Double Fine Action Forums

Villainous looks promising for a Cartoon Network show. 

54 minutes ago, Bookdust said:

You say that like Adventure Time and Steven Universe don't exist.

They don't. Not in my head, at least.

1 hour ago, Bookdust said:

You say that like Adventure Time and Steven Universe don't exist.

I didn't mean to diss those shows.  I just like seeing new shows make their debut.

8 minutes ago, Noname215 said:

IMG_2614.JPG

IMG_2615.JPG

IMG_2616.JPG

IMG_2617.JPG

My family and I are vacationing in Montana right now.  I hope Whitefish is included.

If you're thinking those screenshots are Far Cry 5, you're wrong. That game is confirmed to be set in modern day.

These are from Red Dead Redemption 2.

9 minutes ago, Noname215 said:

If you're thinking those screenshots are Far Cry 5, you're wrong. That game is confirmed to be set in modern day.

These are from Red Dead Redemption 2.

Looking pretty good.  Hope we see more at E3.

I'm happy they brought back duel wield. Very helpful feature in Red Dead Revolver.

Damn, look at the detail. Even got a few dents in the hammers on those Schofields.

Edited by Noname215

3 minutes ago, Bookdust said:

I'm really glad I have a PS4 so I can play that at release, instead of having to wait 3 years for the superior PC version to get made.

IMG_2618.JPG

6 hours ago, epic said:

I never thought about how the character designs in Pixar films tell you everything about their characters, but it's so true. Cool video.

4 hours ago, Bidiot Bales said:

I never thought about how the character designs in Pixar films tell you everything about their characters, but it's so true. Cool video.

Seems well argued, but geez, what dull monotonous way he did that video in. But maybe that's the joke. 

Edited by CecilRousso

It's been a while since I've felt so mixed about film news as I am about the Resident Evil reboot.  I mean, I wanted this.  I just don't have faith that the new series won't be a train wreck of all new bad decisions.  Apparently there's a whole new plan in place that the director(s) will stick to.  They have to know that the game fans hated the last series.  They have to see that the recent horror game did much better than the last two action games.  Right?  Right?  I don't even buy that.

I didn't even hate the first movie as much.  I just figured: hey, zombies in a house is overdone(even back then!) and there's a lot of logistic issues with making a backtracking heavy game work in film.  Okay, so they did their own thing to start.  I wasn't happy with that, but I wasn't mad.  Then the second movie was just shit.

I have no confidence here.

9 minutes ago, CecilRousso said:

Seems well argued, but geez, what dull monotonous way he did that video in. But maybe that's the joke. 

Yeah I think that's his 'thing' as in he hates everything and feels demoralised.

2 hours ago, Bidiot Bales said:

Yeah I think that's his 'thing' as in he hates everything and feels demoralised.

I really do like IHE and his commentary on dumb social trends and events.  Should I also check out Ralph The Movie Maker?

5 hours ago, Johro said:

It's been a while since I've felt so mixed about film news as I am about the Resident Evil reboot.  I mean, I wanted this.  I just don't have faith that the new series won't be a train wreck of all new bad decisions.  Apparently there's a whole new plan in place that the director(s) will stick to.  They have to know that the game fans hated the last series.  They have to see that the recent horror game did much better than the last two action games.  Right?  Right?  I don't even buy that.

I didn't even hate the first movie as much.  I just figured: hey, zombies in a house is overdone(even back then!) and there's a lot of logistic issues with making a backtracking heavy game work in film.  Okay, so they did their own thing to start.  I wasn't happy with that, but I wasn't mad.  Then the second movie was just shit.

I have no confidence here.

Well, James Wan is involved. As long as it's a HORROR movie, I have no problem with it.

It's funny and sad when an acquaintance posts an idea you know is dead before it hits the ground.

"I have an idea for a new radio show!"

...And they don't mean music.  They're talking about the shit our parents(and grandparents) grew up listening to on AM radio.

5 minutes ago, Anemone said:

Those are called podcasts now.

That's what he does... In an AM radio style, which would be fine if he was talented in that way.  Unfortunately, the fellow has the mindset that just because he enjoys something, he deserves to be successful at it.  I do mean "deserves".  He has ranted off on friends for not supporting his endeavors.  By support, he means financially.  Friends should give him money and support his random crowdfunding campaigns with no promises of anything.

Now it sounds like I'm ranting.  

My high school bud is getting married tomorrow so tonight me and a bunch of other guys are holding a roast.

16 hours ago, Feddlefew said:

I applied for two jobs today.

What kind of jobs?

1 hour ago, fargetv said:

What kind of jobs?

There's a hardware store with openings for a cashier and a sales associate, and I have prior experience working at a greenhouse.

22 minutes ago, Feddlefew said:

There's a hardware store with openings for a cashier and a sales associate, and I have prior experience working at a greenhouse.

That sounds fun! You can learn everything about those little things that people need to fix stuff. People will love you for that. And you can stock up on those things yourself for later in life.