Double Fine Action Forums

I was never a power rangers nerd. I think I was born like two years too late or something. But it's interesting that they're rebooting it as an ACTUAL movie, i.e. instead of using the trademark campy style of the original show and films.

Next up:

VR Troopers and Big Bad Beetleborgs!

Edited by AnAnemoneInAnonymity

Bryan Cranston (as Zordon): Hey kids, there's this evil lady named Rita Repulsa.  You need to stop her.  She took my space meth and didn't pay me back. 

Another heartbreak end for the Rangers.  :(

Edited by epic

1 hour ago, epic said:

Another heartbreak end for the Rangers.  :(

About time we had a rival outside our division though.

Shitty end to the series.  It deserved better.

We got lucky it ended in our favour.  We had no relievers left for tomorrow.

10 minutes ago, Johro said:

About time we had a rival outside our division though.

Shitty end to the series.  It deserved better.

We got lucky it ended in our favour.  We had no relievers left for tomorrow.

Tomorrow?  No your team won the series so they'll get more rest.

Just now, epic said:

Tomorrow?  No your team won the series so they'll get more rest.

That's why we were lucky.  I don't know what they would have done.

I think power rangers is something I would have been very into if it had been bigger around here when I was a kid. I only saw a little of it occasionally so I was aware of it's existence but it never hooked me.

that trailer looks very serious though

Edit: that blacksmithing looks cool

Edited by Double H

5 hours ago, Alcoremortis said:

What can I say? I'm impulsive. And the most recent impulse was to learn how to forge steel.

Next thing we know you'll be breaking the economy with masterwork iron daggers.

3 hours ago, Feddlefew said:

Next thing we know you'll be breaking the economy with masterwork iron daggers.

More like breaking my own economy. I showed off this piece and suddenly everyone I know wants a forged something or other.

8 hours ago, Noname215 said:

What?

Didn't watch the Giants game last night?

Last year, I was interested in a girl. She's from the same town as me, so we had a lot of common connections, and as I have been considering moving back home, the whole thing was quite interesting. We started to get a good connection, but then I went away for a month, and when I came back, she had started dating a friend of mine (who's from a different city). It was not a big crisis, but it was a bit annoying, and I kicked myself a bit about it. Nothing happened between the girl and me before I left, by the way, but it felt like it could have.

Two months ago, I applied for a job in my home town. I really wanted that job, and it seemed perfect for me. So when I didn't get it, I was disappointed, but nothing to do about that. I then met my friend at a party this weekend, and it turns out that HE applied for the job, too. And he got it! So now he's moving to my home town with the girl, and they just bought a flat together there.

So now it feels a bit like there was a glitch in The Matrix, causing some bits and bytes to get swapped, and I got stuck here.

2 hours ago, epic said:

Didn't watch the Giants game last night?

Oh yeah. I listened to it on the radio, Giants took the Cubs 6 to 5.

12 hours ago, Alcoremortis said:

More like breaking my own economy. I showed off this piece and suddenly everyone I know wants a forged something or other.

I kindly request a Buster Sword, please.

36 minutes ago, chyron8472 said:

I kindly request a Buster Sword, please.

It'll be awhile before I can do swords. In two weeks, I'm gonna do a letter opener though.

11 minutes ago, Feddlefew said:

New cat is nervous. Watching lets plays with her seems to calm her down/

why did you get a new cat?

2 minutes ago, Double H said:

why did you get a new cat?

She was a stray at the campus where mom works. We think she was dumped there because she's friendly, declawed, and fixed, but she was starving because she doesn't know how to hunt. 8^(

It might be a temporary situation. We'll see how she gets along with the other cats.

19 minutes ago, Feddlefew said:

She was a stray at the campus where mom works. We think she was dumped there because she's friendly, declawed, and fixed, but she was starving because she doesn't know how to hunt. 8^(

It might be a temporary situation. We'll see how she gets along with the other cats.

it's nice that you guys are tying to help her

I call my cousin Rick the cat whisperer because he takes care of all the stray cats in his area, and the local SPCA even knows about him and lets him do his thing.  Cats will come up to him when they won't come up to anyone else.  He's even had skunks be friendly towards him.