So....

How about those crazy football fans?

BREAKING NEWS: I went to the store today and discovered that England has sent us a spotted dick sponge. I think they are expecting us to eat it. Not sure how to proceed. Can any of you guys from the UK explain to me how to eat a spotted dick? This is my first time.

http://i.imgur.com/YKG4yze.jpg

Spotted Dick is actually really good (it's actually spotted sponge pudding, as the old English spelling was puddick - the spotted part is dried fruit). It seems weird to eat a sponge pudding from a can, but I've had the Heinz canned spotted dick and enjoyed it a lot. I'm not sure what the Simpson's brand will be like, but it's possible it will be good too. The one thing I did notice in the canned Heinz version was that it's a bit dry. But if you top it with custard (which is the traditional way of eating it), or whipped cream, it's pretty tasty.

Oh I know it's nothing weird. I've got a few Brit friends in meatspace who explain these things to me. I was actually taking this picture for one of them, as she had asked me previously if it was possible to find Builders in the states. I've never tried it yet, but it seems to me like it would be pretty similar to an American "bread pudding" with some fruit. An aussie friend has advised me that one should not eat any dessert of the commonwealth that comes from a can.

i'm ready for president trump

i want to watch as america consumes itself

America would survive on account of the checks and balances in place (and I don't think Trump understands how those actually work), but maaaaaaaaaan would it be embarrassing.

BUT WHAT ABOUT JULIAN ASSANGE?! HE'S GONNA GET HER!

(Nah, he's probably not.)

Guys I recently updated to a real smartphone like real people have in the current century, and as much as I like it in some ways, I am learning even more reasons why I don't like them.

I remember my roommate was always complaining about her charger, and one time I laughed because I saw she had duct taped her charger into the wall. But now I understand all too well. Who designed these phone chargers? Do they only have floor outlets or horizontal outlets in their house? The ass on these things stick out so far they don't even support their own weight and fall out of the socket pretty much always. You'd think that would be the first problem someone would notice.

Stupid phones. T_T

Most smartphone chargers are just USB adapters these days. If it is, you could just get a light cheap one and use that instead?

In other news: I just finished my abundance of online courses for work. Woo. Now, I just have one in-class course to take in October.

If you have an android a PS Vita charger should work well. That's what I use.

If you have an android a PS Vita charger should work well. That's what I use.

First I'd have to get a PS Vita charger, but if that works!

It's very surprising, as the Brits have much tighter gun control than the U.S. It sounds like it may have been some kind of custom assembled weapon of some sort, as personal weapons are much harder to obtain and own there. And good on them.

There was a shooting here in Australia in the 90s so the government collected a bunch of guns and destroyed them. Not amass shooting since. Worked well.

There was a shooting here in Australia in the 90s so the government collected a bunch of guns and destroyed them. Not amass shooting since. Worked well.

This could never happen in America. A lot of leftists might daydream about it, but gun activists'/enthusiasts' voices are too strong. We also have constitutional originalists who believe, even if they are pro gun control, that the constitution is basically like a bible, and to alter it or edit it is some kind of governmental blasphemy. So even though they agree with gun control, revoking or editing the right to bear arms makes them hem and haw and harumph. It's just too politically tangled in the US for this to ever happen.

That's why it's illegal to sell lawn darts anywhere in the United States because they are too dangerous. Rifles are okay, though. =P

We also have constitutional originalists who believe, even if they are pro gun control, that the constitution is basically like a bible, and to alter it or edit it is some kind of governmental blasphemy.

I love when people take this stance. They know what an "amendment" is, right?

28th constitutional amendment: "Arms" are relegated to pocket knives.

Problem solved.

We also have constitutional originalists who believe, even if they are pro gun control, that the constitution is basically like a bible, and to alter it or edit it is some kind of governmental blasphemy.

I love when people take this stance. They know what an "amendment" is, right?

28th constitutional amendment: "Arms" are relegated to pocket knives.

Problem solved.

This is a common uber liberal argument, but I'm an uber liberal so:

Even if we accept that "the right to bear arms" referred to guns, the people who wrote that amendment were talking about the right to own basically muskets, which were the best guns available to most people at the time. A gun that could only fire one time and then took five minutes to reload. The people who were REALLY GOOD with muskets, e.g. trained military, could fire like three shots in the span of one minute. That's one bullet every twenty seconds. Guns that could rapid fire were basically the equivalent of a tank in those days. Only the military had them, and they were INCREDIBLY expensive, and were therefore rarely made and rarely deployed. If you owned a gun at all, you owned a gun that could fire one bullet every twenty seconds IF YOU WERE A MASTER, but one bullet every 1 to 1.5 minutes for regular people.

They weren't talking about automatic weapons for sure. But they weren't even talking about semi-automatic weapons. Or even weapons that are loaded by clips. Or even weapons that are loaded by shells!

Like imagine if a gunman who wanted to attack people got to fire one bullet, then had to disassemble the gun, put in another bullet, then reassemble it, and fire. That's basically what we're talking about.

Another common liberal sentiment I'll go ahead and agree with:

Um, the fact that women and people with non-white skin had no say in the constitution and were even GREATLY HARMED BY IT, means that SOMETIMES YOU GOTTA UPDATE.

This could never happen in America. A lot of leftists might daydream about it, but gun activists'/enthusiasts' voices are too strong. We also have constitutional originalists who believe, even if they are pro gun control, that the constitution is basically like a bible, and to alter it or edit it is some kind of governmental blasphemy. So even though they agree with gun control, revoking or editing the right to bear arms makes them hem and haw and harumph. It's just too politically tangled in the US for this to ever happen.

That's why it's illegal to sell lawn darts anywhere in the United States because they are too dangerous. Rifles are okay, though. =P

I think you'll enjoy these:

4dVcaWyNN-Q

mG_nBB6UbcA

Those videos are not available to watch in my country. I'll have to watch with a workaround later.

Those videos are not available to watch in my country. I'll have to watch with a workaround later.

You gotta watch them still they're great.

So... Britain, what the hell is going on?

Leaving the union, running with the pound, Cameron resigning, possible issue with Scotland yet again...

What's next?

Leaving the union, running with the pound, Cameron resigning, possible issue with Scotland yet again...

What's next?

It is incredibly depressing in many ways, and I fear that the terrible National Front party in France will use this as leverage in their campaign in 2017.

What's next?

Trump gets elected in America and then we all just lay down on the ground and wait for death.