Double Fine Action Forums

2 hours ago, Noname215 said:

What is the ideal sandwich

Step 1 - Get rid of the lettuce. 
Step 2 - ????
Step 3 - Profit 

Rocko's Modern Life and Hey Arnold are coming back.  What year is it?!

10 minutes ago, epic said:

Rocko's Modern Life and Hey Arnold are coming back.  What year is it?!

Animaniacs and Invader Zim, too.

Also heard something about reboots of Ed Edd N Eddy, Space Ghost and an overly politicized reboot of Johnny Bravo.

"from cinematic game-changer Seven Spielberg": I really hope this is tied into the tone of the movie and not something that all movie promotion is going to start doing. It was bad enough when they referred to Zack Synder as a "visionary.director".

BREAD

sauce of your choosing

sausages

hot chips

potato chips

butter

BREAD

This is empirically the greatest sandwich. Can only be eaten at a picnic ground.

8 hours ago, TimeGentleman said:

"from cinematic game-changer Seven Spielberg": I really hope this is tied into the tone of the movie and not something that all movie promotion is going to start doing. It was bad enough when they referred to Zack Synder as a "visionary.director".

The trailer hooked me in three ways:

1. Using 'Pure Imagination' from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory

2. The Iron Giant

3. The DeLorean (hopefully it's not gushing with pop culture filler like in Cline's novel).

If the trailer had included Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, my entire childhood would have been put on display.

1 hour ago, TimeGentleman said:

Did you notice Freddy?

Of course. 

Also Duke Nukem, Gandalf, Deathstroke, Harley Quinn, Conan The Barbarian, Mad Max's Interceptor, Christine, Kitt, the Halo assault rifle, the ostriches from Joust, and Lara Croft

I'm making a mild white chili for one of my friend's family pretty soon. I'm trying to decided between using shredded chicken thighs or ground turkey, but it's an easier recipe.

Of course. 

I'm surprised you didn't list him as one your hooks, then, as you're a big Nightmare fan!

8 hours ago, TimeGentleman said:

I'm surprised you didn't list him as one your hooks, then, as you're a big Nightmare fan!

I am a NOES fan. So much so I wrote a fan script for a NOES movie (see the Double Fine Group of Fine Writings thread).

However, I didn't become a horror fan (or at least in the way of R-rated horror films) until the 5th grade. The Iron Giant, Back to the Future and Willy Wonka were three of my favorite movies as a child (along with Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and Bedknobs & Broomsticks), so they are closer to the heart.

Edited by Noname215

54 minutes ago, Noname215 said:

...so they are closer to the heart.

*Cues Rush*

1 hour ago, Noname215 said:

I am a NOES fan. So much so I wrote a fan script for a NOES movie (see the Double Fine Group of Fine Writings thread).

However, I didn't become a horror fan (or at least in the way of R-rated horror films) until the 5th grade. The Iron Giant, Back to the Future and Willy Wonka were three of my favorite movies as a child (along with Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and Bedknobs & Broomsticks), so they are closer to the heart.

Funny story, my uncle is an extra in Bedknobs and Broomsticks. So I watched that movie a ton when I was a kid and practically memorized it.

This also gives me a Kevin Bacon number of 2.

Damn it.  I'm only a 3.   My theatre instructor was in Santa's Slay with Fran Drescher, whom was in The Big Picture with Kevin.

7 minutes ago, Alcoremortis said:

Funny story, my uncle is an extra in Bedknobs and Broomsticks. So I watched that movie a ton when I was a kid and practically memorized it.

This also gives me a Kevin Bacon number of 2.

I'm related to William Holden through my grandfather (well, according to him) and one of my cousins is married to a relative of Kevin Smith, who I've been able to meet a few times because of that marriage.

Since @Bookdust seems to have gone AWOL again I see the writing thread has vanished.

Should I just start a "Double Fine Group of Fine Writings 2: Electric Boogaloo" or something?

Shedding some light here for people, it was removed by the thread's OP deleting the first post. Posts in the thread are not lost for good. Give us a few days to work out a good course of action here.

9 hours ago, Cheeseness said:

Shedding some light here for people, it was removed by the thread's OP deleting the first post. Posts in the thread are not lost for good. Give us a few days to work out a good course of action here.

is it possible to bring it back and then change the author of the first post? or if that doesn't work, maybe bring it back, immediately lock it and just let noname start a new thread 

Edited by hot

On 7/23/2017 at 3:03 PM, Feddlefew said:

I'm making a mild white chili for one of my friend's family pretty soon. I'm trying to decided between using shredded chicken thighs or ground turkey, but it's an easier recipe.

MILD chili?! Be gone from here!

MILD chili?! Be gone from here!

My friend and co. believe you over season something if "paprika" is whispered in the next room. Can't scare them off too soon.

17 hours ago, Cheeseness said:

Can't you create a new thread, merge the old, the remove the original post?  I'm not too familiar with the forum tools here.

8 hours ago, hot said:

is it possible to bring it back and then change the author of the first post? or if that doesn't work, maybe bring it back, immediately lock it and just let noname start a new thread 

There are a few options available. Give us a few days to work out a good course of action here.

Edit: If posting immediately is important, there's no reason to not make new threads. The scope that we're looking at is much broader than a couple of topics and it warrants a few days' consideration.

On 7/25/2017 at 3:29 PM, Cheeseness said:

Following up n this, all affected threads have been restored. Enjoy.