As usual, I'm numbed by all the Black Friday offers, and end up buying nothing.

I bought a watch strap.  Yeah.

Not even a great one.  It was like $20.

Edited by Johro

I forgot that I want an SSD! Thanks, Tiny Dust. There are probably still some offers.

Some mild spoilers for Season 2, but oh man, the Sesame Street writers have really leveled up.

Guess whom forgot their anniversary... Again.

: /   I have no problem remembering her birthday.  I don't know what my problem is.

So, the answer is 2.

How many anniversaries are you allowed to miss?

Three is too many.  Trust me.

Sigh. I've never really understood why people are so obsessed by anniversaries and birthdays. Make a repeating calendar notification and tell her that every day with her is important to you!

Why is it a thing for men to forget their anniversary so often that it's become a joke in many shows or movies?

I can see it sort of sneaking up on you---like you thought about it last week but got distracted by other things and didn't realize the date at the time. But to forget when it actually was until you're reminded, that doesn't make sense to me.

Edited by Chyron

Because it's just an arbitrary date that hasn't been drilled into your head your whole life like 25th December or whatever.

7 hours ago, TimeGentleman said:

Because it's just an arbitrary date that hasn't been drilled into your head your whole life like 25th December or whatever.

But it's not just some arbitrary date. It's the day you got married. To the person you love so much you looked them in the eyes, in front of your friends and family, and told them you would stay together no matter the cost through thick and thin for the rest of your entire life. It's significant to say the least. The only reason the date is arbitrary is because you yourself picked it.

So I don't get why it's a joke on TV for men to forget, as though its comical for the day to mean nothing to them.

Edited by Chyron

20 minutes ago, Chyron said:

But it's not just some arbitrary date. It's the day you got married. To the person you love so much you looked them in the eyes, in front of your friends and family, and told them you would stay together no matter the cost through thick and thin for the rest of your entire life. It's significant to say the least. The only reason the date is arbitrary is because you yourself picked it.

So I don't get why it's a joke on TV for men to forget, as though its comical for the day to mean nothing to them.

Because men are pigs hahaha.

giphy.gif

It IS just a date, the way any other date is a date. You not finding the date important is completely separate from whether you find the relationship important. The problem arises if your significant other finds the date important, and expects you to do something on that date. Then you have to talk about it and tell him/her that the date itself is not important to you, and explain what that means. Then you have to either

1) Work out something that works for both of you (the other one is responsible for reminding you, you stop celebrating the day entirely, you move the date to a date that's easy to remember, etc.)

or

2) Write it down in your almanac, your calender or some other place where you can find it.

The problem is not the date itself. The problem is that the significant other thinks that the relationship is not as important yo you as to him/her, since he/she remembers the date, and you don't.

(This is not directed specifically at you, Johro.)

A couple things to clear it up(doesn't make it any better.  I still accept full blame):

First, we're not married.  It's the anniversary of our first date.

Second, I think my problem is that it wasn't like one formally asked the other out and had a proper date scheduled.  We were already friends and then one day she "asked me out".  We didn't go anywhere or anything.  We just decided to be a couple one day.

Now to push more blame back onto me:

She has longstanding issues with being trivialized and forgotten.  I know this.  So yeah.  It's like the ONE thing not to %#$@&! up.  She's in her late 30's, so telling her doesn't mean anything if I don't show it.  The silver tongue doesn't cut it.

Edited by Johro

Umm.  You folks can continue talking.  It's not like my life is over or anything.  We are on speaking terms right now.  I don't know where exactly I stand, but it's not like she's refusing to talk to me.  We're both adults and we'll both survive regardless.  Now please, discuss something happier. ;)

Like how Samus Returns should be up for GOTY.  Say what you will, but Metroid and Donkey Kong Country know how to do boss fights.  I think my top 5, if not 10, would be, from exclusively, those two franchises.

Edited by Johro

54 minutes ago, Tiny Dust! said:

Saw that one coming, it's almost like epic posts the same videos in multiple communities I have in common with him,  or something!

Is there a problem?