Rodego

Missing Thrust Upgrade

6 posts in this topic

I have completed the game on PS4 (awesome game!) and have the trophy for unlocking the entire map but I am missing a thrust upgrade. I have gone through the entire map again, searching for the missing upgrade but cannot find any that I didn't get (and the map doesn't show an unclaimed it like it did for all the others). 

My game crashed once right after I collected one of these thrust upgrades so my worry is that this glitched my progress on this. Have anyone else experienced anything like this? Does anyone have a map of the thrust upgrade locations so I can focus my search better? It's completely possible (maybe even probable) I just missed it, but it worries me since the map doesn't show the missing item icon on the map like it did for all of the other upgrades.

Edited by Rodego
Changed title to remove worry about glitch since it was just user error on my part

Glad you liked it, Rodego! Thanks for playing! Our guess is that the crash would not have corrupted the upgrade if you were able to load your save fine (although it's possible)

I have actually had that same experience, and thought for sure there was bug (and I'm the one that placed them!), but it always came down to me just missing one or two and having to fine-tooth comb it. 

The first thing to try is to open your map on both Pleasure Port and Luna Citadel and see if the whole map is revealed. Scan the walls for possible vent holes that you haven't gone into. There are two hidden rooms that I can think of that wouldn't be apparent on the map that require zap pads to enter.

Spoiler

One on Luna Citadel toward the top, and one where ART-E is introduced between the Head Shop and the Power Dome.

There is also one section of the game that doesn't appear on the map. The long platform near the surface of the moon has some upgrades. That could be a good place to look too. Good luck!

Thank you very much for the response.

I have the trophy for going in every room so I am confident that I have all of the rooms revealed. I will check out the section of the game that doesn't appear on the map so I will check that long platform section again that you mentioned. Thanks for the tip!

It was in the long platform section of the moon. I cannot believe I missed that when I was scouring the map looking for it as it was in plain sight!

Thank you so much for the help and thanks to everyone on the team at Double Fine for another awesome game!

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 0:13 PM, DF Gabe Cinquepalmi said:

Glad you liked it, Rodego! Thanks for playing! Our guess is that the crash would not have corrupted the upgrade if you were able to load your save fine (although it's possible)

I have actually had that same experience, and thought for sure there was bug (and I'm the one that placed them!), but it always came down to me just missing one or two and having to fine-tooth comb it. 

The first thing to try is to open your map on both Pleasure Port and Luna Citadel and see if the whole map is revealed. Scan the walls for possible vent holes that you haven't gone into. There are two hidden rooms that I can think of that wouldn't be apparent on the map that require zap pads to enter.

Reveal hidden contents

One on Luna Citadel toward the top, and one where ART-E is introduced between the Head Shop and the Power Dome.

There is also one section of the game that doesn't appear on the map. The long platform near the surface of the moon has some upgrades. That could be a good place to look too. Good luck!

I know it's been almost a full year for this thread, but I'm having a similar issue. I have successfully found all of the terminals in the game, but I'm still apparently missing one room. I've checked the completed maps people have posted and I cannot seem to find whatever room I would be missing.

Is there a secret room in the game that does NOT have a terminal? If so, where?!