Double Fine Action Forums

Hm. Increasingly I never am in the mood to play games when I get home from work. I am super in the mood on the weekends, but all I want to do when I get home is

large.gif

I forgot to not google symptoms.

So now I'm pretty sure I'm dying, but I'm probably not, but if I don't post for a couple of days, I either almost died or else I did die.

Just now, Scarecrow said:

Maybe go to the doctor.

But last time I went to the ER, they charged me like $5,000 and told me I was dehydrated and overexhausted, because America.

1 minute ago, Scarecrow said:

Yeah, I'd probably wait to die too.

See? I was right.

I called a nurse and she said I am.... PROBABLY alright, but if it gets worse I should go to the ER.

>.>

<.<

It was nice knowing you, DFAF.

How about going to a primary care physician? Usually they can slot you in for a quick appointment if you are really worried.

Even if you don't have insurance, that's only a $100 investment for piece of mind.

Edited by Alcoremortis

14 minutes ago, Alcoremortis said:

How about going to a primary care physician? Usually they can slot you in for a quick appointment if you are really worried.

Even if you don't have insurance, that's only a $100 investment for piece of mind.

All of them are closed. I called an urgent care clinic and she was nice enough to let me rattle off what was going on over the phone and then tell me what I should do, so I'm doing that. I live with a roomie, so if I fall over unconscious I have a first responder nearby. xD

There are several possibilities. There is one condition I have that SOMETIMES turns out to be cancer, so I have to live the rest of my life going "IS IT CANCER YET? IS IT HAPPENING?!"

But also there is a possibility I may have some kind of stomach / intestinal issue. Like maybe just an ulcer like old people get, but also maybe my stomach/intestines are bleeding?!?! That's a real thing that can happen and that I was worried about.

The last time I went to the ER like 6 or 7 years ago, it was because I just started randomly falling over unconscious. Multiple times. Like 5 or 10 minutes between each time. HA HA HAS THAT EVER HAPPENED TO YOU?! It's pretty wild when it happens. It's kind of like sleep, except it's instant and sudden instead of gradual, and also you don't dream or have any thoughts. You just instantly completely go away for a minute. And then all of a sudden, somewhere in the dark, you feel a poke, and somewhere a light in your brain goes "What is that? Poke. Yes. I know of pokes. This is a poke that is happening to me." And then one by one the lights come back on, but none of them make any sense. I feel a thing. What is thing? It is rightward and noodly and attached to me, it's like... arm? Yes, I remember now. Arms. I have two of them. And I am being poked. WOAH I SEE THINGS. PICTURES. I am... upside down?! There is a blob poking me. Coming into focus... blob is... face. A person is poking me. Oh! A person! We are both people! I'm a person who is alive! I almost forgot! But also I am upside down on the floor getting poked in the face by a person who looks like they don't know what the f*** they are supposed to do about this. I should probably stand up. Wait. Legs. I see them but they don't move. Oh there they go. OH SHIT OW. Don't remember how to legs. I'll just crawl, I guess. Here we go.

It's sort of like dying for a minute and then coming back. Super weird. Freaky but interesting.

Anyway, I don't know if it is the same problem, but I was feeling pretty weak in my appendages and kinda lightheaded and like the lights weren't 100% on in the attic maybe. Maybe burning at like 90% up there? There is a lot going on in this garbage body of mine, though I haven't been diagnosed with any debilitating diseases / conditions or anything as of yet.

I'm feeling better now than earlier, but I still have some... weird symptoms. I don't think I'm going to die anymore, but I'm not unconcerned.

Edited by AnAnemoneInAnonymity

The dictionary entry for "overacting" should just be a link to some trailer reaction videos on youtube.

Thought this was pretty fun to watch, with Sean Bean doing an excellent job with Civilization 6. And there's just something about the theme music that lifts my mood a bit. 

9 minutes ago, CorruptBiggins said:

Does he die in this too?

I just read pretty much the same question about that clip in the Steam thread on Neogaf . :)

*tries to go to a redimed*

"We need your benefits information."

"You can't look it up by employer like everyone else?"

"No."

*logs into ADP*

*benefit information there, but no ID numbers*

*goes to health insurer website and tries to register an acccount*

"Due to six attempts to register an account, we're locking your account for an hour" <----only first attempt

Good old American healthcare system. ¬¬

Get well Anemone.  I hope you don't have something serious or life threatening and whatever it is can get cured soon.  You have all the forum's support in your steps to recovery, Anemone. 

I FINALLY RECEIVED HEALTHCARE.

The good news: I'm not dying.

Also good news: Heart seems fine. That's what I was worried about.

Prognosis: Probably a combination of factors. Most likely am either coming down with some kinda virus or have been in battle with one. Some of the other symptoms probably related to medicines taken recently AAAAAND possibly the things I felt that seemed heart related are actually gastric in nature, since there is some gastric/spleen bloating/swelling that happens to some people that causes weird twinges and pain around their left shoulder, which FEELS scary and super uncomfortable, but is actually not a huge deal. At least not heart attack huge.

I'M NOT DEAD! For now.

Sounds like good news! Relatively good news at least, feeling ill is of course still not fun. 

Get better and well Aenome. :pixel-loboto:

I love you, Double Fine General Discussion Forum.

Yep, that's what my life has come to.

58 minutes ago, epic said:

Taking the switch onto Jimmy of all late nights was a smart play.

10 hours ago, Scarecrow said:

This video is amazing!

I still like the original.

45 minutes ago, Klatuu said:

I still like the original.

+1 internets to you

Guys there are two hours left in the day and I'm falling asleep at my desk. Do something to keep me awake! Quick!

1 minute ago, AnAnemoneInAnonymity said:

Guys there are two hours left in the day and I'm falling asleep at my desk. Do something to keep me awake! Quick!