Double Fine Action Forums

i just baked a regular pie and three mini pies to avoid doing stuff i should have been doing instead and now i'm too tired to do what i should have been doing

23 hours ago, Anemone said:

It's friday night, and I'm messin' around with yet another beepbox

Please enjoy these beep beep boop boop tunes

:violin:

https://tinyurl.com/kmfme4e

sick jamzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

38 minutes ago, just sarah said:

i just baked a regular pie and three mini pies to avoid doing stuff i should have been doing instead and now i'm too tired to do what i should have been doing

eat the pies for more energy 

7 minutes ago, just sarah said:

did you see my edit to that post

with the pie babies

?

Now using mod powers to change your forum name to "pie mama"

lulz

(j/k)

Tonight's Samurai Jack, within the first five minutes, managed to royally piss me off and then a few seconds later do a total reversal and make me jump for joy.

8 hours ago, hot said:

ye i see it now

did you like use egg wash on the big one but not the babies? is that why they are ugly and not shiny? 

yeah. i threw out the egg wash i used on the first one and didn't feel like wasting another egg on the lil uggos.

8 hours ago, Anemone said:

Now using mod powers to change your forum name to "pie mama"

lulz

(j/k)

i wish my rank or whatever it's called could be pie mama

that would be the best

Nothing like being transferred to the opposite side of the city.  My 7min commute will now be 30, including the freeway, and I'm not a very experienced driver.  Kids, don't wait until you're in your 30's to get your license.   It makes all these adult things you have to do, much more tedious and nerve-racking.

Edited by Johro

Yes, it does.

I used to be a Wendy's manager!  I didn't get any videos though.

Uhhh....  Up until almost 9 years ago.  I used to love closing.  I played my own music in the back, did crossword puzzles with the crew, had some good times.  I wasn't making a career out of it, so I wasn't really known for playing by the rules either.  Five years of it was enough, but I do miss the free potatoes.

14 hours ago, Bookdust said:

It's a transitional thing for me as well. Working there until I can get into IT, though I've been making a big enough impression with my bosses that I might end up making more of a career of it then I thought. They threatened me with salary, which is around twice what I'm currently making for similar hours so...

I try to keep things on track, while keeping my crew entertained and engaged. Music is big part of that, cutting up is a another one. We all have our in-jokes and references. A lot of managers forget that employee morale is important for keeping them energized and productive, they fuss or yell to try and get a crew member's shortcomings to go away and I can't stand it. Make your expectations understood in a calm and encouraging manner, and keep everyone engaged and entertained as much as you can while keeping up customer sanctification. Happy Crew, Happy Shift.

/managementphilosophy 

unless it's a legitimately huge salary, i would say danger danger beware. once they salary you, then they don't have to pay you overtime anymore, and they can end up demanding that you work so many hours that you end up making the same or less on a dollar per hour basis than you would if you were still on a wage. it's like, would you rather make X dollars for working 40 hours per week, or would you rather make 2X dollars for working 80 hours per week? unless u gots kids to feed, the former is the better deal. 

i would def try to get an IT job. i did an IT internship at a convention center over the summer and it's exactly what you would expect -- a lot of hanging out with coworkers, get to talk to new people constantly and be the hero. very laid back with only the occasional fire to put out. fun times with nerds. i dunno if it's something i'd want to do as a career personally (i want to write) but i def think it's a good job in general. maybe try to avoid call centers and get a job with an in-house it dept, though. 

Edited by hot

I dunno, 2x money on salary does buy you better opportunities, though. You might end up working longer, but more money is more money that you can use to give yourself a cushion for when you want to move on to another job.

I had no issues with the company abusing my position when I was there.  I left due to money.  I'm making twice as much as a Grocery Manager right now(granted, this is 9 years later).  I just felt their pay differential between the 4 management positions was too small for it to be worth it as a career.  They also did a pay freeze for 3 years right after I left, so half of them quit during that time as well.

I hope if you are on salary you are at least getting close to $20/hr, because if you are getting paid less than that and are being asked to work lots of extra overtime (even if it's just staying a half an hour late multiple times a week) then you are kinda getting boned, imo.

*edit*

I just realized the salary maybe also depends on where in the country you work, so not sure how 20 measures up wherever you are.

*/edit*

Ew... the 50 hours a week is kinda yuck, but the $18 isn't too shabby.

1 hour ago, Feddlefew said:

You need to collect these things in one place.

For why? I'll never do anything with them.

Next week I start my job... (just down the street from)Bioware.