Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  

Headlander soundtrack

David Earl introduced himself on another thread as the composer of the music for Headlander. I have to say, that judging from the trailers, etc I've seen so far, the music is awesome! David, take a bow.

The one you linked to David: Headlander Launch Trailer Music is tagged "Vangelis". Is it a cover version?

Hey there!

First of all, thanks for the props! This has been a really awesomely magical project full of sprinkles and joy that will be sorely missed.

The trailer music is all original, I just tagged Vangelis because I thought folks who liked Tangelos would dig my score. :)

Did you enjoy the game? Listen to the soundtrack yet?

The opening of The Headlander Awakens. So good. 

And Escape to Pleasure Port gives me Jarre vibes for the first 30 seconds. 

Music to Evacuate By is so awesome for a Vangelis fan. 

Really digging the soundtrack! (the game as well, but I haven't finished it yet) It really does rekindle my old love of Vangelis and this kind of music. 'Procession of the White Queen' reminds me a lot of the main theme of Stanley Kubrick's A Clockwork Orange. David Earl's mention on the stream that he was inspired by Wendy Carlos definitely wasn't an exaggeration ;-)

On 30 July 2016 at 1:01 AM, CecilRousso said:

The opening of The Headlander Awakens. So good. 

And Escape to Pleasure Port gives me Jarre vibes for the first 30 seconds. 

Music to Evacuate By is so awesome for a Vangelis fan. 

So many good tracks! I also particularly like 'The Rebel Base' and the cheesy 'The Headshop' tune is awesome in combination with the loading screen. Not to speak of the implementation of 'It's All Gone' into the game. That was such a wonderful moment!

Edited by honeymaker

On 8/12/2016 at 5:03 AM, Vainamoinen said:

Asking again for a bandcamp release... :|

I love this game and this soundtrack, I will totally buy if it is posted on Bandcamp too!

I just finished the game (excellent!) and want to buy the soundtrack (also excellent!), but Steam won't let me purchase the soundtrack alone.  I prefer to play games on my PS4, which is where I bought Headlander... is there or will there be any way to purchase the soundtrack standalone from the game/soundtrack bundle on Steam?

3 hours ago, Nasubionna said:

I just finished the game (excellent!) and want to buy the soundtrack (also excellent!), but Steam won't let me purchase the soundtrack alone.  I prefer to play games on my PS4, which is where I bought Headlander... is there or will there be any way to purchase the soundtrack standalone from the game/soundtrack bundle on Steam?

Nevermind, had this question answered on Twitter!  :D

8 hours ago, Nasubionna said:

Nevermind, had this question answered on Twitter!  :D

Well then, please do answer the question for the rest of us.

Purchasing the soundtrack individually is exactly what I've been trying to do for three weeks now.

On August 20, 2016 at 0:39 AM, Vainamoinen said:

Well then, please do answer the question for the rest of us.

Purchasing the soundtrack individually is exactly what I've been trying to do for three weeks now.

I was told that it's not available yet, but that it will be.  No other details, so who knows when exactly that might be.

On 22.8.2016 at 6:56 AM, Nasubionna said:

I was told that it's not available yet, but that it will be.  No other details, so who knows when exactly that might be.

Did they say anything about Adult Swim handling the distribution? Because in this case, we're funked. 9_9

1 hour ago, Vainamoinen said:

Did they say anything about Adult Swim handling the distribution? Because in this case, we're funked. 9_9

Nope, that's literally all they said.

Sign in to follow this