Sign in to follow this  
Spaff

New forums: coming soon!

I find this news quite exciting and will be very intrigued to see the new system and any changes implemented or not.

As long as it's nothing like the ancient bulletin board system scheme that sites like Telltale, Bethesda, Gearbox, and countless others are going with. I will leave if that happens.

As long as it's nothing like the ancient bulletin board system scheme that sites like Telltale, Bethesda, Gearbox, and countless others are going with. I will leave if that happens.

Nope. It's IP Board, per OP. =]

Nope. It's IP Board, per OP. =]

Telltale uses standard forum software as well (Vanilla), but heavily modified it to support threaded posts. Even though I've since gotten used to it at Telltale, it did cause quite an uproar when it was first implemented.

Spaff confirmed that there's no plans for that here, thank goodness.

Don't do nested posts please; to this day, I haven't found a sensible way to read such a discussion.

For all that is holy, by Satan and by all the deities and non-deities of the pagan spectrum, don't implement downvotes. Downvotes are for Nazi forums only.

Kudos-feature, no problem with that, may even foster some positivity. It works well enough over at the RTG forum. Just make sure the total number is only displayed on a person's profile, not on every post.

I'm on a forum with downvotes. It works because everyone is an adult and doesn't take it seriously.

I'm on a forum with downvotes. It works because everyone is an adult and doesn't take it seriously.

Unfortunately, this is not a thing you can count on when on the internet. I hope your weird little isolated village continues to thrive, like a lost civilization deep in the jungle, still unruined by the white man.

Oh we get the odd drama queen who complains when he gets downvoted but we all tell him to man up and then it's quickly forgotten. In fact, the forum administrator has a reputation point value of -1000 because we love him so much. But basically, I downvote when I disagree with somebody. But people don't like criticism everywhere even if it's on the internet by an anonymous forum user who doesn't matter in the grand scheme of life. It's kind of a joke almost lol but it's used well for the most part. Just don't take it too seriously. It's nice being able to express when you dislike something. That doesn't mean you hate people. Some people might rate this forum community on par with something like 4chan actually, but in reality I don't think it's that bad. It's just that people are allowed to say what's on their mind and are rarely banned except when they're just spamming nonsense and annoying everybody. And even then they can come back when they apologize.

I like upvotes but not downvotes. Downvotes tend to push people away from places when they have unpopular opinions, and it feels like telling people to 'man up' over it is just going to end up being toxic and clique-forming

Not to say it couldn't work, but it's absolutely something I wouldn't want to try here.

On Reddit, I only use the downvote button on trolls and shit posts. I don't why we're still talking about this, but we're not doing upvotes or downvotes.

I think we should get a bouncy castle, personally.

Away from the lava right?

"Wee...Weeee...WEEEEEEAHHHHHHH!!!!!"

Look, I told you guys this was going to be the game of king of the hill to end them all. It's not my fault if you didn't believe me.

Look, I told you guys this was going to be the game of king of the hill to end them all. It's not my fault if you didn't believe me.

The problem with king of the hill is that everyone needs to sleep eventually...

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE

Well, I don't need to decapitate peeps if we've got the bouncy castle so close to the Giant Lava Flow.

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE

Well, I don't need to decapitate peeps if we've got the bouncy castle so close to the Giant Lava Flow.

Exactly. There can be only one. WITH FIRE.

We're still nailing down when exactly it's going to happen (soon!).

There were also a couple of people (Feddlefew and Anemone) who sounded interested in the idea of a little community game jam/group game dev project to work on during the forum downtime. Anybody else keen on that?

I've never made a game, but that sounds like it could be fun, plus a chance to learn something new.

I'll probably lack the focus to finish it, but a game jam sure sounds interesting.

Bouncy Castle is only necessary if they're running a Java backend.

I've never made a game, but I've been playing with the idea of learning Unity for a while. Sounds fun, and I might be interested.