• Announcements

• Spaff

New Forum software & theme display issues   07/20/2017

The latest forum update has caused some readability issues with our themes!  This was unexpected, so might take a little bit of time to fix, sorry about that. I think we've fixed the main ones though. We could have a bunch of new features too, I just need to look at those and see what we have enabled etc. More on that soon! If you spot any issues or things we need to tweak, please post them here:   a
Thunder_Hokie

Game-breaking bug log

Let's use this thread to report game-breaking bugs. ONLY gamebreaking bugs please, not just minor bugs. I couldn't find any similar log anywhere and want to help Double Fine hopefully prioritize to fix the game for those of us who are stuck due to a bug and can't progress our game to completion. 

Note, there may be minor spoilers here because of map location and mission objective discussions. 

Now for my bug report:

Location requires green roomba to enter. It's a powerup room. My roomba blew up as I came in the room. In every other room in the game, the appropriate robot color will come in the door to prevent you from getting stuck if every other bot of the right color gets destroyed. Unfortunately, this isn't happening in this room. I am stuck as just a head with no way out. I've tried reloading my game and all kinds of other creative solutions. But the game saved when I collected the powerup, so I'm stuck in this room until DF fixes this bug. 

So sad! I'm so close to 100%! Please priortize these types of bugs, DF! Thank you!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

A game breaking bug I've found is I can't actually complete the game.

I arrived at the last boss, and used the teleporter to get upgrades I had missed. I assumed I could come back. When I had gotten all my missing upgrades, I went back to the last level and assumed I could use the teleporter to get back to the final door. So I just thought I could run through the level again, but the elevator at the end of the level was still at the top.

Am I missing something to get that elevator lowered or this last teleporter working? I'd really like to complete this game...

IMG_0879.JPG

IMG_0876.JPG

Sooo I have posted here, emailed the support address, posted at the separate support forums AND reached out to DF and Adult Swim on Twitter. No responses, no announcement of patch timing, NOTHING. This lack of communication about a product that is now completely unplayable for many of us is unacceptable. How do I request a refund????

I'm playing on ps4, on my way to enter the computer core. I passed the blue door from the Rogue Eye. I went past the tunnel with all the lasers as the head, where the message comes up to gain more levels before proceeding. In the next room there were 3 headless robots and after that room there was a tunnel guarded by an evacutron. It's a dead end tunnel with some experience crystals in it. The game saved as I entered the tunnel. I entered that tunnel without opening the evacuton, now the Evacutron will not let me out and I'm trapped in the tunnel. This really sucks!!!!!

Nergal, are you in the same room I posted pics of above?

If so, the game's producer confirmed for me via Twitter that they are working on this fix. In fact, it's fixed totally on PC, but they said the PS4 patch won't come out until some unspecified time this week. It's really annoying. Like why did you agree to be part of PLAY 2016 on Playstation if you're going to prioritize the PC patches first? I feel a little betrayed as a customer and will definitely think twice before purchasing a DF game again at launch. I haven't been able to progress in my game for days now.

Hi all.

Apologies for the delayed response, the office is closed on the weekend.

As stated, the PS4 update will resolved these issues. It outta be released in the next day.

Thanks for the reports!

I'm currently at Methuselah, last boss. I was able to beat all 3 stages, getting to just the floating head, BUT, i was hiding on the shelf above the door in one of my attempts at the third part, which was mostly passable by just hitting him in the exposed chest with the head thrust. Apparently, when he went down and i had to overcharge him, i got sucked into the next room, and became stuck outside the map just above it. Attempting to get out again, i restart the boss fight, instead of teleporting to the beginning teleporter. Now, everytime i get to to the part where i'm supposed to hit him in the chest, nothing I try does ANY damage to his chest. No head butts or thrusts or even making autoturrets aiming at his chest cause his health to go down.

There is another odd thing. I noticed on the glitched screen (the boss has his leg inside the next room, and i'm outside the map), there's a message at the bottom about "breaking the purple protocol", but that may just be normal jabbering for that part of the level.

Whoa whoa, weird bug! We'll check it out.

Did this prevent you from progressing? If you're on PC you can send us your save file and we'll try to fix it for you. Send to: support@doublefine.com.

Well one thing I came across is the I somehow managed to enter the area you need to go to for the objective "meet earl on moons surface" before actually triggering the objective by finding the body And because of that I am stuck on that quest without being able to trigger the next quest. 

That will also be fixed in the coming update.

Are you on PC or PS4? If on PC, we could fix your save if you send it to support@doublefine.com.

I'm not sure how, but I can't advance to the King download despite having uploaded all the other pieces. I just reloaded my save and ran through all the others, still stuck. Any chance support@doublefine.com could help me?

Game Soft locks. 

Hey, so I've been speed running this game and have encountered a weird bug in PC. 

The game will stop updating objectives (starting in the laser room of the starcophagus). It proceeds (mostly) normally until you're supposed to get yellow shepards in the satellite chalet. They never show up (I'm assuming it's tied to the objective completing)

Video here: 

From experience (with not 100% statistical certainty) once it happens every new game started (possibly only in that save slot) will also bug out the same way, until the game is hard reset.

Not a huge deal but kind of annoying when I've just had to reset due to personal failure ;)

Several Steam users (including me) have had complete game hangs on the loading screen right after the starcoughagus. Nothing I've changed has seemed to fix it. Reinstalled/verified the game files. Old saves far past that point did load though.

Edit: seems fine now, not sure if it was changed or if it was on our ends.

Edited by Anomulus0

Looks like the "lowest' setting may be causing this. Please try a higher setting and let us know if that helps. We're investigating a fix.

Edited by DF Vic

I am trying to enter the computer core and their is no blue guard to enter blue door at the waste carousel 2 purge station. I see it in YouTube videos from the PC version. I'm on PS4

Please help! Green door is right before so I can't leave the 2 rooms to find one.

Edited by swiller

Never mind i switched to blue guard from green after opening green door. Not as simple as video. Thanks