5 hours ago, fargetv said:

I love this!

<Bill Bailey sings Old Macdonald>

Ha! That's great. :D 

Finally saw Guns N Roses play Estranged and Coma.  It was a good show.  Much better than 2006.

I swear, if my friend sends me one more singing telegram I'm gonna sic my dog on him.

5 minutes ago, Noname215 said:

I swear, if my friend sends me one more singing telegram I'm gonna sic my dog on him.

The friend or the singing telegram guy?

5 minutes ago, Feddlefew said:

The friend or the singing telegram guy?

Yes.

9 hours ago, Noname215 said:

ZK6J7AL.gif

I am going to an American Football game tomorrow. I don't understand American Football, but I found a little dragon with a number on hidden near my apartment, and apparently it's like an oddly-shaped raffle ticket for a drawing they're doing.

1 hour ago, Feddlefew said:

I am going to an American Football game tomorrow. I don't understand American Football, but I found a little dragon with a number on hidden near my apartment, and apparently it's like an oddly-shaped raffle ticket for a drawing they're doing.

Is it a well known college team or a small team like Division II or III.  American Football isn't that hard to understand.  You have 3 chances to move 10 yards with the ultimate goal of making it to the opposing end of the field. 

55 minutes ago, epic said:

Is it a well known college team or a small team like Division II or III.  American Football isn't that hard to understand.  You have 3 chances to move 10 yards with the ultimate goal of making it to the opposing end of the field. 

This explanation is concise, but manages to make football sound even more boring than it actually is. Which is the true accomplishment here.

11 minutes ago, Tiny Dust! said:

This explanation is concise, but manages to make football sound even more boring than it actually is. Which is the true accomplishment here.

It's not the destination, it's the journey. The journey can be one of bone crushing violence or of pure adrenaline. To all of the schlubs who never played the sport before, it may seem boring. But if you're the one out on the field it's a different story.

Edited by Noname215

1 minute ago, Noname215 said:

It's not the destination, it's the journey. The journey can be one of bone crushing violence or of pure adrenaline. To all of the schlubs who never played the sport before, it may seem boring. But if you're the one out on the field it's a different story.

Well anything is more interesting when you're a participant. Being actively involved in something is always going to be more entertaining or at least mentally engaging than passive observation, especially when that something involves using your whole body.

Also, all people who've never played football are talent-less, unattractive and boorish? I mean, I am for sure but it seems unfair to lump the majority of the human race together with me.

24 minutes ago, Tiny Dust! said:

Well anything is more interesting when you're a participant. Being actively involved in something is always going to be more entertaining or at least mentally engaging than passive observation, especially when that something involves using your whole body.

Also, all people who've never played football are talent-less, unattractive and boorish? I mean, I am for sure but it seems unfair to lump the majority of the human race together with me.

Well. I seem to have used the wrong word.

'Plebeians' would be a lot more fitting.

Edited by Noname215

14 minutes ago, Noname215 said:

Well. I seem to have used the wrong word.

'Plebeians' would be a lot more fitting.

So now we're a lower class of humans? Again, true of me, still seems overly general, also, rude?

Maybe the problem is you insulting people? I don't know, I just don't care for any of your word choices. Seems like you could have just been like:

34 minutes ago, Tiny Dust! said:

To all of the good people who never played the sport before, it may seem boring. But if you're the one out on the field it's a different story.

And made your point without resorting to petty name calling.

But look at me, I'm arguing with you about tone, instead of engaging with your actual points.

Clearly you don't have had to play football to enjoy watching it. Just as I don't have had to be a figure skater to enjoy watching that. So I don't really feel like your point even speaks to the majority of football fans out there, much less to those who find watching it, even with a complete working understanding of the game, mind numbing. I personally, just find it incredibly boring.

A funny explanation of what talking about football rules is like at 1:02.

Rather than continue to dig myself into a hole, I'll just shut up now.

Started watching Rick & Morty on Netflix, after seeing so many people talking about it. 

I don't think I've ever seen a serie that you have so few feelings about. Don't really like anything about it, but I also don't really dislike anything about it either. It works quite well to see an episode from time to time, and even though I don't think it has made me laugh a single time, or made me think about anything, I still watch each episode from start to beginning. 

37 minutes ago, Tiny Dust! said:

How far have you gotten in?

Have jumped a bit. Some of season 1, most of season 2, all of season three that's available on Netflix here in Sweden so far. 

Fun fact:  American Football actually has 4 chances to move the ball 10 yards.  They just tend to kick on the last chance to get the ball further away from their own goal.

Canadian Football has 3 chances.

Football was eh.

My semi-illicit air stone setup arrived, so the goldfish isn't going to asphyxiate now.

1 hour ago, Feddlefew said:

Football was eh.

My semi-illicit air stone setup arrived, so the goldfish isn't going to asphyxiate now.

Did your team win?

David Hasselhoff wants Robert Rodriguez to do a Logan style reboot of Knight Rider.

Lord of the Flies, one of my favorite books, is getting another adaptation, this time with an all female cast.

Didn't the original have to do a lot with highlighting issues surrounding the way boys are socialized? Issues that, to be perfectly honest, girls don't generally have?

I mean, maybe if they changed the plot to focus more on issues that girls face. I dunno.

7 minutes ago, Alcoremortis said:

Didn't the original have to do a lot with highlighting issues surrounding the way boys are socialized? Issues that, to be perfectly honest, girls don't generally have?

I mean, maybe if they changed the plot to focus more on issues that girls face. I dunno.

So the movie is gonna be about a brutal society of girls who are fake and passive-aggressive toward each other? They kill the adults by shunning them and spreading gossip about what an awful slut so and so is?

Isn't that just Mean Girls?

Edited by Tiny Dust!

Well, I'm sure that girls are equally capable of resorting to physical violence. I mean more the reasons for that violence would probably need to be different because girls typically aren't socialized to worship girls who exhibit overtly masculine traits. Like with the boys, they were socialized to worship the biggest and baddest (the boys best at hunting pigs) not the smartest and most reasonable, which influences a lot of the story. 

Though, really, I'm not even saying that's not possible as a real life occurrence, I'm more saying that as a work of literature the book was looking at broad based problems with how boys are raised and to really get the same level of storytelling and meaning for girls, unique girl issues would need to be examined in order to make the story memorable and meaningful.

48 minutes ago, Alcoremortis said:

Well, I'm sure that girls are equally capable of resorting to physical violence. I mean more the reasons for that violence would probably need to be different because girls typically aren't socialized to worship girls who exhibit overtly masculine traits. Like with the boys, they were socialized to worship the biggest and baddest (the boys best at hunting pigs) not the smartest and most reasonable, which influences a lot of the story. 

Though, really, I'm not even saying that's not possible as a real life occurrence, I'm more saying that as a work of literature the book was looking at broad based problems with how boys are raised and to really get the same level of storytelling and meaning for girls, unique girl issues would need to be examined in order to make the story memorable and meaningful.

I apologize if it seemed like I was being dismissive of your point. Not my intent.

Nah, it's more I realized that my initial statement didn't really say what I wanted to say.