• Announcements

• Spaff

New Forum software & theme display issues   07/20/2017

The latest forum update has caused some readability issues with our themes!  This was unexpected, so might take a little bit of time to fix, sorry about that. I think we've fixed the main ones though. We could have a bunch of new features too, I just need to look at those and see what we have enabled etc. More on that soon! If you spot any issues or things we need to tweak, please post them here:   a
Spaff

Welcome to the new Action Forums!

30 minutes ago, AnAnemoneInAnonymity said:

I actually like it better this way xD

I find it a bit redundant, because there's a 'Forums' link to the root forum page directly below it.

5 hours ago, nmalinoski said:

I find it a bit redundant, because there's a 'Forums' link to the root forum page directly below it.

I know, but I still like it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

There is a link to it in the top bar too - action blog! 

our website isn't a particularly useful page at the moment, it's outdated and needs love. 

For now at least i'm happier with that link going to the forums main page.

It may have been reported already since this thread is five months old already and I think Spaff kind of mentions it above that the main site is outdated, but is there any update or bug fixing incoming to the doublefine.com pages?

It doesn't seem to be possible to login on the front page anymore and same for the comments on the Spaff Action News postings and liking/hearting those news?

I love the new forums, this software is really great.

Edited by Kolzig

On 12/19/2016 at 6:45 AM, Kolzig said:

It may have been reported already since this thread is five months old already and I think Spaff kind of mentions it above that the main site is outdated, but is there any update or bug fixing incoming to the doublefine.com pages?

It doesn't seem to be possible to login on the front page anymore and same for the comments on the Spaff Action News postings and liking/hearting those news?

I love the new forums, this software is really great.

The site is moving away from Expression Engine (the forums were the first part of that) - since the accounts are currently linked to EE, it's not possible to login or comment at the moment. The staff at Double Fine has been super busy lately with their various projects, but hopefully they'll be able to update the software behind the scenes once things settle down a bit.

I disabled the login stuff on the main page, mainly because the comments were being spammed to high heaven - the older the post the more spam it has also. 

We'll figure out a new site soon i hope, it's a huge huge project and will take time - i'm glad we were able to get these new forums going sooner rather than later though!