enloudfibe

Amnesia Fortnight 2016/2017, Who would you most life to see as a guest?

So last time Pendleton Ward gave us Little Pink Best Buds. 

Who would be your own ideal candidate to join DF for the next AF? 

AF doesn't happen every year. I don't think they've announced one for this year, have they?

52 minutes ago, AnAnemoneInAnonymity said:

AF doesn't happen every year. I don't think they've announced one for this year, have they?

Last I heard, it was a possibility.  But nothing concrete was announced as of yet.

Ooh, embedded Twitter. Fancy.

Anywho, if it was to become a theme that the guests are people who make cool creative animated stuff, my picks would probably be Justin Roiland, Alex Hirsch, or Rebecca Sugar.

I vote for Justin Roland, I know he loved Headlander and he probably knows some DF guys already, plus his game would be absurd and weird.

Although he's probably deep in season 3 work, so idk.

Actually, since they are working on Psychonauts 2, which is their first "big" game in a long time, it makes sense for them to do an Amnesia Fortnight during this time, since one of the primary reasons for doing it is to relieve the stress and tedium of working on the same thing over a long period of time.

I think they should bring back Patrick Hackett for no other reason than to have him burst in at some point and chant

BAD GOLF 2!

BAD GOLF 2!

BAD GOLF 2!

Two possibilities immediately spring to mind for me... Justin Roland, and Trey Parker & Matt Stone!

To me Rick & Morty, and South Park, are both amazing candidates for point and click adventures, too. The RPG focus of Stick of Truth etc kind of misses the mark for me even though there is plenty of legit South Park in there.. it's just hard to feel like I'm in a South Park episode when there is nonsensical grindey RPG combat everywhere. Point and click adventures are the absolutely perfect  vehicle for these shows to become games which actually feel like "playing the show", without silly compromises to gamify them. Not only would the genre honor the shows, but I feel those shows would bring something to the genre that could break it back into the mainstream. That's not to say the Rick & Morty VR thing isn't intriguing...

While you all seem to be on the right path... I feel you're just a little off base.  Justin Roitland is busy developing his OWN games with other developers,  Matt and Trey are knee deep in ASS.  Rebecca Sugar is fairly busy too.  Well I mean anyone would be busy, but it should be someone who hasn't done a video game yet but would probably have some good ideas.  Although we don't NEED a guest, but honestly I think Gabe Swarr would be a good choice with his history.  

Also, maybe someone over at Naughty Dog which is so close to the DF offices would be able to drop in.  

The thing is, Tim said there'd be an Amnesia Fortnight... but we didn't ask the right question.  Will there be a PUBLIC Amnesia Fortnight?

24 minutes ago, Reid_Harris_Cooper said:

While you all seem to be on the right path... I feel you're just a little off base.  Justin Roitland is busy developing his OWN games with other developers,  Matt and Trey are knee deep in ASS.  Rebecca Sugar is fairly busy too.  Well I mean anyone would be busy, but it should be someone who hasn't done a video game yet but would probably have some good ideas.  Although we don't NEED a guest, but honestly I think Gabe Swarr would be a good choice with his history.  

Also, maybe someone over at Naughty Dog which is so close to the DF offices would be able to drop in.  

The thing is, Tim said there'd be an Amnesia Fortnight... but we didn't ask the right question.  Will there be a PUBLIC Amnesia Fortnight?

A very valid reality check. Still, we can daydream :)

Might I suggest another unlikely candidate who I would be even more excited to see work with Double Fine than those guys... Terry Gilliam.

Edited by edit

1 hour ago, Reid_Harris_Cooper said:

Technically Pendleton Ward is a pretty busy guy, too, but still that happened. So ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

On the Alex Hirsch end of things, while he is presumably busy with whatever secret thing he's cooking up at Fox, he did recently hang out with Greg Rice, sooo...

And yeah, I see nothing wrong with having some fun and making likely unrealistic choices, as this thread is a "who would you like to see" thing rather than a "who do you think it'll be."

37 minutes ago, Syd said:

And yeah, I see nothing wrong with having some fun and making likely unrealistic choices, as this thread is a "who would you like to see" thing rather than a "who do you think it'll be."

I'd like to see Abraham Lincoln! =D

Well if we're gonna go fantasy road...(but yet in the realm of possibility since... they're right there!)

Brad Bird, John Lasseter, Andrew Stanton, Ronnie del Carmen and Brenda Chapman (as a team)

Daron Nefcy

Amy Hennig

J.G. Quintel & Sean Szeles 

Both Alex Hirsch and Justin Roiland were on DF's No Man's Sky stream today.

And while I know that hanging around and playing a game for a bit of an evening =/= two weeks of game development, I can't help but add some fuel to the speculation fire.

I think it would be fun to see Graham Annable come back for a moment. Love me some Puzzle Agent and Coraline. I think he would make some interesting picks. I think his sensibilities very much fit DF's.

From the game world peopæe such as Lucas Pope or Jason Rohrer or Jonathan Blow or Jenova Chen. Their sensibilities seem different from DF's, but that could also lead to interesting choices.

If we're going with people that worked with Tim before, Steve Purcell.  He's worked with Telltale before, but I don't think he ever worked directly with Double Fine.

It would be awesome to see what would come from that combo.

43 minutes ago, lolholm said:

I think it would be fun to see Graham Annable come back for a moment. Love me some Puzzle Agent and Coraline. I think he would make some interesting picks. I think his sensibilities very much fit DF's.

From the game world peopæe such as Lucas Pope or Jason Rohrer or Jonathan Blow or Jenova Chen. Their sensibilities seem different from DF's, but that could also lead to interesting choices.

I dunno, I think Jenova Chen and Double Fine are probably each other's cup of tea. Chen tends to be more artsy while DF leans cartoony, but otherwise I think they are sorta kindred. =]

Maybe they are. I just know that I would like to see what happens in between Tim and Jenova's sensibilities. :-)

I'd like to see the Game Grumps partake in an Amnesia Fortnight. On the other hand, if Graham Annable gets involved and that nets the world another Grickle game... I'm torn!

I've anxiously been waiting for a new AF announcement, those 2 weeks are my favorite :)

A celebrity guest would be cute, but not essential, the DF crew is talented enough as is.

i can imagine though that AF doesn't give it a high priority, as it is more expensive to do than it earns through humble.

We'll see, not expecting it anymore in 2016....

On 28/11/2016 at 9:01 PM, jansenjfa said:

I've anxiously been waiting for a new AF announcement, those 2 weeks are my favorite :)

A celebrity guest would be cute, but not essential, the DF crew is talented enough as is.

i can imagine though that AF doesn't give it a high priority, as it is more expensive to do than it earns through humble.

We'll see, not expecting it anymore in 2016....

I fully agree with a celeb not being needed. AF is about the DF crew getting out there with their creative ideas and making some of those happen. :-)

I love AF so much. I really hope ot comes back.

5 hours ago, lolholm said:

I fully agree with a celeb not being needed. AF is about the DF crew getting out there with their creative ideas and making some of those happen. :-)

I love AF so much. I really hope ot comes back.

Historically AF is done as a break from a huge development they are currently working on. Since they are working on Psychonauts 2 right now, and since that is a very large project, it's possible that they are waiting to do the next AF for approximately somewhere in the middle of the Psychonauts 2 development.

Edited by AnAnemoneInAnonymity