hot

hey guys post more im bored

Saw It Chapter One on the opening night here. Not a huge horror fan but this was a really good movie. Very good characters and the story was built up and it didn't drag too much. Pennywise was very different from Tim Curry so you didn't really compare them watching it.

Big year for Stephen King adaptations. If only The Dark Tower had been worth the wait.

I loved It and I have faith in both Gerald's Game and 1922.

Nachos, of course.

My second guess would be cheddar bay biscuits, which are worth going to the lobster for dinner for.

Hey, Noname215, what are your thoughts on chili? I'm making turkey chili with kidney beans right now, and I've already had one person tell me it's not real chili.

Watching Tales From The Darkside today.  I've seen the first few episodes before, but I'm giving it another go.

29 minutes ago, Feddlefew said:

Hey, Noname215, what are your thoughts on chili? I'm making turkey chili with kidney beans right now, and I've already had one person tell me it's not real chili.

I'm the wrong guy to ask because I hate beans.

1 minute ago, Noname215 said:

I'm the wrong guy to ask because I hate beans.

Fair enough.

Do you hate all beans or just bean-beans?

Black, baked, refried, you name it. Ever since I was a kid.

Edited by Noname215

I'm trying to find a really good recipe for beef stew that doesn't include a slow cooker.

Also I'm working on three alcohol infused barbecue sauces and one jalapeño/mayo/spices blend.

Edited by Noname215

I've found that "Good Stew" and "Slow cooker" are mutually exclusive. Now, pressurecooker stew is amazing, but most people don't have one.

I've never made beef stew, but SimplyRecipies hasn't failed me yet:

http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/irish_beef_stew/

http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/beef_and_barley_stew_with_mushrooms/

http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/carbonnade_beef_and_beer_stew/

And oxtails are kind of their own thing, but I think they still count as "beef":

http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/oxtail_stew/

Word Processor of the Gods.  The Stephen King story where everything turns out for the best.  Spoilers!  It was an episode of Tales from the Darkside where I was expecting a twist which never came.

So, would any of you want to have a DFAF Discord Server?  If so, then PM me some ideas.

Edited by epic

54 minutes ago, Noname215 said:

Ever seen Creepshow 2? Best segment is based on Stephen King's short story The Raft.

Oh yeah.  I saw it when I was too young.  It really stuck with me.  I think it's the most well-written, but now, I think The Hitchhiker is the scarier story.  That's probably because I drive alone at night a lot.

My top 5 horror movies of 2017 so far

5. Raw

4. Split

3. Annabelle: Creation

2. Get Out

1. It

Edited by Noname215

In Berlin for a wedding this week. I really like Germany, but I hate that it's so few places where you can pay by card here. (For instance in the taxi cab from the airport.)

I guess we're spoiled in Scandinavia with a really good infrastructure for electronic payment. I can even pay with a phone app in many stores.

Being from California, sometimes I get really paranoid about earthquakes and wish I was anywhere else, especially with all the destruction going on down south in Texas and Mexico.

I'm a little worried, but slightly heartened by the fact that I work in a really solidly built building and am a healthy distance away from the San Andreas fault. Not as far as I'd like, but you can't have everything.

Also, said building has an internal power and water supply, so that's also pretty good.

I have a friend who works construction and laying foundations, he says buildings collapsing isn't the the biggest worry in a metropolitan area, but all that broken glass getting blown out into the streets.

Unless you live near Embarcadero or the Marina. Then you're screwed because of liquefaction. 

Edited by Noname215

Nah, I don't actually live in the city proper, I'm out in the suburbs. And the reason I know the buildings here are built solidly was that after the Northridge earthquake in '94, one developed a crack and was scheduled to be torn down. It still took three wrecking balls to demolish it.