On the topic of TV shows. Is there any new good show, non animated, that's not to damn dark and depressing, and also not about the main characters being an awful person? 

42 minutes ago, CecilRousso said:

On the topic of TV shows. Is there any new good show, non animated, that's not to damn dark and depressing, and also not about the main characters being an awful person? 

Check out Trial and Error and if you don't mind watching a bad person becoming a good person than The Good Place

I don't know much about brand new shows that aren't animated (loved Duck tales too!), I've got enough shows from recent years to watch. Sadly, I enjoy a lot of grimdark stuff, so apart from Doctor Who I can only recommend:

The Flash, Supergirl and Legends of Tomorrow are breezy fun, lots of humour and entertaining action. Supergirl is the most light-hearted and The Flash is probably the best one, there's some heartbreak but in a bracing way, they're not grimdark. Orphan Black, which ended its final fifth season yesterday, might be the best show of recent years and is generally positive and has a lot of humour, but it does have some psychologically disturbing stuff, heartbreak and some gore too.

EDIT: I can't believe I forgot Sense8! OMG. So good. It takes a few episodes to get going, but it celebrates positive messages about humanity in all its diversity. Has some violent fight scenes.

Edited by EMarley

Agents of SHIELD was insanely good this last season and... I don't think it was too dark? I don't know what too dark is. I mean, there's lots of fighting and bad guys, but the good guys win and go out for drinks in the end?

I second Orphan Black, too... yeah, this show does have a thing with eye scream and needles. It's very funny, though and has some of the most amazing acting I've ever seen on TV.

Dark Matter is a pretty fun scifi romp following a bunch of bad guys who are remaking themselves into good guys. Kinda a bit like Firefly, but more cyberpunk.

Aaand... that's all I've watched that isn't super depressing (Preacher and Broadchurch... can be fun, mostly depressing). 

Thanks for the tips. Will check some of them out. :) 

Agents of Shield has been on my To Watch list for quite some time, but I still haven't gotten around to it. Trial&Error, The Good Place were completely new to me. Orphan Black and Dark Matter are series I've heard the name of, but haven't known anything about before. 

Agent of Shield starts off pretty slow, just as a warning. The first half of the first season is... pretty rough, to be completely honest. They had to align with the MCU for that first season and that kinda messed with the pacing, so there's a lot of monster of the week type of episodes. They're still kinda fun, but looking back, very much not representative of the rest of the show. But after that, it increases in quality every season and season 4 is probably the best of the bunch.

I'm working on a recipe for a Dijon mustard-based barbecue sauce.

Edited by Noname215

I feel like an idiot. I was off the forums for a few days and I forgot how to delete a post.

I'm so expert at it that I wrote a script to do it for me.

Dark times

EDIT: OH ALSO THEY SEEM TO HAVE REMOVED THE DELETE POST BUTTON HAHAHA YOU GUYS I GOT THEM TO REMOVE THE POWER TO REMOVE YOUR OWN POSTS WITH MY DEPRESSION!

im_a_god_groundhog_day.gif

Edited by Tiny Dust!

Or maybe you were the only one who ever had that power, just like your power to change your user title...

46 minutes ago, Alcoremortis said:

Or maybe you were the only one who ever had that power, just like your power to change your user title...

I miss that, I really don't want to stay The Progenitor.

49 minutes ago, Alcoremortis said:

I just recently became a god's coat and it was great.

what is this?

32 minutes ago, Tiny Dust! said:

I think a fair number of people will see it actually.

IMG_2807.JPG

So I'm binging Kung fu movies for no reason and also for no reason I decide to take a look at what some online lists on movie sites offering opinions as to what the greatest Kung fu/martial arts movies are.

Now I know this was the author's opinion, but the one on Complex pissed me off. Because what do I find at the very top?

Kill Bill Vol.1/Vol.2.

Edited by Noname215

The eclipse is really going to disrupt my retail job.  Why can't they do these things at night?  So inconsiderate. 

Edited by Johro

1 hour ago, Noname215 said:

So I'm binging Kung fu movies for no reason and also for no reason I decide to take a look at what some online lists on movie sites offering opinions as to what the greatest Kung fu/martial arts movies are.

Now I know this was the author's opinion, but the one on Complex pissed me off. Because what do I find at the very top?

Kill Bill Vol.1/Vol.2.

.... Kill Bill is not a Kung Fu Movie.

5 hours ago, Johro said:

The eclipse is really going to disrupt my retail job.  Why can't they do these things at night?  So inconsiderate. 

What's the issue here?

7 hours ago, Feddlefew said:

.... Kill Bill is not a Kung Fu Movie.

Precisely.

And what Kung fu scenes are present in the two movies for the most part pale in comparison to the real stuff. Gimme Gordon Liu, Jackie Chan, Bruce Lee, Chang Shien, Donnie Yen, but don't try bringing Uma Thurman to the table.

I got my own top 10.

The Chinese Connection/Fist of Fury

Rumble In The Bronx

Five Deadly Venoms

The 36th Chamber of Shaolin

Enter The Dragon

Master of the Flying Guillotine 

18 Bronze Men

Drunken Master

5 Fingers Of Death

House of Traps

Bonuses: Big Trouble In Little China, The Invincible Armour, Come Drink With Me, The Way Of The Dragon

Edited by Noname215

9 hours ago, Johro said:

There's no need to throw shade, here.