Double Fine Action Forums

15 minutes ago, Noname215 said:

I mean, those games do have a multiple ending thing.

4 only has one ending unlike the other games.

22 minutes ago, epic said:

4 only has one ending unlike the other games.

The devs have done f**ked up big time. They didn't bring back Frank's original voice actor like everyone wanted, they took out the timer, then most of the side missions, and now they took away the possibility of having good or bad endings?!

IMG_2085.GIF

Edited by Noname215

1 hour ago, Noname215 said:

The devs have done f**ked up big time. They didn't bring back Frank's original voice actor like everyone wanted, they took out the timer, then most of the side missions, and now they took away the possibility of having good or bad endings?!

IMG_2085.GIF

And don't forget they replaced the psychopaths with maniacs and didn't even give them cutscenes.  Going back to the roots of Dead Rising, yeah right!

1 hour ago, Coolsome said:

Gamers under the age of 25: "Crash who?"

1 hour ago, AnAnemoneInAnonymity said:

Gamers under the age of 25: "Crash who?"

And then they all yell out, "Hey, where's my Call of Duty?!"

3 hours ago, epic said:

And don't forget they replaced the psychopaths with maniacs and didn't even give them cutscenes.  Going back to the roots of Dead Rising, yeah right!

Someone ought to be fired. Call the president elect.

I mean they're forcing us to pay for overtime mode just to see the true ending! WHAT THE F**CK?

Edited by Noname215

1 hour ago, Coolsome said:

There selling it to old farts with money. anyway. ? 

Well I meet the first criteria but not the second.

28 minutes ago, epic said:

And then they all yell out, "Hey, where's my Call of Duty? Minecraft?!"

Fixed.

16 minutes ago, Coolsome said:

I don't even know what it is?

Look up Filthy Frank.  He's one of the most popular YouTubers.

2 minutes ago, Coolsome said:

I don't want to get too political but what ever side your on this is one thing we can all get behind!

owl.jpg

Even Muggles?

1 minute ago, Coolsome said:

Ahh crap this got all political again with Slytherins and Gryffindor arguing over muggle owl rights.

Yo, did you check out Filthy Frank like I suggested? 

16 minutes ago, epic said:

Filthy Frank and co. are the next Jackass.

Nah, he's more like if Beavis and Butthead decided to break the sexual tension and have a mentally impaired baby.

15 minutes ago, Scarecrow said:

I'm so glad you wrote this post, because now I know to avoid Filthy Frank like the %#$@&!ing plague.

Didn't get into Jackass?

Hey @epic we talked about Texas guitar slingers like Stevie Ray Vaughan and Dimebag Darrell. How about Eric Johnson?

1 hour ago, Scarecrow said:

I'm generally not interested in entertainment that extols the most puerile and ugly manifestations of humanity's capacity for creativity. Pranks, wreckless stunts and nasty behavior are off putting to me.

Hear, hear. Stupidity is for occasionally doing. It is not for building a culture around.

Edited by AnAnemoneInAnonymity

Forget The Game Awards aka The Publisher Awards. Now here is a VERY NICE best of 2016 list:

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/dec/06/from-overwatch-to-firewatch-the-best-video-games-of-2016-chosen-by-developers

All types of games, both AAA and indie respresented, and the final "best of" list is a list of critical successes and not just commercial/AAA successes. THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE AWARDS SHOW.

Nice list, Firewatch is worth so much praise.

Can't agree about Inside, since I think it makes some design decisions that are just arrogant towards the players, but I'm not the one doing the lists of course.

Reigns is a game I know nothing about.

Edited by CecilRousso

6 minutes ago, CecilRousso said:

Nice list, Firewatch is worth so much praise.

Can't agree about Inside, since I think it makes some design decisions that are just arrogant towards the players, but I'm not the one doing the lists of course.

Reigns is a game I know nothing about.

I haven't played Inside, but as you and I have discussed elsewhere, that is exactly how I felt about LIMBO and I expect Inside is probably about the same. I don't know what others get out of that type of experience, but I will let them have it.

I'm often the minority opinion anyway. I'm in the 1% of people who hate Spelunky after all. (Everyone reading this just went into a karate stance and are now considering whether I deserve to be beaten up.)

I don't usually have a problem with this game or that game winning awards and recognition. What I strongly dislike is hegemony, which is basically what I saw in the game awards, IMO. (Not to mention that The Game Awards were also a bit myopic, IMO, forgetting what happened in games in the first six months of the year.)

Glad to see some diversity in this list that much better reflects 2016.