hot

hey guys post more im bored

1 hour ago, Feddlefew said:

We now have DFADiscord, BTW.

You got the link?

Link

There's also a pinned topic with the link now. As it says, you'll need a Discord account and 10 minutes of patience to join.

Right out of left field:

Calvin & Hobbes is the single greatest comic ever.

It just is.  I read it as a kid, I owned all the collection books and as an adult, I bought the complete collection massive bookset thing that's almost heavier than I am.

Edit: To clarify, I did mean "ever".  Better than Batman, Spawn, X-Men etc.

Edited by Johro

3 hours ago, Johro said:

Right out of left field:

It just is.  I read it as a kid, I owned all the collection books and as an adult, I bought the complete collection massive bookset thing that's almost heavier than I am.

No argument here.

It looks fine to me.  Not sure it'll be a theatre trip, but I'll see it at some point.

The hell with it. I'm not taking the same chance I did on Assassins Creed.

Edited by Noname215

I was disappointed to find out that Holding Out For A Hero wasn't a song about a submarine sandwich.

So four years of education are over and I'm finally happy to no longer be a student. Getting my bachelor's degree last year meant so much to me and trying to follow that up with a master's has been tough but I've done all I can which should hopefully be enough. And now I'm about to reap the benefits of getting that bachelor's degree when I start my new job as a graduate software engineer next week, working for the company behind the official F1 app, which has required a relocation from the edge of London to rural Oxfordshire. Looking forward to starting this new chapter of my life but also incredibly nervous about it as well. Lets hope I don't muck it up!

Congratulations! I also remember that transition as scary, but it worked out really well after a couple of weeks. I'm sure that the same will happen to you.

Moving to new places is also a great chance to change things in your life that are hard to change once you're settled down.

On 9/19/2017 at 7:20 PM, Johro said:

Right out of left field:

When I was a teenager, I always though either Maus or The Dark Knight Returns was the greatest comic ever.

Johnny Depp's accent and a few pieces of Michelle Pfeiffer's dialogue were a little weak, and I was really hoping they wouldn't use Imagine Dragons again, but yeah I'll be seeing it.

So Jackie Chan and Owen Wilson are reuniting for Shanghai Dawn.

If only Rush Hour 4 would happen.

Has there been any new announcements on Shanghai Dawn? The latest I can find is from June where Wilson just says it's being talked about. I know Jared Hess was reported a year ago as onboard to direct, but there doesn't seem to be much movement.

Frankly, as a big fan of the first two films, I'm a bit worried about this one - the original screenwriters doing story only and the replacement writers not having a single imdb credit, a non-action director and a much older Jackie Chan who, judging by Rush Hour 3, may not be doing fight sequences or stunts himself. At this point I'd probably be relieved if it didn't get made, even though at one point I was so eager for it I managed to contact one of the writers and pitch them an ending!

6 hours ago, TimeGentleman said:

Has there been any new announcements on Shanghai Dawn? The latest I can find is from June where Wilson just says it's being talked about. I know Jared Hess was reported a year ago as onboard to direct, but there doesn't seem to be much movement.

Frankly, as a big fan of the first two films, I'm a bit worried about this one - the original screenwriters doing story only and the replacement writers not having a single imdb credit, a non-action director and a much older Jackie Chan who, judging by Rush Hour 3, may not be doing fight sequences or stunts himself. At this point I'd probably be relieved if it didn't get made, even though at one point I was so eager for it I managed to contact one of the writers and pitch them an ending!

Not any official announcements, but I read a recent interview from Owen Wilson saying he's recently talked to Jackie and they're still trying to get it made, and both Chan and Wilson are having creative input on the film according to Alfred Gough.

I agree, Hess being a director who has more misses than hits and having never directed action is worrisome, although from the look of The Foreigner, Jackie doesn't appear to be slowing down.

I'm curious, what was the ending you pitched?

Well, I read in an interview (or heard in the commentary?) around 2003/4 that they had the final scene for Dawn written already. Assuming that they'd go with the Hollywood setting that Knights sets up, I made my own pitch for the last scene:

Chon Wang and Roy become silent film stars towards the end of the film, and the final scene starts with one of their silent movies. The camera dollies back to reveal that it is being watched on a projector in a modern house, belonging to Owen Wilson! He and Jackie Chan have discovered their distant relatives' old movies, and are having a huge Hollywood shindig to celebrate. A mass of cameoing actor friends applaud the film and party as the credits roll.

Ever wake up on your birthday feeling like an old man?

Well today is that day because my back is killing me.

1 hour ago, Tiny Dust! said:

Happy Birthday?

It is indeed.

Can I have money now? Or hugs?

They're good, but I really have to be in the mood for it.

Listening to Led Zeppelin live:

*Play 3/4 of a song*

*Insert 10min jam session*

*Finish song*

There have honestly been times where I forgot what song they were even playing.

3 minutes ago, Johro said:

They're good, but I really have to be in the mood for it.

Listening to Led Zeppelin live:

*Play 3/4 of a song*

*Insert 10min jam session*

*Finish song*

There have honestly been times where I forgot what song they were even playing.

Sounds like a description of Dazed and Confused. Or at least the live versions.