Double Fine Action Forums

Oooh, this is that manga thing James Cameron has been trying to get made for years! On paper I'm hyped (Cameron and Rodriguez do a big sci-fi thing!) but that trailer didn't sell me and Rodriguez hasn't done anything good since Planet Terror ten years ago.

I think the cast is perfect, the effects look pretty decent, and I'm hoping Robert Rodriguez pulls it off. I'd like to see him get his groove back (hated the Spy Kids movies, Machete Kills, and Sin City 2), especially before he heads into Escape From New York.

Edit: Ed Lee, the mayor of San Francisco, has passed away.

Edited by Noname215

Disney has bought the entire Fox / 20th Century Fox conglomerate! This makes them the most powerful company in Hollywood, which is a bit disturbing. But I see two bright stars:

1) The Fox News channel might improve.

2) We may actually get the original Star Wars movies on Blu-Ray.

Oh no. Fox News will be part of a new company that's not sold to Disney. And I guess they'll have infinite money now.

Nutcracker: meh. Visually interesting, but I don't see anything to really hook me.

Oceans 8: Well. It looks like an Oceans 11 movie. Just with women. So. Yeah.

Mortal Engines: HOLY CRAP

Mortal Engines is one of my two beach books! They're the only books I take to read on the beach, and I only ever read them while at the beach, to limit the number of books of mine that get filled with sand. As such I've been reading it for two years and only 3/4 of the way through, so I'm not watching the trailer yet, haha. I think it's a pretty fun story so far.

Nutcracker: I'm glad Disney aren't just remaking another one of their old films, but this looks very much in the Alice/Beauty & Beast vein that doesn't interest me that much.

Oceans 8: I don't have any feelings about the Oceans franchise one way or the other. Judging this as its own thing, it doesn't seem particularly funny, cool or interesting.

Mortal Engines: Looks like it could be pretty fun. If Jackson et al can curb their worst impulses and make something more like The Frighteners, I'll be very happy.

21 hours ago, ⛸Coolsome on Ice⛸ said:

My 2 day old nephew Evan. 

Congratulations.

On 21.12.2017 at 12:51 AM, ⛸Coolsome on Ice⛸ said:

CONGRATS. He looks gorgeous and you look so happy!!

... looking forward to holding my niece like that. Though I'll probably cry. March 16th, if all goes exceptionally well!

On 12/20/2017 at 5:51 PM, ⛸Coolsome on Ice⛸ said:

DRgshoGXcAISK-b.jpg

Congrats man!  You'll be an awesome uncle!

Edit: No, not just that, you'll become THE ULTIMATE UNCLE!

Edited by epic