Double Fine Action Forums

"The opinion that art should have nothing to do with politics is itself a political attitude"
(George Orwell)

Apart from this... what Johro said. What Alcoremortis said. What Bookdust said. I don't think I have much to add. Besides, of course, before you start or participate in (including signal-boosting) a witch hunt, check your facts and your privilege. Apparently JonTron can run through the checklist of white supremacist talking points right up to climax for hours and his fans will still readily hound Playtonic just for taking his voiceover work out of their own game. Because he's a youtube celebrity, because he can say and do anything he wants to without repercussions. The situation is quite different for Manveer Heir apparently, and he has said nothing even remotely this offensive. The situation is also quite different for the recently slandered and attacked BioWare employees and ex-employees. And they have done nothing wrong at all. Nothing whatsoever. There's really nothing to understand about the present situation besides "Be kinder". :|

Edited by Vainamoinen

1 hour ago, Vainamoinen said:

There's really nothing to understand about the present situation besides "Be kinder". :|

For some reason, I read this at first as "Be children", and I thought - but they are - and then I realized what it meant. :P

I definitely agree though - the whole i̶n̶t̶e̶r̶n̶e̶t̶  world could use a whole lot of kindness right about now.

@Vainamoinen Alright, I thought about our debate yesterday.  We have differing opinions about game developers and politics, and it's highly unlikely that we'll reach a compromise or an agreement on certain topics.  Politics is a very complicated matter not just on this forum, but everywhere else online and IRL. 

"Politics" doesn't even come into play. Manveer Heir hasn't done anything to anyone. He designed gameplay for Andromeda, which "looks great" according to Anemone. He hasn't insulted anyone personally. He's just being attacked for not taking the general white dude shit any more. And no one should, really.

01a592c17bfd0dcda92059aa75451536_CfJq_bP

Honestly, how can people not love this guy.

Edited by Vainamoinen

6 minutes ago, Vainamoinen said:

"Politics" doesn't even come into play. Manveer Heir hasn't done anything to anyone. He designed gameplay for Andromeda, which "looks great" according to Anemone. He hasn't insulted anyone personally. He's just being attacked for not taking the general white dude shit any more. And no one should, really.

01a592c17bfd0dcda92059aa75451536_CfJq_bP

Honestly, how can people not love this guy.

If we want to continue our debate, I feel like we should either do it by PM or by the chatroom.  It's up to you.

22 minutes ago, Bookdust said:

giphy.gif

I this reminds me of my favorite lab safety video (Skipping to the good bit):

"Don't let modesty make your injury worse. The teacher will clear the other students from the room." ಠ_ಠ

Edited by Feddlefew

5 hours ago, Bookdust said:

Wait! Hold the phone!

NoName

Do you play Crusader Kings II?

I haven't. Might give it a try, though.

For the Gif party:

IMG_2478.GIF

Edited by Noname215

Went to see my local hockey team, Frölunda, in the swedish championship playoffs during the weekend, and a 16 year old defender did this. 

They should've checked him harder.  Both the forechecking forward and the one standing up at the line decided to chase the puck instead of take the body and it cost them.  Real nice goal though.

1 hour ago, Bookdust said:

7EolkMq.gif

This guy isn't impressed

That's Roger Rönnberg, Frölundas coach. He's just trying to look chill. :)

9 hours ago, Bookdust said:

But, sometimes I just want to be a woman.

Y'all certainly ain't no real man, that's certain! 

:P

So, it was hockey today again, Frölunda. And how about this goal in sudden death. :)

ezgif-3-ada8fc4bb6.gif

I'm looking for a really good action movie that isn't part of a franchise. Anyone know of any?

42 minutes ago, Noname215 said:

I'm looking for a really good action movie that isn't part of a franchise. Anyone know of any?

The Accountant?

3 hours ago, Bookdust said:

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

Already saw it. Amazing movie.

However, that one doesn't really count since it's more of a neo-noir black comedy.

Edited by Noname215

Bob Dole in the Matt Groening universe is much more amusing than Bob Dole in politics.

1 hour ago, Johro said:

Bob Dole in the Matt Groening universe is much more amusing than Bob Dole in politics.

The Simpsons is always more amusing than politics.

am1onhsi.gif?w=450

10 hours ago, Noname215 said:

I'd say just pick any Jackie Chan Hong Kong movie and go with that.