-1 dead mole

-2 frogs, one of which is still in the house

-a palm-sized moth

-a rubber chew toy for small dogs

-a tenis ball

-half of a dog biscuit

-The neighbor's small dog.

TL;DR: Feddlefew's family really needs to fix the screen door.

Wikipedia tells me that those frogs are poisonous. Did the cat or your brother feel it?

We washed our hands, and we think the cat chased it in rather than carried it it.

I just tackled one of the great disappointments of my life with civility, understanding and calm. There is still a lot of hurt and emotional shit to sort through, but right now I just feel a... Warm tranquility, like I'm actually going to be alright.

MammothElementaryAmethystinepython.gif

Edited by Tiny Dust!

It's amazing how everyone suddenly becomes an animal psychologist when there's a post about pets.

Not referring to anything in particular, but every time there's a video of an animal being weird, everyone has to dissect it.

You know, maybe it's just weird.

I think it's a more general trend of "everyone with access to wikipedia is now an expert in everything".

43 minutes ago, Johro said:

It's amazing how everyone suddenly becomes an animal psychologist when there's a post about pets.

Not referring to anything in particular, but every time there's a video of an animal being weird, everyone has to dissect it.

You know, maybe it's just weird.

I feel this way about all psychology. I'm not knocking it as a science, and honestly I enjoy the subject in general, but sometimes irrational behavior is just irrational behavior, be that animal or person. Maybe it can be all broken down to a series of perfectly logical formula but uggggggggggggggggggggggh!

It's more interesting just not knowing sometimes.

chSEk2r.gif

Edited by Tiny Dust!

First medicinal wine from a teaspoon... then beer from a bottle!

And the next thing you know your son is playing for money in a pinchback suit

and listenin' to some big outta town jasper, here to talk about horse-race gambling!

Not a wholesome trottin' race, no, but a race where they sit right down on the horse!

Care to see some stuck-up jockey boy sitting on a Dan Patch? Makes your blood boil or I should say

Now friends let me tell you what I mean. 

You got one, two, three, four, five, six pockets in a table. 

Pockets that mark the difference between a gentleman and a bum with a capital B that rhymes with P that stands for pool!

That's your future now.

8 hours ago, Alcoremortis said:

First medicinal wine from a teaspoon... then beer from a bottle!

And the next thing you know your son is playing for money in a pinchback suit

and listenin' to some big outta town jasper, here to talk about horse-race gambling!

Not a wholesome trottin' race, no, but a race where they sit right down on the horse!

Care to see some stuck-up jockey boy sitting on a Dan Patch? Makes your blood boil or I should say

Now friends let me tell you what I mean. 

You got one, two, three, four, five, six pockets in a table. 

Pockets that mark the difference between a gentleman and a bum with a capital B that rhymes with P that stands for pool!

That's your future now.

Oh shit I just took up pool as a pastime!

Harold Hill was right!

1 minute ago, Tiny Dust! said:

Oh shit I just took up pool as a pastime!

Harold Hill was right!

It's too late for you. You're doomed. Might as well start never mind getting dandelions pulled or the screen door patched or the beefsteak pounded. Never mind pumpin' any water 'til your parents are caught with an empty cistern on a Saturday night, now that's trouble.

I still feel pretty chill though. Like the anxiety of my situation is mixed in there somewhere, there's still a lot of unknowns in all this, but in general I'd say that the sense of peace I had last night is still there, so probably not drug related.

Well, that's good I guess. 

I usually just fall into the "relaxed because I forgot what I was supposed to be doing" phase.

So... What I feel from moment to moment is unpredictably random. I'll be fine for half the day and the rest of it I'll be a total wreck.

It's an interesting way to live, I can say that much.

Really annoyed that the forums keep making my perfectly good Avatars look like total garbage after I upload them.

I even resized this one to 114x114 so that the forums wouldn't have to do it themselves and IT STILL looks like garbage.