Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
nickbarreto

Minor Bug – stuck in the control room forever

Hey everyone,

While I wasn't an actual Slacker Backer, I am a true slacker in that I only just got around to finally playing Act 2 all the way through (which by the way, I loved – life just gets in the way).

Anyway, I came across a minor issue where Vella and Hope get trapped in the control room of the Bassinostra forever – I had, perhaps too eagerly, moved the debris back into place after Vella crosses it on her way to the control room. Which is fine, really, I just had her using the teleporters and didn't go back into that corridor. Except that when I got into the control room and she and Hope get trapped in there by Marek, I can't get the Hexigal past the debris in the corridor to fix the broken door panel.

I actually had to reload an earlier save so that I could get back into the control room the first time with the debris safely out of the way, and the Hexigal then had no troubles getting to the door.

So I would suggest either having the debris move out of the way magically (after all, the ship does tip over massively before Vella and Hope get locked in the control room), so the Hexigal always can get past, or maybe put in a button for having some arms drop down and move it out of the way when you are in the central control console.

Thanks a bunch Double Fine, you guys are awesome and I am, though rather late to the finish, super pleased to have been a part of this.

Hi,

To clarify on the issue, what exactly did you see when the Safety pal attempt to pass through the debris? Was there any dialog or animation showing that it was blocked? Any extra detail would be helpful.

Normally, if there was debris during this scene the safety pal should be blocked for 1-2 seconds more before leaping through the debris. It shouldn't block progress. If you still have the affected save file, please send it to us at support@doublefine.com

Sign in to follow this