1 hour ago, Noname215 said:

@epic

Are you rooting for the Astros or are you in the Dodgers' corner 

Dodgers.  I don't want Houston winning a World Series before the Rangers. 

@AlcoremortisBad news, Dodgers lose Game 3 5-3 and are down 2-1.

So Kevin Spacey is a pedo and I can never watch American Beauty again.

4 hours ago, Noname215 said:

Was. Was a pedo. At 26, more than 30 years ago. At a time when I guess he was desperately trying to find his sexual identity. And for what it's worth, being confronted with the allegation, he did the right thing, or at least much of the right thing.

This is anything but a non issue, and I loathe the people who go "BUT HE WAS DRUNK", because I really don't see how that mitigates things, not at all. Anthony Rapp had to get it off his chest, it's great that he did, and for once, no one is going to court over this for once. The outcome of all this is still shitty, but it's the best outcome of this particular situation possible.

Then again, no one should watch American Beauty a second time. :P

6 hours ago, Noname215 said:

That's a bit too much of a complete writeoff of him as a human being, on very little information. It does not look good for him, but let's not pickup our torches and pitchforks to easily,. 

Well, Spacey also decided this was the moment to come out as gay, seemingly correlating assault with being gay, which was an unpleasant thing to do considering how much the community has worked to distance itself from that sort of thing.

It's horrible that Anthony Rapp had to go through that. I've been greatly enjoying his performance in Star Trek: Discovery.

Yeah, I hate Discovery, but Lieutenant Stamets  is a good character.

People, in general, just suck.

They always said, you never should meet your heroes.

Well unless your hero is Weird Al.  Mister straight edge, vegetarian, nice guy.  But otherwise, no.

1 hour ago, Johro said:

Well unless your hero is Weird Al.  Mister straight edge, vegetarian, nice guy.  But otherwise, no.

Or my man Bruce.

Congrats to the Houston Astros and the city of Houston for their 1st World Series championship. 

Sorry @Alcoremortis, there's next year.

1 hour ago, Tiny Dust! said:

I mean you say that but...

But what?

On 11/1/2017 at 6:20 PM, Johro said:

On 11/1/2017 at 7:55 PM, Noname215 said:

Or my man Bruce.

John Lithgow is an awesome guy too.

If any of the guys listed above end up in a scandal where they turn out to be abusive, I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

On 11/1/2017 at 11:26 AM, Tiny Dust! said:

I'm done with liking or admiring other men I think. There's too much of this garbage going around these days, I don't trust my gender by default now.

We still have Robert Downey, Jr.

Just now, Noname215 said:

We still have Robert Downey, Jr.

Look, I'm sure most guys get through life without being sexual predators, but I mean, it sure seems like a lot of men with any kind of power are turning out to be sexual predators...

I'm just saying everyone is suspect now.

I'm going to put all my chips on Alan Rickman still being cool. I think that's a safe bet.

It's easy to look at cases like this and think "All famous men are offenders". But don't forget that there are no news stories about famous men who are NOT offenders. If there was a news story about all non-offenders, you would get the impression that the huge majority is not offenders.

That said, becoming famous often requires you to be a specific kind of person, who is willing to step over bodies to get what you want. I'm guessing that the percentage of famous people who are offenders is larger than the average in the general population, but it's still really small.

Jessica Chastain is on record saying she wants to play Beverly in IT: Chapter Two.

Dane DeHaan needs to play Bill and maybe Kevin Bacon should play Henry Bowers.

Edited by Noname215

RIP Doc.  You may have been American, but you made Canada proud.  One of the classiest athletes.

I really don't understand why people dislike character relative controls (tank controls) so much. Why is it so difficult to relate to them? Is it easy for me because I experienced them growing up? They completely remove the "cumbersome camera" problem, and allow for so many interesting camera angles. Why can't we have games that use either one or the other, and not ONLY camera relative controls?

It's weird how things are changing from when I was younger. 

Now, people don't smoke cigarettes in TV or movies unless it is an important character trait, but I see MADD(Anti-drinking and driving campaign for those outside NA) commercials about marijuana(soon to be legal in Canada) use on TV daily.

Times change, man.

I hurt my abdominal muscles and now it hurts to do... pretty much anything.