Double Fine Action Forums

20 minutes ago, Alcoremortis said:

I'm shocked that the movie that cast Sir Patrick Stewart as poop is reviewing poorly.

Did you see the meme post involving Stewart I posted yesterday?

i know you don't want any advice bookdust so i will just talk about my own life instead 

one time i sort of got emotionally invested in this girl because we would spend a lot of time together and she would stare into my eyes and put her head on my shoulder and do stuff like that a lot 

it was all going pretty well until one day when she did something that kind of pissed me off (i don't even really remember what, tbh) and then i somewhat arrogantly and perhaps unnecessarily demanded an apology from her and she decided that she was going to take a stand there even though it would have been really easy for her to just say "sorry" and be done with it. (we were both pretty stubborn kids, lol.) anyway basically we kind of hated each other's guts and then she started dating some other guy who i was friends with and it was just A TIME OF MANY CONFLICTED EMOTIONS FOR HOT, okay? 

so ultimately i just didn't really talk to them that much for two years until i went home and bumped into the guy once and we then hung out for a hour and later i saw that girl again and i felt totally okay with talking to her and it reminded me of what our relationship was like before, minus the cuddling, which i didn't really have a deep need for anymore anyway. now we all like each other's dumb stuff on facebook all the time and i feel pretty good about it. 

SO

WHAT IS THE MORAL OF THIS STORY?

i think the moral is that if you are at a point where your emotions are just too much to handle, sometimes it can be better to just break off regular contact. you don't have to be mean about it, but just unfollow them on facebook and gradually stop talking to them and make up excuses if they invite you places. if you work with them, seriously consider looking for a new job. the point is that you just need that SPACE for your emotions to simmer down, and then once that happens and you don't feel as strongly about her anymore, then it will be much easier to be genuinely cool about everything and then you can be a normal friend to her instead of being secretly angsty all the time. 

ok good talk, remember that i'm not talking about your personal situation, just talking about a situation from my own life that may or may not bear any similarities to your situation, so, like, don't get pissed at me 

45 minutes ago, Tiny Dust! said:

Re:Creators is a class above meta-commentary on the creative process and the importance of narrative to our lives. If you're into that, or just really good anime, you should check it out.

giphy.gif

Are you into mainstream anime like One Piece or Dragon Ball Super?

My current favorite is Yuri on Ice, which I was avoiding for awhile because I'm a grump and hate wonder. Well, I say current favorite, but it's more like the only anime that I've completed in the last five years. But the skating animation is sooooo pretty. 

8875955aedefb23ed0c984d502ac5136.gif

The story's pretty good too.

Oh, @epic, I also watch My Hero Academia. That's pretty mainstream.

I've enjoyed what I've watched of Yuri!!! On ICE so far. My only problem with it as an English speaking viewer is that the show has such rapid dialogue and has so much text overlays to translate all at once that the information density on screen becomes difficult to parse. I'm pretty good at reading the rapid subtitles in a lot of modern anime, partially by understanding context and speed reading. But Yuri!!! is often explaining the very complex sport of Figure Skating in great detail and it can be hard to keep up.

3 hours ago, Tiny Dust! said:

Oh, @epic, I also watch My Hero Academia. That's pretty mainstream.

I've enjoyed what I've watched of Yuri!!! On ICE so far. My only problem with it as an English speaking viewer is that the show has such rapid dialogue and has so much text overlays to translate all at once that the information density on screen becomes difficult to parse. I'm pretty good at reading the rapid subtitles in a lot of modern anime, partially by understanding context and speed reading. But Yuri!!! is often explaining the very complex sport of Figure Skating in great detail and it can be hard to keep up.

Both of those shows are good choices.  Anyways, if any of you need some explanation on One Piece or Dragon Ball Super, I'll be there.  Also, where's our anime thread?

5 hours ago, Alcoremortis said:

My current favorite is Yuri on Ice, which I was avoiding for awhile because I'm a grump and hate wonder. Well, I say current favorite, but it's more like the only anime that I've completed in the last five years. But the skating animation is sooooo pretty. 

8875955aedefb23ed0c984d502ac5136.gif

The story's pretty good too.

looks like rotoscoping