• Announcements

• Spaff

These Forums are closing!   10/04/2019

After more than a decade of serving this community well, these forums have finally run their course and it's time to close them down. That doesn't mean we want to close the doors on our community, quite the opposite!
      Our discord server grows ever busier by the day, and we encourage all Double Fine fans to meet us over there www.discord.gg/doublefine In a short time these forums will become a read only archive and will remain that way until they become needed again.
      You never know, it might happen.  There is... a prophecy. Thank you all for being part of these forums, and remember that the fun is definitely not over - so please join us on Discord! Love ya, Spaff, Tim, Info Cow, and all of Double Fine.

nobody ever looks at the sticky thread so i thought i would make a new one he he

since we have a shiny new forum now it only makes sense for NEW PEOPLE to SIGN UP and ENTERTAIN ME INTRODUCE YOURSELF in this thread. so like, do it. 

i'll go first. 

my name is hot i like long walks on the beach and kissing in the rain. actually, i've never done either of those things, but, like, i probably would like them. i am 27 years old but i feel more like i'm 132. so, like, basically dead inside. or immortal. i'm not sure anymore. next year i am going to graduate from harvard with a degree in english literature. i post a lot of identifying information like this because i hope that one of you will recognize me and realize that u already know ur secret internet crush in real life. so, like, basically the plot of You've Got Mail. sometimes i wonder if i will ever find true love. i wish i had a costco poutine right now. i wish i believed in god. i yearn for the infinite. 

now tell me about u! 

I'll go next.  Hi i'm zacal, I like games and cartoons.  I am 32 and work at a grocry store and make sure no ones runs out of food.  Also i have made some music video for brutal legend if you want to check them out let me know. 

Yo epic here!

I'm a 23 year old guy who graduated with two degrees last year and going through my first internship at a diversity and inclusion office at AAFES (Army & Air Force Exchange Service).  I'm a sports guy particularly baseball, so go Rangers!  Other interests include playing guitar/bass, anime, and online action games like GTA V and Rocket League.

No, if someone wants to know who I am, they need to wade through thousands of posts in the old thread.

Call it a quest.

Edited by Alcoremortis

4 hours ago, Alcoremortis said:

No, if someone wants to know who I am, they need to wade through thousands of posts in the old thread.

Call it a quest.

An introduction thread! Fantastic!

So yup, one of the many coming in for the Kickstarter Adventure thingee. Nothing new there. I like games, games, and more games of a variety of genres, though adventure has always been one that was rather close to my shiny black heart. I look forward to frequenting these forums after I finish my prerequisite year of lurking (actually it will probably be more like an internet year... basically, a week) and completely ignoring the subforum that I came here for in favor of chillin in the off topic section.

Hey, it's what happened last time I joined a gaming forum. So it's not COMPLETELY out of left field.

So yup, tremble in fear and all that, insert maniacal laugh and evil plot. Ta!

this took me 10 seconds to search, lol. 

35 minutes ago, Coolsome said:

Oh yh I introduce my self then you all decide not to love me based on that!

Ugh. I hate people who introduce themselves. T_T

I am a Dark Lord of the Sith.

Alternatively, I am a man in his 30s who likes Star Wars.

Either/Or.

11 hours ago, AnAnemoneInAnonymity said:

Ugh. I hate people who introduce themselves. T_T

hate is just a special kind of love 

Hi.  I'm the guy whom ate everyone in the previous forum apparently.  I survived, but my avatar didn't.

1 hour ago, hot said:

hate is just a special kind of love 

That's true. Remember to always have a safe word.

38 minutes ago, AnAnemoneInAnonymity said:

That's true. Remember to always have a safe word.

no! i want to have a danger word! my danger word is 'dangerzone.'

8 hours ago, hot said:

no! i want to have a danger word! my danger word is 'dangerzone.'

One of my favorite Norm Macdonald jokes was one time he said, "So I was with this girl one time and she was really into BDSM type stuff, which is fine with me, I don't care. Well you know how when two people are doing BDSM stuff you're supposed to choose a safe word? Well, my safe word was 'BOOOOORING'".

I like Norm.  It was great when he came on The Tonight Show, back when Conan had it, and told 5 year old topical jokes.  The audience just didn't get his genius.

22 minutes ago, Johro said:

I like Norm.  It was great when he came on The Tonight Show, back when Conan had it, and told 5 year old topical jokes.  The audience just didn't get his genius.

He did something similar at the roast of Bob Saget. Apparently he doesn't really like roasts as a comic form, but he was also really annoyed because he was supposed to roast Bob Saget but he wasn't supposed to curse too much or be too vulgar or something like that. So he just went out there and told the absolute most lame, most unfunny, most corny kinda of grandpa jokes he could possibly think of. It was just one huge troll and only a small fraction of the people in attendance understood what was going on.