Double Fine Action Forums

On 5/9/2017 at 10:33 PM, epic said:

Alright, that's our walk up songs playlist.  We got the rock, but we'll probably have to include rap, pop, country, and lots of metal.

Here you go.

2 hours ago, Feddlefew said:

I am 95% packed.

*closes up the vacuum seal on feddle's packaging*

There. Now she's 100% packed.

Samurai Jack C Spoilers:

First of all RIP The Guardian and Scaramouch.  It was kinda obvious that Ashi was a literal Daughter of Aku.  How will it all end next week?

2 hours ago, epic said:

Samurai Jack C Spoilers:

Reveal hidden contents

First of all RIP The Guardian and Scaramouch.  It was kinda obvious that Ashi was a literal Daughter of Aku.  How will it all end next week?

The look Aku gave Scaramouch right before he blew his head off was hilarious.

22 minutes ago, Noname215 said:

Hide contents

The look Aku gave Scaramouch right before he blew his head off was hilarious.

He shouldn't have said, "I bet my life on it."

26 minutes ago, epic said:

Hide contents

He shouldn't have said, "I bet my life on it."

I am kinda disappointed we didn't get to see an old, ragged version of the Guardian.

American friends, do you pronounce the "L" in "salmon"?  I have never heard someone do that before here and I had just heard someone do it from there.  Is that a thing or were they being weird?

I've never heard someone pronounce the L in salmon, but I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that some people do.

4 hours ago, Johro said:

American friends, do you pronounce the "L" in "salmon"?  I have never heard someone do that before here and I had just heard someone do it from there.  Is that a thing or were they being weird?

First you answer me this, my Canadian compadre: is it about or aboot?

13 minutes ago, Noname215 said:

First you answer me this, my Canadian compadre: is it about or aboot?

The pronouncing of "aboot" is strictly from the east coast dialect(what we refer to as "Newfie").  We do, however, generally pronounce it more like "a boat" if you say that really fast.  Canadians tend not to pronounce mixed vowel sounds in words.  Saying "ab-out" feels like over-pronouncing it and slows down the flow of speech(finishing the "B" with an "A" sound and going into the "T" with an "OO" sound).

Maybe we're weird.

Edited by Johro

57 minutes ago, ⛸Coolsome on Ice⛸ said:

I'm going to be an Uncle! 

Congrats man!  You have an older brother or sister?

Today was our national day, and it's the one huge holiday we celebrate that is (obviously) not shared by other nations. It feels very strange to look at news sites, observing that people elsewhere are actually working. I keep thinking "Whaaaat? Why aren't you eating cake and sausages while drinking beer, instead of..." before I remember that everywhere is not here.