Double Fine Action Forums

Everything looks perfect... but damn it, if I can't spot all the visual errors in Branagh's Poirot getup. That's just me being an Agatha Christie fan, or just having thought of David Suchet as being the visual go-to, because in my head Poirot is a five foot egg shaped dude with a dignified military posture and a thin, tiny waxed moustache.

Having said that, Branagh said this version of Poirot is meant to be a sort of greenhorn where he's at a point where he's not all he can be or will be, and more physically able. I think Branagh's a fine actor as well, so I await a trailer.

My town finally got a Popeye's Chicken.  I love their food so much.

My current job involves an avg. of 10 hours physical labour (digging red clay, moving bricks ect.) per shift... pretty awful, and pay sucks, but I'm sticking it out until I can find something better one day. It is nigh impossible to find a job that isn't killer physical work where I live if you're past 20, so just gotta get the hell out of here and I'll be fine, I hope.

All that said, %#$@&! retail. I'd hate to work retail even more than this job. Can't even put in earphones and listen to podcasts.

5 hours ago, Jenni said:

My town finally got a Popeye's Chicken.  I love their food so much.

Never had Popeye's.  I typically do Raising Cane's, KFC, and Chick-Fil-A.

11 hours ago, epic said:

Never had Popeye's.  I typically do Raising Cane's, KFC, and Chick-Fil-A.

Popeye's is excellent.  I used to only be able to get it when I went up to New England or down to New York City - as for some reason no place in upstate New York had it.  It's got a nice spicy flavor, but not too hot.  It's not really cajun, it's kind of like what Tex-Mex is to Mexican, but it's still really good.

KFC's extra crispy chicken is pretty good too - but it doesn't really have a lot of spice to it.  I prefer my chicken with a little bit of a zip.

The closest Raising Cane's to me is in Ohio - much further away, but I do go to Ohio sometimes, so I'll put it on my to-try list when I get out there.

Chick-Fil-A is kind of like Popeye's was to me, as the closest location to me is in central Pennsylvania.  I'd like to try it some time though.

On the subject of Pennsylvania, there's a chicken chain in Western PA and New Jersey called Cluck U that's really, really good.  It's good enough that I actually went out of my way to try to track one down last time I was in Atlantic City.

I can never have Chick-Fil-A because I live in a liberal ass town. The closest one is miles away in Walnut Creek.

Edited by Noname215

51 minutes ago, Jenni said:

Popeye's is excellent.  I used to only be able to get it when I went up to New England or down to New York City - as for some reason no place in upstate New York had it.  It's got a nice spicy flavor, but not too hot.  It's not really cajun, it's kind of like what Tex-Mex is to Mexican, but it's still really good.

KFC's extra crispy chicken is pretty good too - but it doesn't really have a lot of spice to it.  I prefer my chicken with a little bit of a zip.

The closest Raising Cane's to me is in Ohio - much further away, but I do go to Ohio sometimes, so I'll put it on my to-try list when I get out there.

Chick-Fil-A is kind of like Popeye's was to me, as the closest location to me is in central Pennsylvania.  I'd like to try it some time though.

On the subject of Pennsylvania, there's a chicken chain in Western PA and New Jersey called Cluck U that's really, really good.  It's good enough that I actually went out of my way to try to track one down last time I was in Atlantic City.

Hmm, do I do the Chik Fil-A's 50 Nugs Challenge or the Cluck U 911 Sauce Challenge?

Samurai Jack XCIX Spoilers:

The Jashi Ship has sailed and is The Guardian returning next week?

1 hour ago, epic said:

Samurai Jack XCIX Spoilers:

Reveal hidden contents

The Jashi Ship has sailed and is The Guardian returning next week?

I thought I might have seen a ruined Jet Jaguar in that trailer. And in some distant part of the Internet, Rule 34 and Fan Fiction are going nuts over that ship sailing. Although I think Jaku might be more prevalent... and more frightening.

