Double Fine Action Forums

I still really want to play Resident Evil 7, but I'm too scared everytime I try, and I just turn it off. I tried with a friend, too, but he was more afraid than me.

Everyone knows that by joining DFAF and posting in off-topic you have entered an implicit by legally binding agreement that you are internet married to hot.

This is all just hot's internet polygamy cult.

2 hours ago, Bookdust said:

Hahaha, you can't talk.

lol i guess you're right

will hot ever know the touch of a women????????

or a man????????

i would take a man at this point, tbh

find out next thread!!!!!!!!!!!! 

1 hour ago, fargetv said:

I still really want to play Resident Evil 7, but I'm too scared everytime I try, and I just turn it off. I tried with a friend, too, but he was more afraid than me.

Take a drink of liquid courage, tighten your belt, and give it hell! 

Well, my only advice (which should be taken with as much salt as that picture bookdust posted) is just go out and do stuff you like doing and hope you meet someone. 

Unfortunately, given my tastes, most of the people I meet are over 50 and married already.

Thinking about saving some money and then applying to work at an American summer camp in the future. I've always liked the idea, I like working with kids, and it would get me out and doing something other than studying for a course I dislike and gaming. I have experience doing the after school program at a local church, and I've been invited to volunteer at a New Year's family camp this year (in Australia) after I went last year as a camper and the staff liked me, so I have experience. 

Can any Americans here tell me if that's a good or bad idea? Would I be the odd one out for having an Aussie accent? Are the camps hellish? Are they awesome? Are they Wet, Hot and American?

As long as it isn't Camp Northstar or Camp Crystal Lake, you'll be fine.

Just be prepared to resort to certain Aussie stereotypes in order to make the kids happy. As a guy who was once a camp counselor, I can testify that they can and will single out people with accents.

Edited by Noname215

The only camp I ever went to was an Opus Dei camp where roughly a third of the time was spent praying. 

The other two thirds were quite fun, though. I'd say go for it. People love Aussie accents, though you'll probably get a few 'throw a shrimp on the barbie' jokes.

@Noname215 Huehuehue okay I'll leave my machete and knives at home then.

Haha alright I'll brush up on all the Aussie movies that were popular in the US, that should cover me.

1 minute ago, Alcoremortis said:

The only camp I ever went to was an Opus Dei camp where roughly a third of the time was spent praying. 

The other two thirds were quite fun, though. I'd say go for it. People love Aussie accents, though you'll probably get a few 'throw a shrimp on the barbie' jokes.

While I'm not an athiest or agnostic, I despise jesus camps, they are thought control and preying on kids malleable minds to try and convince them of all sorts of BS. I'll be avoiding those if possible. Much prefer the classic activities based camps.

Here in Australia our 'summer camps' are mostly 1-2 weeks long rather than the whole of summer, so I don't have experience with going that long, but it'd be interesting. Though I can't fathom what the hell you'd do for 3 months at a camp site, just a cycle of swimming, long walks, games, and eating I guess?

And of course honing psychic powers.

Well, the camp I went to was only one week long, thankfully.

My parents aren't really super religious, so it was kinda hilarious going to a place that was so religious, but they won two tickets for a cruise, so my brother and I had to go to camp. My brother had Boy Scout camp, and I picked a camp that my friends were going to. And my friends were hardcore Catholics, so I ended up at Opus Dei camp.

Still, hardcore religiousing aside, it was still fun. I did a ropes course and we played a campwide game of Serial Killer, and there was a synchronized swimming class. All in all, it was pretty fun, just with morning Mass every morning and a rosary every evening, and some bible study in the middle. I probably would have had a worse time if I'd gone to a secular camp without my friends.

Google tells me Opus Dei was an all-girls camp, are mixed camps common? I probably wouldn't want to go to a camp with all boys or all girls.

Literally everything I know about these camps is movies and psychonauts.

I think there's definitely a number of mixed camps out there. They wouldn't be so cliche otherwise. I mainly ended up at an all-girls one because of how conservative my friends' parents were.

I play several. Piano, French Horn, pitched percussion, sometimes I'll pick up the accordion or guitar and noodle around a bit. I can usually get a tune out of anything if I fiddle with it long enough.

Mostly guitar here. A little bit of piano and some flute. Also have a harmonica and violin kicking around.

14 hours ago, fargetv said:

Still haven't played a single Resident Evil game, on any platform. Not one minute. 

But for me it's rather that I despise the idea of zombie games, rather then being afraid. :) 

7 minutes ago, CecilRousso said:

Still haven't played a single Resident Evil game, on any platform. Not one minute. 

But for me it's rather that I despise the idea of zombie games, rather then being afraid. :) 

If you like puzzle games, you might like Resident Evil Remake (which is on Steam). I keep talking about this game all the time here, but it's really good. It's not zombie-centric the way Left 4 Dead is zombie-centric.

I don't care about zombies at all, but I love that game.

But what do you not like about zombie games?

The best zombie movies (Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, 28 Days Later) are about how dire situations bring the worst out of humankind or are satires of a particular way of life. Unless you're doing a send up of the zombie subgenre like with Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland, Dead Alive/Braindead or Return of the Living Dead, usually that's what it is going to come down to.

Zombie video games, although I at times like them, are not like that. They are meant to be these action packed gore fests with either super serious military types or these badass Rambo types who now their way through hordes with a chainsaw and an M60. Sure, on occasion it works like with the original Resident Evil, Left 4 Dead and the original Dead Rising, but at this point they've yet to come out with a zombie game in the past ten years that has any real innovation.

He's going to lose that.  He doesn't even do it properly.  He does the "Spider-man".  Good luck taking on Disney.

I do love how people have been posting pictures of folks doing it from long before he says he created it.

Welcome to modern technology, Geno... Chaim... Whatever he wants to call himself.

Edited by Johro

On 6/16/2017 at 0:13 AM, Noname215 said:

Who here besides me and @Anemone knows how to play an instrument

I have a love for getting new instruments.  I'm not proficient in any, but I can play the ones I have:

Bongos, guitar, banjo, ukelele, and rainstick.

I just ordered a didgeridoo, and will learn it once I get it. :D

I can also play the drums and the clarinet to an extent, as those were the instruments I learned to play in school.

So, I'm on the bass, Anemone on rhythm, and Noname on lead.  Just need a drummer and a screaming singer for the band.

41 minutes ago, epic said:

So, I'm on the bass, Anemone on rhythm, and Noname on lead.  Just need a drummer and a screaming singer for the band.

"We're the Psychonauts, and we're here to kick your ass!"

*cue the bassline*