Double Fine Action Forums

This is one of the annoying conceits of the Uncharted series, but I'm glad that it earned us this joke re: the game awards.

unchartedjoke.png

Edited by AnAnemoneInAnonymity

Congrats to all the Overwatch fans and players and the staff at Blizzard Entertainment for winning GOTY!

20 minutes ago, epic said:

Congrats to all the Overwatch fans and players and the staff at Blizzard Entertainment for winning GOTY!

I'd say it was well deserved.

Gah, I just looked up the winner list for the game awards and reading them made me so god damn mad. Not because of who won (although I disagree with SEVERAL of the choices) but because the whole show every category is like:

SOME AWARD WHO CARES AWARD

--DOOM

--Overwatch

--Uncharted 4

--Titanfall 2

YADDA YADDA GAME AWARD

--DOOM

--Overwatch

--Uncharted 4

--Titanfall 2

DOES THE CATEGORY REALLY MATTER AWARD

--DOOM

--Overwatch

--Uncharted 4

--Titanfall 2

Boy, I wish I had enough money to start MY own award show and just give every award to all my favorite games.

Edited by AnAnemoneInAnonymity

2 minutes ago, AnAnemoneInAnonymity said:

Gah, I just looked up the winner list for the game awards and reading them made me so god damn mad. Not because of who won (although I disagree with SEVERAL of the choices) but because the whole show every category is like:

SOME AWARD WHO CARES AWARD

--DOOM

--Overwatch

--Uncharted 4

--Titanfall 2

YADDA YADDA GAME AWARD

--DOOM

--Overwatch

--Uncharted 4

--Titanfall 2

DOES THE CATEGORY REALLY MATTER AWARD

--DOOM

--Overwatch

--Uncharted 4

--Titanfall 2

Boy, I wish I had enough money to start MY own award show and just give every award to all my favorite games.

What's wrong with those four games? 

5 minutes ago, AnAnemoneInAnonymity said:

rmoge0pbpxc8iyeey1vf.jpg

Oh this shit again!

Yeah so there were common noms in certain categories, but nothing wrong with those games.

People disappear 
The music fades away 
Splashing through the rain 
I'll dream with them one day

10 hours ago, epic said:

Oh this shit again!

Yeah so there were common noms in certain categories, but nothing wrong with those games.

Let me put it this way epic. It's like I opened up a new bag of jolly ranchers and looked inside, but all of the jolly rangers were apple. Every one of them.

And I was like, "WTF?! Why is there only apple?!" 

And then you said, "Hey man, apple rules. Why don't you like apple?"

Do you not understand how this misses the point?

20 hours ago, CorruptBiggins said:

I'm having a tough time right now and I don't know if I should be sharing this or even if anyone cares but I might as well try.

I've been with my girlfriend for a little over a year and a half and it's never been easy what with her ex, health problems and not living near each other usually meant we only saw each other about about once or twice a month. I'll admit it was tough but there was always hope for the future, at least that's what we talked about with the plan that I could move in with her once I finished my undergraduate degree, which I did in the summer, especially as I was thinking about doing post graduate study nearer where she lives. So I applied for the masters course and got accepted in September and we had planned that I would move in October but a serious diagnosis (don't want to go into detail here) first delayed and eventually stopped this plan mainly because her kids (from previous relationship) were having problems (understandably) and the daughter that was going to move out so I could move in didn't (it was not 100% necessary but it also kinda was). So I ended up moving into student accommodation at my uni with bit of help financially from her. But now I haven't heard from her in nearly two weeks with the last message I got saying that she was in hospital. At the time it wasn't that surprising and I expected not to hear from her for a few days but there's been nothing since that message and all ways I've tried to get hold of her have failed. I've even tried reaching out to her daughter on facebook (who is the only other family member that I've met and that was only briefly) but have had no response so far and I don't think I'll get one either. I'm kind of freaking out a bit here, as I've no idea what is going on or where she is or what to do or anything.

I don't expect anyone can actually help, expect for the people involved but I just needed to get it off my chest for a little bit. Sorry for the downer, you can get back to the normal nonsense now.

Sorry to hear that! It sounds really tough to deal with. I hope she's okay, and is able to handle her health issues. It must be difficult for you to not able to get to her when she's sick.

Rooster Teeth needs more love around here.  This is Uno: The Movie!

1 minute ago, Coolsome said:

I'm sick of you pretending you're a detective. We should split up

Me: Good idea. We can cover more ground that way.

"Let's go. You first."
"Wait, I'm going first?"
"I'm sorry, maybe you forgot who's calling the shots around here, so let me make it perfectly clear: I'm in charge, you're leading, I'm following."

4 hours ago, Coolsome said:

All I care about is they showed a new Zelda trailer.

+1

4 minutes ago, Coolsome said:

Naughty Dog is busy,

With that and the Chloe DLC for Uncharted 4.

Edited by epic

1 minute ago, Coolsome said:

Do they have anything to do with Crash? Or is someone else doing it all.

Yes, they're doing the Crash Remastered.

TIL: Don't try to run Pokemon Uranium as a non-steam app through Steam. For some reason that royally f***ks up the game and makes it run suuuuuuuuper slooooooooow.