And wouldn't you know it, Tumblr Nazis come crawling out of their slimeholes to go on SJW rants over Ashi being straight.

Edited by Noname215

@epic Regarding Samurai Jack

I really hope they don't pull some last minute crap like he can't go back to the past because it means Ashi's existence would be eradicated or something like that, or that she dies and he decides to use his one chance at returning to the past to save her instead. For us to have waited as long as we did for a new season and a proper conclusion, if Jack ends up denying himself his victory for the sake of a third act romance, I will consider it an unforgivable blunder and very may well ruin the entire season for me.

Edited by Noname215

54 minutes ago, Noname215 said:

@epic Regarding Samurai Jack

Hide contents

I really hope they don't pull some last minute crap like he can't go back to the past because it means Ashi's existence would be eradicated or something like that, or that she dies and he decides to use his one chance at returning to the past to save her instead. For us to have waited as long as we did for a new season and a proper conclusion, if Jack ends up denying himself his victory for the sake of a third act romance, I will consider it an unforgivable blunder and very may well ruin the entire season for me.

Sounds like something that /co/ would hate.

So I was just in one of the most aggravating debates I've ever been in with a co-worker who said that no Catholic or Christian novelist has ever given the world any literature that is truly great (when I say Catholic/Christian novelist, I'm talking about a writer who happens to profess Christianity/Catholicism but doesn't write predominately about them in their works like a lot of Protestant novelists do, such as the guy who did Left Behind). Luckily after a good 15 minutes I finally curb stomped her arguement by dropping a good amount of names.

Edited by Noname215

17 minutes ago, Noname215 said:

So I was just in one of the most aggravating debates I've ever been in with a co-worker who said that no Catholic or Christian novelist has ever given the world any literature that is truly great (when I say Catholic/Christian novelist, I'm talking about a writer who happens to profess Christianity/Catholicism but doesn't write predominately about them in their works like a lot of Protestant novelists do, such as the guy who did Left Behind). Luckily after a good 15 minutes I finally curb stomped her arguement by dropping a good amount of names.

...Who is J.R.R. Tolkein?

Didn't even take me five seconds.

EXACTLY! And that was why it was so aggravating. She just ranted on and on for like 15 minutes before I was allowed to get a word in.

I also threw in Dennis Lehane, Graham Greene, Shusaku Endo, Flannery O'Conner, William Peter Blatty and James Joyce just to name a few.

Edited by Noname215

Slightly updated to be more relevant to my current life

p5.png

Neil Marshall is directing an R-rated Hellboy reboot with David Harbour as the lead.

Guillermo Del Toro I can live without. But Ron Pearlman... good luck filling those shoes, Chief Hopper.

8 minutes ago, Bookdust said:

Setting the bar low there.

There are only so many decent TV show based movies. It's a pretty short list.

I have a few I like, such as The Fugitive, The A-Team, Beavis and Butthead Do America, 21 Jump Street, Get Smart and The Man From U.N.C.L.E. 

Oh god, American Idol is coming back, but this time it will be on ABC.

8 minutes ago, Noname215 said:

Made a playlist for no reason.

Alright, that's our walk up songs playlist.  We got the rock, but we'll probably have to include rap, pop, country, and lots of metal.

There's one country song (Chris Stapleton is awesome) and a bunch of 80s metal in there.

I love that Pat Benatar has a song called "Hell is for Children".  I didn't just hear it or anything.  It was a fairly popular song.  But that's a pretty damn Metal title for a Pat Benatar song.  I approve.

On 5/9/2017 at 6:24 AM, Noname215 said:

Neil Marshall is directing an R-rated Hellboy reboot with David Harbour as the lead.

Guillermo Del Toro I can live without. But Ron Pearlman... good luck filling those shoes, Chief Hopper.

I was going to respond to this "they won't fund a Hellboy 3, but they will reboot it? What next, rebooting Dredd?!"

Then I checked my emails and saw this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-39873020

Unbelievable.