Double Fine Action Forums

Well they stuck to their guns.  The "US trailer" can only be seen if you're in the US.

14 hours ago, Noname215 said:

That's pretty funny.

I'm doing a marathon of Romero movies later this week in honor of a horror icon.

Night of the Living Dead

Dawn of the Dead

Day of the Dead

Creepshow

Martin

The Crazies

Working by myself at the office this week. Kinda suck. I could pretty much do nothing, and get payed for it, but really trying to find stuff to do, so it doesn't become to boring. 

Right now spending time building a copy&paste function for a critical part in our admin system, so that's something I think will be appreciated. 

But Offices are really not meant for one person. 

34 minutes ago, CecilRousso said:

Working by myself at the office this week. Kinda suck. I could pretty much do nothing, and get payed for it, but really trying to find stuff to do, so it doesn't become to boring. 

Right now spending time building a copy&paste function for a critical part in our admin system, so that's something I think will be appreciated. 

But Offices are really not meant for one person. 

I had the same thing two summers ago. I was lonely. The cafeteria was also closed. I really liked singing out loud, as I can never do that in the office otherwise. Feels liberating!

Edited by fargetv

14 minutes ago, Bookdust said:

So I am super anxious right now and I'm getting paranoid.

I tend to do stupid things when I get like this. I'm trying to avoid doing stupid things.

Best to take it easy and avoid making decisions IMO. I'll be in IRC for a while if you want to chat.

16 hours ago, fargetv said:

I had the same thing two summers ago. I was lonely. The cafeteria was also closed. I really liked singing out loud, as I can never do that in the office otherwise. Feels liberating!

I'm not singing, not even then. :) But I can understand the feeling. 

I know the feeling. When I can't talk to people I usually talk to, some part of me automatically assumes they're avoiding me, even when I know they're probably just doing their own stuff.

My solution is usually to binge on something, either absorbing creative media or creating it.

1 hour ago, Bookdust said:

Far as things go with me, I handled the whole situation reasonably well, usually my anxiety gets the best of me and I make a mountain out of a molehill.

That's good.

While I do not suffer from anxiety, I do happen to expect the worst out of every situation as well.  That seemed to go rather well to me too.  Couples can be weird about that stuff.  Suspicious if you care too much, but sometimes that's just the way it is.  I'm kind of like dog in that regard.  It's a pack mentality.  If anyone screws with my knit group, I get defensive and aggressive, even if they are "just a friend" by all accounts.

Hello everyone in this bonkers thread!

There seems to have been some things going on in here of late that have caused some worry and angst amongst our moderation team, and so cause worry and angst for me too. So I just wanted to interrupt this broadcast to say a few words.

Mainly: Please just remember that it may not seem like it but this is a video game company's official message board. I know it sucks to be pulled up for something that feels super innocent, but we have to maintain a safe and welcoming environment in here.

Please DO look to your friends here if you are feeling low or want friendly advice. But please also be mindful of what you are posting publicly, and know that by doing so you are inviting the entire internet into your personal life, and they might say something you don't want to hear. Maybe use private messages for this?

Please DO listen to the moderation team, they have all of our best interests at heart.

Due to its random and endlessly flowing nature this thread is a nightmare to watch over and moderate, indeed we killed off the previous version of this thread before because it became a land of tension and arguments. We have tolerated this one existing, and will continue to do so, as long as it doesn't cause more moderation headaches.

Most of this discussion would really be better suited to private group messages, where you would be free to say and post literally anything you liked away from the concerned eyes of the moderation team. But (for the time being at least) we'll continue to support this type of conversation thread as long as you can keep it friendly, keep it safe, keep it fun, and aren't being assholes to one another in here.

Our forum rules still apply here ok?

OK GOOD Thanks all, back to the nonsense...

come on guys, i literally after posting this had to moderate the last post before mine, which was an image with a huge swearword emblazoned across it.

images are not exempt from the rules, please just... think before you post ok?

@SpaffMy apologies.  I posted it from my phone.  I couldn't find the rules while surfing the site and didn't realize the amended no swear rule.

20 hours ago, Bookdust said:

That's a fun wrinkle for my social life.

It's a bit awkward for everyone.  I could see that.  I've been there too.  Plus with all the social drama at my various jobs, I had to learn to actually think about what I'm going to say.  I'm absolutely terrible at it, but I'm still trying.  Can't say certain words to certain people, talk about certain people to certain people, venture into certain topics... etc.

It probably is best to try and avoid talking about her unless he brings it up, especially if it seems like you're poking into his private life from his point of view.  I hope things get better for you.

Chester Bennington of Linkin Park has died at 41.

21 hours ago, epic said:

@SpaffMy apologies.  I posted it from my phone.  I couldn't find the rules while surfing the site and didn't realize the amended no swear rule.

Apology accepted HOWEVER you've been posting here long enough to know full well that we don't, and have never, allowed the more hardcore end of swear words on these forums.

Grilled pimento cheese sandwiches is good.

Edit: if you want meat and/or additional vegetables on your pimento cheese sandwich, use shredded chicken and spinach.

Mine has always been chicken, bacon, Swiss cheese, lettuce, red onion and mayo on sourdough.

Or provolone, cheddar and Swiss with bacon, toasted, also with sourdough.

I've always been a cold cuts fan with melted cheese(usually swiss because it doesn't make me ill).  I do love me some bacon though.  Chicken is always good too.  I just love meat.  Sorry vegetarians. 

7 minutes ago, Johro said:

I just love meat.  Sorry vegetarians. 

Hell yeah