• Announcements

• Spaff

These Forums are closing!   10/04/2019

After more than a decade of serving this community well, these forums have finally run their course and it's time to close them down. That doesn't mean we want to close the doors on our community, quite the opposite!
      Our discord server grows ever busier by the day, and we encourage all Double Fine fans to meet us over there www.discord.gg/doublefine In a short time these forums will become a read only archive and will remain that way until they become needed again.
      You never know, it might happen.  There is... a prophecy. Thank you all for being part of these forums, and remember that the fun is definitely not over - so please join us on Discord! Love ya, Spaff, Tim, Info Cow, and all of Double Fine.

Imelda May sang better than Demi Lovato. Was sad to see she got rid of that signature blonde curl.

Mayweather wins by TKO in 10 Rounds!

Edited by epic

5 minutes ago, epic said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Mayweather wins by TKO in 10 Rounds!

I'm disappointed. I was hoping for more of an ass whooping .

I'm gonna go rewatch Ward vs Gatti or Jack Dempsey videos to wash this crap from my mind.

The Howling > An American Werewolf In London

Yay for unpopular opinions

40 minutes ago, Johro said:

The Howling > An American Werewolf In London

Yay for unpopular opinions

The only things American Werewolf has over The Howling is soundtrack and Rick Baker. Howling has a better script, better acting, stuck to its tone and has an ending that isn't abrupt. Also wheras John Landis stuck too closely to certain rules of the werewolf subgenre established by the old Universal monster movies, Joe Dante made sure Howling was its own thing. The only 'rule' stuck to was silver bullets.

Tobe Hooper, director of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Salem's Lot, The Funhouse and (sorta) Poltergeist, has passed away.

Edited by Noname215

Anyone want to place bets on how long it will take for both of my roommates' fish to die?

I told them that there are literally no fish that can last in a 1 gallon unfiltered, unheated fishbowl. So they got two gold fish and dropped them strait into tap water.

One's already dying, and I don't see the other one lasting much longer.

Edit: Yes I'm salty about this.

I had a fish that lived for a few years in an unheated fishbowl, but I also live in SoCal and even then, they gotta get some purification and softening tablets and then acclimatize the fish first.

Today I got to add another reason to the very long list of reasons I hate Berkeley.

15 minutes ago, Noname215 said:

Today I got to add another reason to the very long list of reasons I hate Berkeley.

1419-2851.gif

Ha ha! I was very annoyed at Taken 3 for casting Dougray Scott as Famke Janssen''s third husband when they clearly should have brought back Xander B as her second husband.

goodbyyyyye hot!

fly! fly back to hotopia!!!! you are free now!!!!!

13 hours ago, Johro said:

1419-2851.gif

Clarification: I had to walk from a BART station to pick up my niece from a friend's house and had through the protests. On my way back with her a lot those protests broke into violence. It was like a thousand nations of the Persian empire, if the Persian empire was made up of bleeding heart liberals, right wingers and anarchists. 

@epic Weird thing happened today. I was doing some work on my iPad while listening to SRV and decided to start scrolling through news while waiting on the music to start. Once I got to an article on what's happening in Houston, guess which song started playing.

"New Orleans Is Sinking" was pretty much banned from radio for a while in Canada(really the only country that song would be played) after that incident happened.

It's weird how sometimes things just line up a certain way.

I remember as a kid when I first heard about Katrina happening I was listening to Led Zeppelin with my dad. When The Levee Breaks.

46 minutes ago, Noname215 said:

@epic Weird thing happened today. I was doing some work on my iPad while listening to SRV and decided to start scrolling through news while waiting on the music to start. Once I got to an article on what's happening in Houston, guess which song started playing.

Texas Flood?

On 8/27/2017 at 9:53 PM, Alcoremortis said:

I had a fish that lived for a few years in an unheated fishbowl, but I also live in SoCal and even then, they gotta get some purification and softening tablets and then acclimatize the fish first.

acclimate*

I just got an Ion portable suitcase turntable to play the vinyl records I purchased from the Double Fine shop.  I also picked up the deluxe soundtracks for the Guardians of the Galaxy films on vinyl, as I couldn't get myself to purchase them on a more modern format. :)

The turntable is USB chargeable, can be connected to a computer to convert the songs to digital format, has an auxiliary input so other media players can be attached, and it has built in speakers.  It is surprisingly well made and the speakers sound quite good, considering it cost less than $100.

On 8/27/2017 at 10:53 PM, Alcoremortis said:

1 hour ago, Chyron said:

acclimate*

Acclimatize is a valid variation of acclimate: https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/acclimatize. As is acclimitise, for those people outside the United States. ;)