The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild

4 hours ago, epic said:

Game Of The Year Nominees:

Horizon: Zero Dawn

Persona 5

Player Unknown's Battlegrounds

Super Mario Odyssey

The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild

I'm playing through Super Mario Odyssey now.  It's awesome.  It's got a little bit of every Mario game before it, and the new stuff is awesome. Taking control of enemies is so much fun, and the speed flower is neat. I hope this game gets a sequel.

33 minutes ago, Bidiot Bales said:

The correct best games are Prey and A Hat in Time.

A Hat In Time got robbed.  Not even nominated for Best Indie Game or Best Family Game.

Still think Samus Returns is mine.  I liked it more than Zelda anyway, and I haven't played the others.

(oh, and I hurt myself exercising.  Too much at once.  Pushed myself til I couldn't.  Forgot I'm not 20 anymore.)

I'm looking for modern country acts that aren't pop star four chord crap.

7 hours ago, epic said:

A Hat In Time got robbed.  Not even nominated for Best Indie Game or Best Family Game.

This depresses me. :(

10 hours ago, Johro said:

oh, and I hurt myself exercising.  Too much at once.  Pushed myself til I couldn't.  Forgot I'm not 20 anymore.)

Ah! But pain brings strength, and strength brings happiness. Just do a light abdomnial workout in the near future, and you'll be fine again.

I thought you had been in an accident.

No, but it's winter, in Canada and I take the freeway daily.  So...  Fingers crossed on that one.

Do you drive a car? If so: Winter tyres are a great investment. Coming from a land of snow myself, I've seen how dangerous bad tyres can be.

If you take the bus: They probably have their equipment in order, I guess?

Yeah, I drive.  I have all seasons.  I might start investing in winter ones.  I currently have to manually put my car into second gear at intersections just to avoid spinning out.

19 minutes ago, Johro said:

I currently have to manually put my car into second gear at intersections just to avoid spinning out.

Please invest!

Malcolm Young, co founder/former rhythm guitarist of AC/DC, has passed away

Well, it wasn't actually really hard. Some of the "hunk o' metal" chisels I've shown here are a lot harder to make than this. We used a sort of rose "kit" which was basically a bunch of clover shaped pieces of metal with a hole in them already punched out so we basically took those and sanded down any rough edges left over from the machining. Then, I spent a lot of time texturing the petals and sepal (not shown) to look nice. The hardest part was putting them together since the "stem" was like 1/8" round bar and the hole in the punched out petals was slightly smaller. So I had to forge down the end into a point, stick a forge weld on the end of the point, layer the petals in the right order and hammer them down tight, and then cap off the end by heating the top with a blowtorch and pounding it into a bolt head type cap.

After that it was largely just pealing up the petals with scrolling tongs, heating the flower part, and bending the petals to look more like a rose. Then I cut the stem a bit shorter and bent it to look a bit more natural and finished off the top with a blowtorch to give it a more interesting texture.

It was pretty fun to make, really, and looks nice for the amount of effort I put in. I might buy some more of these kits and pound out a few more roses if I have time.

"PC Game of the Year – PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds"

Yeah... That about says it all.