Double Fine Action Forums

I think I want to cosplay as Blackbeard. The only problems are that I'm pale, blonde, skinny, have all of my teeth and I don't have a huge nose.

61.png

1 hour ago, Brütal Ke$ha said:

I think I want to cosplay as Blackbeard. The only problems are that I'm pale, blonde, skinny, have all of my teeth and I don't have a huge nose.

61.png

What about other One Piece characters?

12 hours ago, epic said:

What about other One Piece characters?

The thing is I'm willing to dye my hair and beard but I don't really want to shave my beard or shave/wax my chest/belly so that pretty much limits me to Blackbeard. Who else would be good?

2 hours ago, Noname215 said:

IMO, the only time of year when cosplaying is not lame is Halloween

Part of cosplaying is realizing that the majority of people think it's lame all of the time.

The only time cosplaying is lame is when people are really bad at it, halloween or not. =P

In go to pax every year wearing an upside-down vault boy mask holding a thumbs down up in the air.

I usually do one walk of the floor. Gets some laughs.

I have a fairly strong aversion to dressing up for reasons that I don't really understand, so I don't think I'd ever cosplay anything that wasn't super minimal. 

But I take pleasure in other people's pleasure, as long as it isn't causing anyone harm I am always happy to see people get enjoyment out of stuff. 

Let's not be knocking people for enjoying what they enjoy that isn't hurting anyone. 

Honestly, I would be satisfied if they just released a longform theme song. I'm not sure I really enjoyed the show itself enough to be super excited about a sequel, but that intro was amazing.

I love Vasquez's comics, and I quite enjoyed Zim though I found it hard to watch for prolonged periods because it's on full volume all the time. I read a couple of the sequel comic series and they were good fun. I think a tv movie is actually the format that gets me most excited - hopefully they'll be encourage to vary tone and speed a little. There's some silly speculation in that article, though!

So this forum is now a bunch of moderators, and me? :)

So I've challenged by a friend to complete The Unholy Three. It's a challenge to watch three of the most disturbing horror films off a particular list in any order and to do so in a row. Among those films are A Serbian Film, Ichi The Killer, Cannibal Holocaust, Inside, Audition, The Human Centipede, Martyrs, Excision, High Tension and I Spit On Your Grave.

11 minutes ago, Europa said:

Oh hey a meme I haven't seen before. Either it's new or I somehow avoided all previous instances of it despite its decrepit age, marking me as some kind of anomaly to be gawked at and mocked.

Bookie pls

1 hour ago, Europa said:

Oh hey a meme I haven't seen before. Either it's new or I somehow avoided all previous instances of it despite its decrepit age, marking me as some kind of anomaly to be gawked at and mocked.

http://knowyourmeme.com/photos/89096-dolan

I messed it up a bit because I imgur didn't have comic sans and I forgot the specific formatting, but whatever.

12 hours ago, Noname215 said:

So I've challenged by a friend to complete The Unholy Three. It's a challenge to watch three of the most disturbing horror films off a particular list in any order and to do so in a row. Among those films are A Serbian Film, Ichi The Killer, Cannibal Holocaust, Inside, Audition, The Human Centipede, Martyrs, Excision, High Tension and I Spit On Your Grave.

I watched Human Centipede and A Serbian Film back to back once. I haven't seen some of the others though.

36 minutes ago, Brütal Ke$ha said:

I watched Human Centipede and A Serbian Film back to back once. I haven't seen some of the others though.

Back to back? Don't you mean mouth to ass to mouth to ass?

Edited by Noname215

Kidney failure. He was 90. This guy was one of my favorites, I'm so bummed it's like Robin Williams all over again except with less tragic circumstances.

Speaking of which...

Edited by Noname215

I don't think rickles is going to be lamented in the general public as much as williams was. Rickles was phenomenal but I don't feel like his greatness was really as widely appreciated by the general public. He was a lot more bigger deal to standup comedy buffs, I think.

Exactly. Despite his tremendous skill and his true reign over all who roast (I'm looking at YOU, Jeff Ross), he remained somewhat unappreciated by the general public.

I just rolled out of bed at 11:30 on a sunday and the first thing I did was order an extra large pizza.

Welcome to my rock and roll lifestyle.

8 hours ago, Anemone said:

I just rolled out of bed at 11:30 on a sunday and the first thing I did was order an extra large pizza.

Welcome to my rock and roll lifestyle.

Replace 11:30 with 2PM and pizza with a calzone and that's how my day started.