Double Fine Action Forums

9 hours ago, Noname215 said:

Guy, I am pissed. I am beyond pissed. Bruce Campbell went out and said that's because of online piracy, there may not be a fourth season of Ash Vs. Evil Dead, currently my favorite show on TV. Because not enough people are willing to fork over some cash for it, be I think DVDs or subscriptions to STARZ, there may not be enough financial incentive for a fourth season.

I.... HATE online pirates. I hate them so much.

For anyone interested: http://www.oregonlive.com/tv/2017/10/bruce_campbell_on_his_new_book.html

Campbell's not sure if there will be a fourth season of "Ash vs. Evil Dead."

"Our bosses have new bosses now," he says referring to the Lionsgate entertainment company's acquisition of the Starz cable network. "Ash vs. Evil Dead" has done very well in DVD sales, and is distributed overseas, Campbell says. "We're also one of the most illegally downloaded shows. What does that say about our fans? They're a bunch of jerks -- 'We want it, we like it, we just don't want to pay for it.'"

Campbell says Season 3 is "very solid," and if it should prove to be the final one for "Ash vs. Evil Dead," "we made sure our storyline was wrapped up in a good way."

It doesn't sound like he's drawing direct links, h'es just saying he doesn't know if there'll  be one and then talking about some possible contributing factors. What's more, high pirating numbers don't necessarily kill a show. The ten most pirated of 2016 are all very successful and unlikely to get cancelled because of it.

I'm in the UK and subscribed to Netflix and Amazon but AvED hasn't come on either. I don't think there's a VOD service I could get over here to watch it on, but even if there were I couldn't justify a third sub. I'd like to get it on blu-ray but the prices are ridiculous at the moment. So I'm just waiting for it to budge on one of those two fronts.

22 hours ago, Noname215 said:

Guy, I am pissed. I am beyond pissed. Bruce Campbell went out and said that's because of online piracy, there may not be a fourth season of Ash Vs. Evil Dead, currently my favorite show on TV. Because not enough people are willing to fork over some cash for it, be I think DVDs or subscriptions to STARZ, there may not be enough financial incentive for a fourth season.

I.... HATE online pirates. I hate them so much.

I would have much more sympathy for him, if trying to be a paying customer for tv shows wasn't such a chore so very often. I subscribe to three different streaming services, I'm prepared to buy individual tv shows digitally if I'm allowed, and yet I'm very often left out. I only use illegal streaming sites as a last resort, but it happens. Now I haven't tried to follow his show specifically, but others have pushed me to using illegal methods. Something I'm not using for movies, games or music at all. But for TV shows, the ones selling them need to up their game. 

Next to the intro, Michael Myers under the sheet just staring at the girl is my favorite scene.

I love the scene because putting on that sheet and then the glasses over it is such a goofy-ass thing for Michael to do. It's a nice choice here because it reflects the remix as also being a weird alternate version of something (and one could read humility into the choice of the more frivolous version too).

I'm going to a book signing tomorrow to meet Bruce Campbell. I'm nervous as all hell but very excited.

10 hours ago, Noname215 said:

I'm going to a book signing tomorrow to meet Bruce Campbell. I'm nervous as all hell but very excited.

That should be awesome. I'd love to meet The Chin himself. Be sure to let us know how it goes! :)

13 hours ago, Noname215 said:

I'd love to meet him, but he tends to only go to places of warmer climate.

Wish I could get his first book signed.  I literally waited for the store open to buy it and it didn't disappoint.

55 minutes ago, Leroy Octopus said:

https://tinyurl.com/y8yr9dc9

The Switch selling well is a given at this point, but I'm just excited about Metroid debuting at #8!

Breaking News!  Nintendo is floored that people like sidescrollers!

Seriously though, I hope they do take that to heart.

Did not get to get a photo of me and the main man. Line was moving too fast. So I settled for a handshake.

When he picked me to ask him a question after doing a reading from his new book (which I also got signed), I was initially going to ask him that as an actor in horror films, what does he thinks helps to build genuine tension and suspense. 

But that would have taken too long. So I asked him if he preferred Curly or Shemp. He said Shemp, him being ugly helped make him funnier and Curly is too easy. He specifically told me to study Shemp.

Edited by Noname215

Of course he said Shemp.  That was their big in-joke in school.  I'd be disappointed if he said otherwise.

He talked about some pretty interesting stuff like life in rural Oregon and Sam Raimi's on set physical abuse of actors.

I'm kicking myself over not asking about that sequel he was supposed to make to My Name Is Bruce, called Bruce Vs Frankenstein.

%#$@&!ing Crystal Dynamics is tweeting Legacy of Kain shit right after Amy Hennig's Star Wars project fell about, and my heart can't handle this.

On 10/19/2017 at 11:27 PM, Tiny Dust! said:

Screw the photo, I'd take the handshake any day.

Got a handshake with Ozzy Osbourne at an I Am Ozzy book signing.

It's a weird feeling that NeoGAF is gone (at least for now). It was a constant tab open for me in the browser over many years, with so many discussions over so many topics. 

On 10/13/2017 at 3:54 PM, TimeGentleman said:

I love the scene because putting on that sheet and then the glasses over it is such a goofy-ass thing for Michael to do. It's a nice choice here because it reflects the remix as also being a weird alternate version of something (and one could read humility into the choice of the more frivolous version too).

Reznor and Ross should do an album of redone horror movie themes. You got Halloween, so while they're at it throw in The Exorcist or Suspiria.

6 hours ago, CecilRousso said:

It's a weird feeling that NeoGAF is gone (at least for now). It was a constant tab open for me in the browser over many years, with so many discussions over so many topics. 

Same here. And I just started hanging out in the Community section too! Really regretting not getting on the community Discord channel.

If I didn't have so much to do today, I'd already be going into withdrawal. I hope like someone else takes over and brings it back, but I feel that's unlikely. Maybe everyone will migrate to Doublefine! (this is a joke! this is a joke!)